Strategy CEO Thread - Jennifer Watt - Started Jan 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
There's a thread on Amarfio and another thread on Clarko, but I couldn't see a separate thread for our new CEO, and I think one is needed to discuss this specific topic.

Seems the talk is Bell or Brayshaw. Damo focusing on Bell today

I wouldn't mind Bell, been away from the club for over 20 years, and while he hasn't taken Freo to any great heights, he's quite switched on and would bring a somewhat outside perspective. Not sure though if he'd be willing to move away from WA though, seems quite entrenched over there.

There's a thread on Amarfio and another thread on Clarko, but I couldn't see a separate thread for our new CEO, and I think one is needed to discuss this specific topic.

Seems the talk is Bell or Brayshaw. Damo focusing on Bell today

I wouldn't mind Bell, been away from the club for over 20 years, and while he hasn't taken Freo to any great heights, he's quite switched on and would bring a somewhat outside perspective. Not sure though if he'd be willing to move away from WA though, seems quite entrenched over there.

I'm not wedded to the idea that the CEO needs to be an ex player, sports industry and not for profit experience important though.

Didn’t Clarko mention something about Peter Jackson coming across who was at Melbourne through the Paul Roos time?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t Clarko mention something about Peter Jackson coming across who was at Melbourne through the Paul Roos time?

Peter Jackson was helping/advising us (or maybe just sonya?) behind the scenes for a while after Walsh's report dropped, but was reported to have had no interest in a full time job. Supposedly he was put into contact with us by Paul Roos.

Annoyingly I think caro was the first to report on this.

As if Peter Bell is going to say anything about his future while Freo are playing finals, same for Tom Harley whose name has also been mentioned.
Pretty sure he did specifically say something to the effect of "i hadnt even considered going there, im not leaving"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Jackson was helping/advising us (or maybe just sonya?) behind the scenes for a while after Walsh's report dropped, but was reported to have had no interest in a full time job. Supposedly he was put into contact with us by Paul Roos.

Annoyingly I think caro was the first to report on this.
Caro only found out about it after Clarkson told Whatley.

She tried to put a negative spin on it "Clarkson reviling private information behind Hood's back". She has been out to get us even more since Clarkson is on board. I guess that means she thinks we are relevant again.

Bell has no interest, he's already said so.

He doesn't consider himself a North guy and loves Freo.
Good. I remember once in the Members bar at what is now Marvel Stadium and all the players were coming in for a drink. I can't recall who he was with but he said "Where are we standing. I want to get away from all these f***ing idiots". He hadn't been there 30 seconds and not one person had spoken to him. Up himself

Good. I remember once in the Members bar at what is now Marvel Stadium and all the players were coming in for a drink. I can't recall who he was with but he said "Where are we standing. I want to get away from all these f***ing idiots". He hadn't been there 30 seconds and not one person had spoken to him. Up himself

Sounds like a real ding dong.

I guess 2 and a half thousand Kms is away?

I just listened to MB on the ABC as they were interviewing him re his son and watching him tonight.

When asked about the NMFC CEO role he certainly didn't come across as someone who had the role stitched up or even wanting to be part of the process. He said footy CEO's are hard to find and wished us good luck in finding one.

He loves Sonja though - called her a 'ripper'.

Clarko is on the advisory board for his weed company. They should build a clinic at Arden St. I don’t know if we’ll win more games but it might attract a new crowd.

I agree. I think it was done and dusted when Clarko signed on. There will be a pause to show we did due diligence and then Brayshaw will be appointed.

I asked Sam Edmund when the news broke about Ben Amarfio. Edmunds didn’t think Brayshaw is a chance for the CEO and ruled him out.
IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1368.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy CEO Thread - Jennifer Watt - Started Jan 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back