2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't a great win but we had some really good developments in some of the younger players.

Lord
Visentini
Teakle
Georgiades

All of this young key position players were brilliant. I especially rate Visentini, as a first year 18 year old ruck he has been outstanding and is my tip as our future no1 ahead of Hayes

On TET-AN00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Georgiades gets the ball OK but he still has one archilles heel and that is his kicking. I would not be bringing Georgiades in at Robbie Gray's expense if he replaces anyone it should be Steven Motlop. I would also be happy enough to see Burgoyne given a go in place of Motlop.

Looks like I lucked out as I stopped watching early in 2nd quarter when Teakle kìcked his 2nd goal and we were 5.0 and went out, got back home and turned on the box at 20 minute mark, BT took a mark on the outer we were 9.8 v 8.8 and saw Georgi kick the last 2.

So I saw us kick 7.0 and missed the 4.8 bit and the 3rd quarter which on the SANFL app timeline looked like it was ordinary.

Im happy with what I saw the players deliver.

BT will have no problem playing SANFL footy if he can deliver that, and doesnt really know his teammates. If he gets an AFL game this year he will be able to compete against AFL players. If he has a big preseason he could be a regular player next year.

Schofield and Mead were very neat for the bits of the game I saw. If they can use the ball like at AFL level then we will have 2 good players. Issue will be they wont get as much time and space at AFL level. But they have good neat disposal skills.

Bergman looks like he’s lost weight since his illness. Might explain why he’s not up to it at the moment.
Reasonable point he does look a bit skinny, that aside it is his decision making or more to the point the lack of it that concerns me, atm when he gets the ball there is often a distinct lack of poise usually followed by a rushed disposal.

I will be very happy to be wrong if I have underestimated the bloke. :)

Wrong I have a hard on for quality tap work, aside from Ryder at his best we've had lousy tap ruckmen who supposedly make up for it with follow up work for years & they've all been garbage. I don't give a flying fukc about Sam taking time to develop around the ground.
Ryder at his best was a soft handed athletic beast. On exposed form, Hayes is slower than a wet sunday and with all the agility of a baby giraffe

Mead ended up playing quite well. I missed most of the third quarter but I don’t think Duursma was good.

22 touches, 7 marks, 5 tackles. I thought he battled hard, and ran all day. The sanfl is probably a hard place for a running wingman to shine, seemed so congested and scrappy.

I didn’t mention Schofield, but I was impressed with him, got neat skills.

No one really beating the door down for selection though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable point he does look a bit skinny, that aside it is his decision making or more to the point the lack of it that concerns me, atm when he gets the ball there is often a distinct lack of poise usually followed by a rushed disposal.

I will be very happy to be wrong if I have underestimated the bloke. :)

You can slot in the names of most of our players.

I'm going to focus on the positives.

Teakle played very well and looks to have AFL attributes. Good ruck work, held his marks, kicked goals, competitive and genuine agility for 204 cm (his words) player.

Kye Roberts. Looks a very good player. Composed, fast and good skills. Excellent Sanfl league debut.

Lord continues to build into an AFL player. Not opposed to seeing him in the AFL sooner rather than later.

Georgiades worked into the game and his superior fitness and talent meant he stood tall when it mattered.

Burgoyne is an AFL talent, another good performance.

Hayes played well, maybe the fact Teakle is a genuine choice for Ken brought the best out of him. I'd still pick Teakle this weekend fwiw.

McKenzie played well. I prefer him to Clurey but only just. Think he has more attacking flair and is pretty similar defensively than Tom.

Mead was close to BOG.

Duursma worked really hard and played pretty well although some of his disposal let him down. On the right track.

Schoefield also solid.

Lord is coming along nicely. Good size, athletic and nice hands. Still young as developing tall forward. Hope he gets a game for the firsts this year but it’s a hard forward line to break into
It sure as shit isn't a hard forward line to break into.

The forward line is 15th in the league.

Lord is up against Dixon, Marshall, Georgiadis, Finlayson and even Teakle. We’re 15th in the league because of coach not the talent on hand
If the talent isn't performing they shouldn't be in the 1sts. That's what selection is for

Marshall is the only forward we have who is performing.

Fave fixture of the year, one I never ever miss, f yeah.

But some old mates from way back had organised the annual catch-up at the pub. Such a dilemma, what was I gonna do? "F@%k u campaigners, I'm going to the footy."

So they all tagged along, too. They even picked me up. But when I went to get in the car, they were like:

"Where's the Ports Disco Jacket?"
"Ah, shit, it's inside."
"We're not going until you put it on."
"Seriously?”
"Definitely."
"Campaigners."

So yeah, I went back in, grabbed it and, as always, looked f@%king mint.

Ended up being a big reunion at Lizbeff coz we bumped into some more old mates at the game. Some were even teammates from the Padlock Flashers, our old social basketball team named in honour of Raymond Douglass, AKA The Padlock Flasher, who briefly terrorised Adelaide in the mid-90s, exposing himself to ladies with a big padlock on his knob.

Where my Footy Budget at farken? There weren't any for sale when we went in. So one of my mates when looking for one. Some CDFC official said they were sold out coz they only got 15 copies or some shit, lol.

The good: all our bigs showed something.
The bad: they'll all be playing SNAFL next week.

Hayes & Georgie should be straight back in. Let them find form in the AFL if you have to. Because there's absolutely nothing to get out of them playing at this level.

Teakle can play.

He could easily walk into the Power 22 rn farken. Doggies fans around us kept calling him "the gay guy from Perth." Oscar Wilde they were not, homosexual reference notwithstanding. Couldn't they call him Tinkerbell or something, I dunno?

At quarter-time, my mate, who coached out at Centrals before moving on to another club, went down to the Doggies huddle. Everyone down there was like:

"F@%k, they're big!"

Same mate has been raving about Isaiah Dudley for years. Reckons he's easily the most gifted and naturally skilled player he's ever coached. But he struggles with weight and fitness. Geelong were keen on him. Solid lil' unit.

Anyway, Jase Burgoyne sold him a beautiful dummy in the 3rd qtr. Then, as they were jogging away, Jase slapped Isaiah on the arse so hard, the fleshy echo boomed right across the Northern Suburbs.

Isaiah got some junk in his trunk.

Nothing worse than playing mini-league at Lizbeff. When I played mini-league for Centrals at home, Doggies fans spat on us as we come out of the race and questioned our parentage and sexuality. We were eleven. But it might be even worse with your fam in the crowd. Coz this one kid kicked a pretty good goal and the next thing you hear all his fam yelling out:

'GOOD GOAL FAT BOY!!!"

Marty Frederick, I caught you scoping out the Ports Silver Jacket at the 3/4 time huddle, mayn.

Bass walked right past us at one point and it took every inch of self-restraint in my half-cut ass not to yell out:

PLAY A RUCKMAN YA DOPEY CAMPAIGNER

Highlight of the day, besides Port's win, was the dude who bought 21 beers in a round. 21 BEERS. Cost him, like, $180 or some shit. The bar staff gave him a plastic crate to take them all back to his mates, lmao...

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 6.31.51 pm.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back