2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you have a hard on for Hayes but the reason he's in the seconds is that he is very limited around the ground and his one goal in the last 30 games talks to that. Do you think if he was an option up forward that he wouldnt have been rested up there occasionally and kicked a few goals? And it's hardly as if he's been a force dropping into the hole to take those defensive marks
In 2018/19 Hayes kicked 16 goals in 18 games. It's just in recent years Ken doesn't play our No.1 ruck up forward much.

Look at Lycett, he barely rests up forward for us, a lot of the time he's lumbering down back trying to fill a hole.

Fave fixture of the year, one I never ever miss, f yeah.

But some old mates from way back had organised the annual catch-up at the pub. Such a dilemma, what was I gonna do? "F@%k u campaigners, I'm going to the footy."

So they all tagged along, too. They even picked me up. But when I went to get in the car, they were like:

"Where's the Ports Disco Jacket?"
"Ah, shit, it's inside."
"We're not going until you put it on."
"Seriously?”
"Definitely."
"Campaigners."

So yeah, I went back in, grabbed it and, as always, looked f@%king mint.

Ended up being a big reunion at Lizbeff coz we bumped into some more old mates at the game. Some were even teammates from the Padlock Flashers, our old social basketball team named in honour of Raymond Douglass, AKA The Padlock Flasher, who briefly terrorised Adelaide in the mid-90s, exposing himself to ladies with a big padlock on his knob.

Where my Footy Budget at farken? There weren't any for sale when we went in. So one of my mates when looking for one. Some CDFC official said they were sold out coz they only got 15 copies or some shit, lol.

The good: all our bigs showed something.
The bad: they'll all be playing SNAFL next week.

Hayes & Georgie should be straight back in. Let them find form in the AFL if you have to. Because there's absolutely nothing to get out of them playing at this level.

Teakle can play.

He could easily walk into the Power 22 rn farken. Doggies fans around us kept calling him "the gay guy from Perth." Oscar Wilde they were not, homosexual reference notwithstanding. Couldn't they call him Tinkerbell or something, I dunno?

At quarter-time, my mate, who coached out at Centrals before moving on to another club, went down to the Doggies huddle. Everyone down there was like:

"F@%k, they're big!"

Same mate has been raving about Isaiah Dudley for years. Reckons he's easily the most gifted and naturally skilled player he's ever coached. But he struggles with weight and fitness. Geelong were keen on him. Solid lil' unit.

Anyway, Jase Burgoyne sold him a beautiful dummy in the 3rd qtr. Then, as they were jogging away, Jase slapped Isaiah on the arse so hard, the fleshy echo boomed right across the Northern Suburbs.

Isaiah got some junk in his trunk.

Nothing worse than playing mini-league at Lizbeff. When I played mini-league for Centrals at home, Doggies fans spat on us as we come out of the race and questioned our parentage and sexuality. We were eleven. But it might be even worse with your fam in the crowd. Coz this one kid kicked a pretty good goal and the next thing you hear all his fam yelling out:

'GOOD GOAL FAT BOY!!!"

Marty Frederick, I caught you scoping out the Ports Silver Jacket at the 3/4 time huddle, mayn.

Bass walked right past us at one point and it took every inch of self-restraint in my half-cut ass not to yell out:

PLAY A RUCKMAN YA DOPEY CAMPAIGNER

Highlight of the day, besides Port's win, was the dude who bought 21 beers in a round. 21 BEERS. Cost him, like, $180 or some shit. The bar staff gave him a plastic crate to take them all back to his mates, lmao...

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

View attachment 1421846
Always love your game reviews, but the ones from Lizbeff oval are always special.

Bergman has always looked skinny, but always been ripped at the same time.

There's no fat on him to fill out the gaps.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Devon Robertson going ok for the Lions tonight. We could have taken him instead of Williams.

He's an ok player who had 14 disposals in the midfield. If we played Mead instead of Motlop he could get 14 disposals.

Williams has the talent to tear a game apart. I'll always back them on that call.

Williams was a high risk high reward pick. The thing about high risk high reward picks is sometimes they don't come off, that's why they're called high risk. But if you don't take any high risk high reward picks, you don't end up building a team that's good enough to win a flag.

Williams was a high risk high reward pick. The thing about high risk high reward picks is sometimes they don't come off, that's why they're called high risk. But if you don't take any high risk high reward picks, you don't end up building a team that's good enough to win a flag.

Tom Boyd and Ben Brown were big risks that won't end up being consistent stars for there new team but they were a major reason why dogs and dee's won GF

Fave fixture of the year, one I never ever miss, f yeah.

But some old mates from way back had organised the annual catch-up at the pub. Such a dilemma, what was I gonna do? "F@%k u campaigners, I'm going to the footy."

So they all tagged along, too. They even picked me up. But when I went to get in the car, they were like:

"Where's the Ports Disco Jacket?"
"Ah, shit, it's inside."
"We're not going until you put it on."
"Seriously?”
"Definitely."
"Campaigners."

So yeah, I went back in, grabbed it and, as always, looked f@%king mint.

Ended up being a big reunion at Lizbeff coz we bumped into some more old mates at the game. Some were even teammates from the Padlock Flashers, our old social basketball team named in honour of Raymond Douglass, AKA The Padlock Flasher, who briefly terrorised Adelaide in the mid-90s, exposing himself to ladies with a big padlock on his knob.

Where my Footy Budget at farken? There weren't any for sale when we went in. So one of my mates when looking for one. Some CDFC official said they were sold out coz they only got 15 copies or some shit, lol.

The good: all our bigs showed something.
The bad: they'll all be playing SNAFL next week.

Hayes & Georgie should be straight back in. Let them find form in the AFL if you have to. Because there's absolutely nothing to get out of them playing at this level.

Teakle can play.

He could easily walk into the Power 22 rn farken. Doggies fans around us kept calling him "the gay guy from Perth." Oscar Wilde they were not, homosexual reference notwithstanding. Couldn't they call him Tinkerbell or something, I dunno?

At quarter-time, my mate, who coached out at Centrals before moving on to another club, went down to the Doggies huddle. Everyone down there was like:

"F@%k, they're big!"

Same mate has been raving about Isaiah Dudley for years. Reckons he's easily the most gifted and naturally skilled player he's ever coached. But he struggles with weight and fitness. Geelong were keen on him. Solid lil' unit.

Anyway, Jase Burgoyne sold him a beautiful dummy in the 3rd qtr. Then, as they were jogging away, Jase slapped Isaiah on the arse so hard, the fleshy echo boomed right across the Northern Suburbs.

Isaiah got some junk in his trunk.

Nothing worse than playing mini-league at Lizbeff. When I played mini-league for Centrals at home, Doggies fans spat on us as we come out of the race and questioned our parentage and sexuality. We were eleven. But it might be even worse with your fam in the crowd. Coz this one kid kicked a pretty good goal and the next thing you hear all his fam yelling out:

'GOOD GOAL FAT BOY!!!"

Marty Frederick, I caught you scoping out the Ports Silver Jacket at the 3/4 time huddle, mayn.

Bass walked right past us at one point and it took every inch of self-restraint in my half-cut ass not to yell out:

PLAY A RUCKMAN YA DOPEY CAMPAIGNER

Highlight of the day, besides Port's win, was the dude who bought 21 beers in a round. 21 BEERS. Cost him, like, $180 or some shit. The bar staff gave him a plastic crate to take them all back to his mates, lmao...

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

View attachment 1421846

You should write a review every week!

P.S.: In a thread of their own.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Ollie Lord get a crack at AFL footy before reinstating Georgiades. I also would not mind Jase Burgoyne in place of Motlop. We are going nowhere in 2022 so why not give a couple of untried players a crack at it?

Whilst the mathematics say we can play finals Ken won’t do anything like that.

Even if we have no further injuries I can't see the Magpies making finals. We're three games behind 5th and we play unconvincing football. We went goalless in a quarter against the second to worse club in the sanfl. 19 forward entries in the third quarter for a couple of points. Hinkley puppetry on stage.

Whilst the mathematics say we can play finals Ken won’t do anything like that.

Soon the mathematics will be saying Ken, you're subtracted.

Here, watch some proper Port Adelaide football

I used to think Maggie teams of that era would beat today's version by about 20 goals, but I was obviously wrong, the margin would have blown out way past that, the magoos line ups from back then would have probably dispatched the current so called A grade as well.

Tom Boyd and Ben Brown were big risks that won't end up being consistent stars for there new team but they were a major reason why dogs and dee's won GF
They weren’t risks at all. Examples of players who added to premierships yes

Risks no.

Boyd was a recent pick 1 kf that a team desperate for kpps and rucks traded pick 6 (and dogs always had high picks coming out their ass) and a totally cooked player.

There was no risk there for a club that bombed on high draft picks all the time and had plenty always coming through the door.

Brown also wasn’t a risk. Did melb give up anything much for him? I don’t recall.

Here, after that dross served up at Her Majesty's Oval, watch some proper Port Adelaide football

Unley oval was a fortress for visiting teams to conquer from the blue baggers golden era.
I can recall a game when Fos was coaching (I think it was 1970 ) and played in perfect conditions with little to no breeze when the Maggies jumped out of the blocks to lead by 5 or 6 goals at half time and yet lost by something like double that.

There is a sensational black and white photo from that game showing Neville Thiele on the left half forward flank of Unley oval with outstretched arms holding back a couple of sturt players, while Blinky Nyland is charging towards goal and Russell Ebert is a few metres from Thiele barking instructions.

From memory the pic may have been shown on this site before.

I would like to see Ollie Lord get a crack at AFL footy before reinstating Georgiades. I also would not mind Jase Burgoyne in place of Motlop. We are going nowhere in 2022 so why not give a couple of untried players a crack at it?
I like the general theory of this post, but Jase isn't exactly like for like with Mots no? And with four goals I want to see MG come straight back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back