Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

It will all come out in the end dude. Just seems very odd after saying he wanted to stay at Port, when his name was originally linked in the media, he is now touring other clubs.

It’s funny that when chad was apparently touring clubs that he was back in Adelaide.

Sorry, touring clubs was incorrect. My understanding is his manager has met with clubs.

So are you saying he isn't on offer?

I'm not saying anything other than your comment about him touring other clubs was incorrect.... and sets a false impression.

His manager talking to clubs isn't a secret, the club was open to this happening.\, he now knows his market value and Port and his manager can map out the next stage.

Where in my post do I say that?

You are making 2+2=19.

So what exactly was the point of your post?

Has Wingards's manager met clubs to discuss Wingard? Yes.

Has his manager met clubs to discuss other clients? Yes.

Why is the latter even relevant to my previous post? ie. that Wingard is available and his manager has held talks with other clubs.

Why is the latter even relevant to my previous post? ie. that Wingard is available and his manager has held talks with other clubs.

Because you keep assuming everything.

Because you keep assuming everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pointless having a conversation with you mate. You play the man and you seemingly like to think your brashness gives you credibility. It looks sad dude.

I stand by my points. And I stand by you are a very sad, sad person. Good luck with that mate.
Boy, you are one massive sook. I ask you to back up all the empty claims you've made and all you can do is whinge about what a big meany I am. If you're going to talk shit, I suggest you start getting used to being called out.

Boy, you are one massive sook. I ask you to back up all the empty claims you've made and all you can do is whinge about what a big meany I am. If you're going to talk shit, I suggest you start getting used to being called out.

So let's look at this in another way hey.

What 'conclusive' evidence do you have that he hasn't been told to explore his options by Port? This being the reverse of my opinion.

Now, Big Footy would be a lonely place if we all needed to have inside sources to have a view.

My view is Port have shopped him. Your's is this is not the case?

If so, my question is what has happened between Wingard posting on twitter he has no intention on leaving, to the almost industry accepted position his management has met with Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs. Is your view he changed his mind?

Once we have your 'claims' clear, perhaps you can discuss why they are not baseless and worthy of being called out.

And, it might be tough work my man, but try and get a little analytical with your response and reasoning.

Wingard worth 2 first rounders? That is absolutely crazy. Last time he was an All-Australian, Hird was a coach and Tony Abbott was still the Prime Minister.

He is a very good player and worth around pick 10, but boy- he is being overvalued. Feel a bit sorry for him, as I think he could have been the best player in the AFL and won a Brownlow, but his talent was messed up by his coach who is a complete imbecile.
Only by Port fans. Everyone else know what he’s worth, Port are shopping him and they’ll get what the buying market says.

Stephen Coniglio has made the All-Australian team a total of 0 times despite being the same age. Hell, before this year, Whitfield had 0 All-Australians. I guess they're both worth a measly pick 10?

Just because Wingard hasn't been at his absolute best for the last 3 years doesn't mean he hasn't been a very good player, nor does it undo the fact that he's capable of reaching his 2015 heights.

Jaeger O'Meara played 0 games for two years thanks to a bad knee, had no contract and Hawthorn not only had to pay pick 10, but a second round pick on top of that to satisfy the Gold Coast. Why was he so expensive? It's because Hawthorn valued him on what he was CAPABLE of. The exact same principle will apply to Wingard, ESPECIALLY with a contract.
3 years is a long time for not being at your best. He ain’t worth 2 first rounders. Fair play to a club that wants to pay it.

Shit post dude. Why bother going on BF if you are going to revert to this ?

It is clear Port have told him to explore his options, how could you say otherwise?

It is also clear through his social media that Wingard originally stated he had no plans to leave Port. Yet, now he is meeting with Vic clubs.

Based on this, it is also reasonable to conclude, whilst not impossible, there would be a significant strain on the relationship between player and club if he stays.

Further, lets not forget he is a restricted free agent next year and Port might be nervous he requests to leave. Especially when a year prior they put him in the shop window.

Port have weakened their trading position because they shopped him. He didn't ask to leave.
Pretty much this.

Gee why are you so touchy? Moonshift makes valid points and I can tell you, there is no strained relationship between Chad and Port.
A quick look at the Port trading thread would suggest there is obviously a strained relationship as has been suggested by a number of your own insiders. This has been handled nearly as poorly as my own clubs handling of Stringer. You want rid of him for whatever reason and every club knows it.

2 firsts... bahahahahaha

He runs around like an entitled campaigner who’s best was at a minimum 2 years ago.

He is playing for a crap club that rolled the dice on imports & failed & now they are in a bind & looking for outs.
Posturing for two firsts is the mandatory line to negotiate down from & the value will be whatever is offered.

Whoever or if he chooses to leave I’m sure that if the nominated club is close then there will be an amicable trade, thanks, handshakes & off into the sunset.

Chad would be very welcome at the hawks IMO & of the 3 clubs discussed I don’t even see it as a competition unless there are very large $$$ thrown around; seems to be the norm to improve a poor list & club list management.
Wining the trade season is priority for such teams desperate to improve.

I hope he lands at the Hawks.

Come on down Chad, but not for 2 first rounders or a million bucks a year.... come & play for a master coach that has wanted you at the club for a number of years.
Where the coach & club will get the best out of you & encourage the best out of yourself.
Where premierships are expected & not dreamt of.

Where David Koch isn’t.
Where shit coaches are not welcome, let alone a head coach.
... where you will have genuine success & not be a fairytale flash in the pan.

I never get this about big footy, our coach has come out and said we want two firsts and some guy on big footy thinks he gets to demand the price. He is worth what Port wants him too be like Gibbs and Weller last year.
Your coach also said it was up to list manager to do the deal and decide his worth, pretty much distancing himself from it. Something Port fans keep leaving out.
2 first rounders might be your opening gambit but when has any deal settled at the opening price?
They were both chased by clubs, Port are pushing Wingard out. Different situations..

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back