Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'm the Swans I don't muck around. If he isn't going to sign a long term extension this off season you get the most you possibly can from West Coast or Fremantle. Corey Warner would be in the trade too.

Eagles have #3, a future 1st and whatever from a Barrass trade and an early 2nd rounder.
Fremantle you go for the 3 x 1sts this year and a future 1st.

Personally, I go with a West Coast offer of #3, another first from a Barrass trade and a '25 1st.

With Mac Andrew off the board now a Warner trade might just be the biggest the game has ever seen.
Think we'll have to try next year at those prices Kinnear

If I'm the Swans I don't muck around. If he isn't going to sign a long term extension this off season you get the most you possibly can from West Coast or Fremantle. Corey Warner would be in the trade too.

Eagles have #3, a future 1st and whatever from a Barrass trade and an early 2nd rounder.

Personally, I go with a West Coast offer of #3, another first from a Barrass trade and a '25 1st.

With Mac Andrew off the board now a Warner trade might just be the biggest the game has ever seen.

We go through this every year don't we, this isn't how the system works in Australia.

Just to clear it up for everyone, this is how it works IF Warner decides he wants a trade.

1. CW requests a trade to a WA club.
2. CW selects his preferred team, it's never two teams in Aus it is always a preferred team.
3. Sydney negotiate with that team.
4. Sydney through the media suggests they are willing to trade him to the other team completely disregarding the fact that he has to agree to that which again never happens in Aus.
5. CW gets traded to his preferred team, or he doesn't, and he returns to Sydney to see out his contract.

I reiterate, Sydney does not dictate which of the two WA clubs he goes to based upon the best trade offer available to them. They negotiate a trade with his desired team and either execute a trade or hold him to his contract.

If West Coast come with a $1.6 deal x 8/9 years
Cant see Warner knocking that back

Im thinking freo wont get anywhere near that without disrupting the apple cart as Rance would say

If we think we are a good chance of getting him we would have the $$ put aside.

If we think we are a good chance of getting him we would have the $$ put aside.
I doubt it
Its not like putting money in the bank and withdraw as you need it
Brayshaw is going to get massive offers and Bolton $1.2

As Richmond found out within 4-5 years you lose players with only 4-5 top end salary players

Cant have 10 million dollar players on a list

I doubt it
Its not like putting money in the bank and withdraw as you need it
Brayshaw is going to get massive offers and Bolton $1.2

As Richmond found out within 4-5 years you lose players with only 4-5 top end salary players

Cant have 10 million dollar players on a list

We will see.

If the speculation is accurate, we have been pursuing every hard. That wouldn't be happening if we didn't have the cap space available to make it happen.

We have signed a lot of guys up to long term (5-6 years) deals so our list managers would have a very good handle on forward projections.

We will see.

If the speculation is accurate, we have been pursuing every hard. That wouldn't be happening if we didn't have the cap space available to make it happen.

We have signed a lot of guys up to long term (5-6 years) deals so our list managers would have a very good handle on forward projections.
The game has changed now

The offer would have been $1.1-$1.2 but with the changes coming and salary increasing the talent will be looking at $1.5-$1.6 range

Next 3 years all players coming out of contract will be getting alot higher offers and clubs will need to pay up
Brayshaw will be the next player over $1 mil imo

I don't think we have the cap for that sort of outlay long term. What I do know is he'll be horribly underpaid for next season on his current contract. Strong incentive to hold him to that and leverage it.

No idea how Freo afford it considering their other business. Offloading a player like Serong or Erasmus might interest us. Originally, I was thinking all of Freo 1sts for our 1sts but as a pure draft play they're locked with their others deals.

WC can afford it and have the draft capital but without a coach and considering the hard slog over the next few years, I'm not sure Warner will go for that.

Better to sit it out for a few years, wait for the Tassie feast, a better idea of WC's direction and extended future draft picks. More options, more leverage. Think he'll sign for an extra 2 years with a pay rise next year, so 3 year contract after the GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should just swap our future firsts as well then, keep it interesting.
Sydney arent doing that though as clearly the price suggests we are trading for the best player in the game - how could we lose a game next year

Bookmark the post and come back if he is traded this off season. It won't be for anything less than what was said.

Pretty standard for a very good/elite player to be traded for two firsts with a second going back. Happened with Lachie Neale, Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar. All comparatively rated to Warner when they moved under contract.

Dylan Shiel (AA: 2017) & 2019 2nd for Pick #9 and 2019 1st round pick
Adam Treloar & Pick #28 for Pick #7, #65 and 2016 1st round pick
Lachie Neale and Pick #30 for Pick #6, #19 and #55

Based off that #9 or #10 with F1 for Warner and F2

Pretty standard for a very good/elite player to be traded for two firsts with a second going back. Happened with Lachie Neale, Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar. All comparatively rated to Warner when they moved under contract.

Star Wars GIF

If you burn your three firsts this trade period/draft, what collateral will you have next year to get a deal done?

Port collapsing is making that one a better pick.
Why would we need more than two 1sts to trade for an out of contract player?

I'll take you up on that. Nobody gets traded for 4 first rounders.
There are 1st rounders then there are 1st rounders

all 3 of Freo's 1st Would be lucky to get #3 from the eagles

Picks 15,16,17+ F1 doesnt buy you pick #1
the offers that came for Reid + JHF were worth more than tha above

Thats about what it would take to make sydney consider
then have to find $1.5 mil x 8 years in the cap

Lol, hilarious.

He isn't close to worth that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back