Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs: IN Wingard, Pick 42, Pick 57. OUT: Pick 6, Pick 20 (dahl compo)

Port: IN Pick 4 OUT: Wingard, Pick 42

Saints: IN: Pick 6, Hannerbury OUT: Pick 4, Pick 57

Sydney: IN: Pick 20 OUT: Hannerbury
Hypothetical trade ideas are the absolute pits.

You're not getting an end of round 1 pick mate. You'll get the same as West Coast got for Selwood which, based on his wage, is around the same we've offered Dahlhaus.
Nothing like a good old non-argument to diminish your credibility. :)

Dahlhaus compo won't be pick 20. Our offer is under 2 mil for 4 years which isn't enough for band 1 compo.

Both contracts have been reported as being "more than $2million over 4 years". Motlop was apparently on the edge, so it could go either way obvious. With our finish it doesn't change much though.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ex...l/news-story/5228f9820e74213fb9206fd4073f2fa8

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st...t/news-story/aefbc2d2658173c5c056249ba714d231

Picks 6 and 20 are a lot to give up for Wingard. No doubt it would please Port but if I’m the dogs i don’t do this deal.

Well not really. Port don’t seem to be getting 20. It seems st Kilda the winners in this exchange.

6 and 20 would be close . You want : you pay .
You don't want to pay he stays . Simple .
The only reason Port have been testing the water is because the bloke has been under achieving of late .
Blokes got the talent to be a top 20 across the league easily . Comparing to the Gibbs / Omeara trades is somewhere around the mark .
You can't expect a bargain

The only reason Port have been testing the water is because the bloke has been under achieving of late .
Blokes got the talent to be a top 20 across the league easily . Comparing to the Gibbs / Omeara trades is somewhere around the mark .
At the same time you can’t expect full market value for a guy that has stalled. I think pick 6 and steak knives would be enough to get it done.

Easy fixed he stays .
And Omeara hadn't stalled ?
For totally different reasons.
I’d suggest Omeara is the kind of person that is a an A+ clubman and a natural leader where is Chads career has stalled due to, well, Chad.
Omearas problems are/ we’re physical.
Wingard seems to be being pushed out of the club, something tells me he may not be the best locker room presence.

Ye
For totally different reasons.
I’d suggest Omeara is the kind of person that is a an A+ clubman and a natural leader where is Chads career has stalled due to, well, Chad.
Omearas problems are/ we’re physical.
Wingard seems to be being pushed out of the club, something tells me he may not be the best locker room presence.
Possibly but it's just speculation I wouldn't say he's being pushed out . Plus Chads got runs on the board . Guess you don't need reminding but 2x All Australian / best and fairest / leading goal kicker .
He's had pre seasons niggles the past few seasons as well so his preps haven't been the best .
Plus as far as the Hawks go Port will have it in the back of their collective minds where the picks they got for Shaun Burgoyne flopped while he's still performing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye

Possibly but it's just speculation I wouldn't say he's being pushed out . Plus Chads got runs on the board . Guess you don't need reminding but 2x All Australian / best and fairest / leading goal kicker .
He's had pre seasons niggles the past few seasons as well so his preps haven't been the best .
Plus as far as the Hawks go Port will have it in the back of their collective minds where the picks they got for Shaun Burgoyne flopped while he's still performing
The more I think about it the more I feel he isn’t going anywhere. The dogs might be tempted enough to bite and cough up what Port wants but I feel like Port might just settle with compensation next year if Chad decides to leave.

If the crows offered picks 7 & 19 for him based on your comments above, would port consider it in your opinion. I think wingard is a player that if he can find his best form, he will be a super player again and would be great in the crows forward line and rotating through midfield

The more I think about it the more I feel he isn’t going anywhere. The dogs might be tempted enough to bite and cough up what Port wants but I feel like Port might just settle with compensation next year if Chad decides to leave.

He’s not being pushed out the door, but he’s no longer untrade-able, and is most likely to stay put.

If a club wants to make us take notice we will. With him coming up to fa, rightly or wrongly the club sees value in testing his worth now, and either lock him away or if he/club get a gear offer they think about it.

To me the disadvantage is it actively encourages clubs to talk to him. The worst case is a club hits him up and convinced him to move - but only next year when he’s a fa. In the likely event no trade occurs this off season, port must get him under contract ASAP.

Ye

I would kill to have Wingard at the Hawks. I would happily trade 2 first round picks if I was the Hawks list manager.

HF: Wingard, Gunston, Breust

What could’ve been... :(

Do you not understand how compensation works? If it were band 1, it would be pick 8. 500k a year for 4 years is easily band 2.

Still a better deal than what you paid for O'Meara.
O’Meara is a gun! Had an awesome season particularly the second half of the year so not sure why you and your like keep bringing that up as if hawthorn made a mistake. Btw, who are pick 10&26??

Will be at either Port or the Dogs next season. Hawks will be getting Shiel. They don’t have currency to get both. Shiel is their preference.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawks don’t chase targets then work out if they can actually get them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back