Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

That values Warner at a top 4 pick and a pick 7-10ish. If you wont take that then clearly you guys are either unreasonable or are happy to forgo the trade bounty for another chance at a premiership, id prefer the premiership if it was me.

I hope we leave Warner alone this year, should be gettable with our 1st pick alone next year

A few reasons why it would be a bad trade for swans.

Firstly no idea where you are getting the value. It would be pick 3 for pick 18, plain and simple. Value of picks only really comes.into it when there are bids to take care of IMO.

Secondly, why would be bet on next years finishing position? Far to many unknowns next year plus who knows what improve WCE could make. For instance, could easily see. WCE rise up to say 10th with swans falling back. Suspect we should have at least one first round academy player next year too

Also, that is only unreasonable to you.

Way too many unknowns. Would have to be overpay to pry him out

A few reasons why it would be a bad trade for swans.

Firstly no idea where you are getting the value. It would be pick 3 for pick 18, plain and simple. Value of picks only really comes.into it when there are bids to take care of IMO.
Im not using points value... I had 2 top 4 picks for Warner and 2 late teens picks
Secondly, why would be bet on next years finishing position? Far to many unknowns next year plus who knows what improve WCE could make. For instance, could easily see. WCE rise up to say 10th with swans falling back. Suspect we should have at least one first round academy player next year too
We are losing Barrass, and have a new coach who will have a new plan, as well as an even younger list again. Yeo and McGovern arent getting younger. We will be bottom 4, maybe bottom 5/6 if something crazy happens.
Do you really think you would drop that much? Your list is still strong, its not old, you have more players ready to step in for Warner. Mills was literally an AA mid a couple years ago and you werent even using him in the middle, easy replacement
Also, that is only unreasonable to you.

Way too many unknowns. Would have to be overpay to pry him out
As I said, 3+f1 for Warner +17+Swans f1, that is overpay

Im not using points value... I had 2 top 4 picks for Warner and 2 late teens picks

We are losing Barrass, and have a new coach who will have a new plan, as well as an even younger list again. Yeo and McGovern arent getting younger. We will be bottom 4, maybe bottom 5/6 if something crazy happens.
Do you really think you would drop that much? Your list is still strong, its not old, you have more players ready to step in for Warner. Mills was literally an AA mid a couple years ago and you werent even using him in the middle, easy replacement

As I said, 3+f1 for Warner +17+Swans f1, that is overpay

Just have to agree to disagree on this

WA MOVE ON THE CARDS FOR SUPERSTAR SWAN

Sydney Swans superstar Chad Warner could be on his way back to Western Australia as the rumour mill goes into overdrive following his side’s embarrassing loss to the Lions on grand final day.

Warner remains contracted until the end of 2025 but both West Australian clubs believe Warner will request a trade back to his home state by the end of next year, according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph.

“WA-based clubs are of the belief it is his intention to return home at the end of next year. He’s stubborn enough to believe he can get through a whole season of a contract impasse. They believe it’s not an ambit claim, it’s not a contract negotiation,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He and his partner, who’s also from Perth, just want to go home. They even believe that if Sydney had won this game, he might have put in a trade request. A really small chance, but it’s absolutely zero now,” Ralph continued.

“This is a 12-month saga. It’s not going to be easy for this club to negotiate through. It’s another distraction this football club doesn’t need coming off this loss.”

Collingwood champion Nathan Buckley wondered whether the Swans would get aggressive at the trade table as they seek answers after a second embarrassing grand final defeat in three years.

“I wonder how aggressive and proactive Sydney need to be given the performance in two of the last three years of some of these players,” Buckley said.

Warner had just 21 disposals and a goal in the ten-goal loss to the Lions in the grand final but was one of the Swans’ best performers in 2024.

In all honesty if Chad Warner’s girlfriend wanted me to move to Mexico to play table tennis with a drug cartel I’m buying myself a sombrero and a plane ticket so I can understand where he is coming from

Reckon eagles are right in this

I mean if they’re giving p13 for baker they ll probably hand over 3 and f1 for Warner

Adrian barich stated on his podcast that Benny C told him harley wants to play for flags ASAP and if by end of his contract the clubs not pushing finals he’s likely outta there

so can see west coast selling the farm

That club will do anything to keep wunderkind happy

Be interesting to see how it plays out

I mean if they’re giving p13 for baker they ll probably hand over 3 and f1 for Warner

Adrian barich stated on his podcast that Benny C told him harley wants to play for flags ASAP and if by end of his contract the clubs not pushing finals he’s likely outta there

Do Freo fans think Barich is a good source for info or something?

Do Sydney try and get him out now to maximise his value instead of not being able to get as much value due to him being out of contract next year
He's more valuable than Bolton and Freo have an arsenal of picks. His maximum value is right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more chance of us giving up 3 + F1 for Warner than 13 for Baker

i think fremantle have more pressing list needs than what warner brings.

he would be a good acquisition, but it feels like fremantle have become too obsessed with targetting wa talent they think will return home rather than trying to convince the 'best' trade targets to come to them.
A goal kicking midfielder is the exact need they have. I think every club in AFL would be after Warner if they had a chance too

i think fremantle have more pressing list needs than what warner brings.

he would be a good acquisition, but it feels like fremantle have become too obsessed with targetting wa talent they think will return home rather than trying to convince the 'best' trade targets to come to them.
Because we’re not an east coast club that has the likes of Daniher,Dunkley Neale, doedee , McCarthy ah Chee, Cameron (note a few wa boys in there)all requesting trades to us like they do for the likes of Brisbane .

Who can then play off in 2 GFs whilst simultaneously getting those years No 1 picks and another 2 first rounders on top….

returning wa players are all we can choose from, so if there A graders you just get them in .

The ignorance of the established northern clubs and Victorian clubs supporters never cease to amaze me

Because we’re not an east coast club that has the likes of Daniher,Dunkley Neale, doedee , McCarthy ah Chee, Cameron (note a few wa boys in there)all requesting trades to us like they do for the likes of Brisbane .

Who can then play off in 2 GFs whilst simultaneously getting those years No 1 picks and another 2 first rounders on top….

returning wa players are all we can choose from, so if there A graders you just get them in .

The ignorance of the established northern clubs and Victorian clubs supporters never cease to amaze me
pretty convenient when you ignore the part where brisbane was completely awful when neale, cameron, and mccarthy wanted to come to the club.

those players had no reason to come here - we made the sales pitch and convinced them to come to brisbane (sometimes even under contract). fremantle should broaden their view and do the same.

as for getting the father son picks, i dont see the relevance to anything i posted. just seems like a random whinge.

Genuine question here. Do Sydney mids kick more goals cause the SCG is tiny? 🤣
They play a very fast running playstyle. They cant do the contested stuff very well as we saw on teh weekend when Brisbane basically just outmuscled them. Its very intentional, not just at the SCG.

They also dont have much of a forward line so if they mids dont kick goals theyre kinda screwed lol

You believe what ben cousins told Adrian Barich?

Next thing you will believe what Colin Young says

pretty convenient when you ignore the part where brisbane was completely awful when neale, cameron, and mccarthy wanted to come to the club.

those players had no reason to come here - we made the sales pitch and convinced them to come to brisbane (sometimes even under contract). fremantle should broaden their view and do the same.

as for getting the father son picks, i dont see the relevance to anything i posted. just seems like a random whinge.
A lot of Australians want to live in Queensland for weather and being on the East Coast.
Have a nice little house near the beach on the sunny coast.

Rarely you hear non-west australians, AFL or otherwise, wanting to move west unless it involves a high paying job.

Net inter-state migration at about 30k for QLD now.
1727701576451.png

Last edited:
A goal kicking midfielder is the exact need they have. I think every club in AFL would be after Warner if they had a chance too
A year or even 6 months ago I would've agreed. But Young was an offensive superstar in the 2nd half of the season whose only weakness was he doesn't have AFL midfield-levels fitness yet, so would tail off in 2nd halves of games. Brayshaw was let off the chain a bit more and was great offensively, though inaccurate. And Serong added goalscoring in the back end of the season too. And big picture, it's hard to make the argument that a position where we had 3 AA squad members is what we need to invest heavily in.

Now the biggest weaknesses in midfield imo are that we're asking old Nat Fyfe to be the defensive midfielder (he tried valiantly to be that, but back end of the year especially tailed off), and we're not Serong tag-proof. Teams know he's the head of the snake: if you stop him winning it at the coalface, even if he goes fwd and scores goals and Brayshaw steps up, you've won half the battle. Chad doesn't fix either issue really.

All that being said, unless we can get Bolton AND Kozzie, Chad is still good enough for us to throw everything at because when a player of that quality wants to come you pick up the phone, get it done and figure it out later. If you can get them 2 though...surely impossible to fit all 3 in, and them 2 fix more glaring weaknesses imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back