Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys need to get a grip, AFL football is by far the hardest sport on earth to commentate, yet we have BF posters who seem to sit down with pen and paper in hand waiting for any mistake the commentators make so they can jott it down and bag them on BF, if any of you had to call a game you would stuff it up royally, even after years of practice, get a grip FFS.

If you want to bag commentators, have a listen to some of the French trotting, "1 is passed by......(ten second pause).....

.......then comes.........

So 1 goes to the lead...............

........4 is second...

And so on.
You follow French Horse Racing?:huh:

I went to their version of the TAB years ago to maybe have a bet, but it was so bloody confusing I just walked out and never have considered it again.

How bad are those "we just love the footy ads"?

Channel 7 are pure, cheap, tacky, cringe worthy rubbish. All their graphics, tv programs and internal advertising is marketed for the lowest in the gene pool. They always have been and always will be the worst commercial TV station because their target demographic are 40 plus conservatives who feel comforted by cheap, tacky commercials that feed off nostalgia .

I can't believe I am forced to spend my winter and summer watching my two favourite things, footy and cricket, on 7. I hate channel 7!!!!

Channel 7 are pure, cheap, tacky, cringe worthy rubbish. All their graphics, tv programs and internal advertising is marketed for the lowest in the gene pool. They always have been and always will be the worst commercial TV station because their target demographic are 40 plus conservatives who feel comforted by cheap, tacky commercials that feed off nostalgia .

I can't believe I am forced to spend my winter and summer watching my two favourite things, footy and cricket, on 7. I hate channel 7!!!!
I feel the same. Not looking forward to cricket on 7.

Oh well maybe they'll surprise.

I can tell u now they'll probably have ads after each ball let alone each over!

Also did anyone notice BT get the players wrong again yesterday Stk v melb.

Saints player got a 50 due to a Melbourne player being in the protected zone (a shitter rule there is not) and he was adamant that it was Webster (who is a saints player) and hamish had to pretty much say "ah he plays for stk) then after a bit BT was like "oh yeah whoops my bad"

Only really noticed because of all the commentator bashing on here lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was watching some replays of David Rodans highlights on youtube yesterday....
anyway...
And the commentators where the bloody same in 2001 as what they are now!!!
BT, Derm, Gary Lyon..
We definatley need more recently retired players in the commentary box. Nick Reiwoldt & Leigh Montagna are great for fox. Brad Johnson isnt bad either.

I will say 1 thing. If you put it on mute, you get a lot better feel of the game and what's going on than with the commentary, because you actually watch and form your own opinions. Helps for betting reasons lol. Rather than being told what's happening by a bunch of drama queens and sensationalists.

Yeah this is going to sound bias but Carey is the only good thing about channel 7 commentary.

He has original thoughts- the rest are just circle jerkers
I can’t recall the last original thought he expressed. On the occasions he does do it it’s something like “Sam Mitchell wouldn’t get a game at any other club”, i.e. trying to be controversial for the sake of it. As a general rule he is neither insightful nor interesting. If Ling is Captain Obvious then Carey is his first mate.

It is slim pickings as far as special commentators go. Pavlich on Fox is probably the best atm. He seems yet to be indoctrinated into the boys club which can only help.

As good a player as Carey was, I am still amazed the way some of his fellow commentators fawn over him (particularly Bruce).

Keep in mind this a bloke with a record of sexually assaulting women and has multiple arrests & convictions for bashing women. Scum of the highest order and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a commentary box.

This thread is long overdue. The commentary team on seven are nothing more than glorified fanboys. Often it’s just thinly veiled barracking which skews their viewpoints. Brian Taylor should be strung up by his soup strainer and used as a piñata. He’s an absolute embarrassment and the fact Richardson and Ronald Mac idolise him tells you just how classy and professional they really are. It’s time to get actual professional commentators in who can put aside their allegiances and call with some impartiality, not these biased hacks we’re stuck with now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following on from Matt Eagles's debut yesterday, they need a reality commentator show- "The Larynx."

Since when did seven do cricket? I'm from the NT, so if its on 7, that weird because its usually on 9.

As good a player as Carey was, I am still amazed the way some of his fellow commentators fawn over him (particularly Bruce).

Keep in mind this a bloke with a record of sexually assaulting women and has multiple arrests & convictions for bashing women. Scum of the highest order and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a commentary box.
Least he didn't kill someone.

Pretty much, it's an insult to the human mind.

Reality TV esq.

For someone who loves the game and cares about how it's presented to me, the football commentary situation in Australia is genuinely depressing.
I had the soccer final on for five minutes the other night, and it impressed me that their callers call the play, discuss the game, seem intent on informing the fans, and ultimately treating them with respect. There seemed to be no requirement for blokey banter or in-jokes.
We on the other hand, get Lingy, BT, Darcy and the rest... just so mediocre.
I'm watching a lot less footy than I used to, and they're a big reason. Just cannot handle listening to such drivel.
For those with a smart TV (unfortunately we're in the dark ages, for now) and the AFL app, it's easier than it's ever been to sync up radio commentary with the TV coverage. It
It's important people either switch off or hit mute. Until C7 are no longer able to reach us with their advertising, nothing will change.

The jobs for the boys had to stop AGES ago. Our commentary on commercial tv is embarrassing compared to world sports. So so sick of "xxxx has to kick the ball this way in this situation" or "this team is bad at xxxx but I know the solution". Why can't they just commentate on the actual action appearing in front of our eyes? And take the ****ing ego out of it

Then Leigh Matthews and Campbell Brown should be automatically booted from their jobs too. McAvaney has been slobbering over Matthews for a lot longer than he has Carey. If anything it's even creepier too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back