Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t see the irony in the fact they were club champions and hall of famers the lot of em?

Oh I'm well aware of that (besides it being totally irrelevant to the point I was proving), but please don't for a second even try to suggest Wingard can comfortably hold a candle to the majority of those players.

He's not just a bloody good player even when supposedly paying poorly, he's proven to be physically durable.

This is no "maybe if he can focus can be AA"... he has. Or "if only he could get fit and play some games"... apart from an occasional hammy strain he's been almost bullet proof.

It doesn't come much more surefire, plug and play for what he provides. The only problem is deciding if midfield or forward is best at any one moment.

Really hope he stays.

Not to mention the majority of his list were already senior players when recruited to expansion sides, hardly a valid comparison to Wingard

Wow, what exactly is your definition of a "majority"???

Hart
Smart
Wanganeen
Matera
Cousins
Selwood
Pavlich

Seven of the eight (ie. the majority) I mentioned were not in any way shape or form "senior" players when they were recruited o_O

This one is really odd, personally am not clear on whether the club is looking to move The Chad on or he instigated this.
If the hawks are genuinely prepared to part with Burton (am not sure they are) as part of any deal, he is a really talented kid with upside and is no shittruck. Had an injury hampered season and some second year blues, but he is really impressive and has a lot of potential.

Deja vu back to the time hawks fans were telling us burgs was a nobody

Not me I really rated Burgoyne and I really rate Wingard, I think Chad will find his AA form with our brand of footy under Clarkson. I really don't rate Hinkley, no idea how he still has a job after making the 8 once since 2014 and that was a 1st week exit.

If Hawthorn can somehow turn that pick 15 into a top 10 pick and then trade that top 10 pick + 2019 first round pick that might be good enough to get this trade done.

Our pick 15 plus their current pick 10, is enough to secure them the pick & player they are after.

Add in Burton to the mix & that's sufficient for the deal to happen....Wiser footy-heads will prevail on this one.

There will be plenty of
Talk in this thread about who wants what and what will be given with two firsts like gov was worth a first and steak knives

It will be worth around that , 2 firsts, and the deal will get done

But both camps will want some sort of win even if it's only a slight one like Adelaide did with Gov

Let the chat keep going and let's see who gets that slight win

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly I think the Chad is a massive ******* sook. That's why won't of this is happening.

If a trade doesn't get worked out the his relationship with the coach only failures due to his massive sookiness.
English bruh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do the points have to do with it unless there is an academy player involved?

Which pick do you think they could get with 10 and 15?

Ah, the troubles of a spoon-fed generation.

Pick Points
4.….2,034
7….1,644

Never said I was touchy about Port?? Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I was clearly offering a neutral perspective on the situation, and all you got from that was "Gee, he must really hate Port!" That inferiority complex shining through once again :rolleyes:

Don't pretend to assume you know what I felt in regards to the McGovern trade. If you'd actually read my posts in the DT&FA/McGovern thread you'd see I made an entirely objective prediction, which was spot on in the end. Many supporters still believe it's unders, many believe it's overs. We got exactly what I believed we'd get. You seem a little obsessed with the McGovern trade judging by the number of times you've commented about it lately in other threads... I could go as far as saying, "Wow, you really are touchy about the Crows getting 13 and an unproven state league player they wanted for McGovern aren't you?"

You're right, Clarko is astute, he's as good as anyone in the business. He can clearly see Wingard is rotting away under Hinkley, as I've previously alluded to. Not sure what point you're trying to make here? You and I both know 'The Chad' will never fulfil his promise playing Ken's brand of footy - the one that got you within one kick of a GF four years ago and Ken decided needed a complete overhaul :drunk:

Or do you disagree with that too?
Tell us.

What is Ken's brand of footy in 2019?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He's now played over 200 games in the Brown & Gold, 20 Finals & 3 Premierships....He also sits second on the all-time finals games played list; Only behind Michael Tuck.

"The Chad' could do with a similar overhaul to his career, that's seemingly stalled & going nowhere....Prepare for a major rejuvenation young Chaddles.
Burgoyne won a flag with Port Adelaide as well (dont know if that was reported in Melbourne) and had his best career season with PA as well... you simply bought a player who continued their career with you.

Feel free to walk away from the deal if the price is too high.

Is that Smart's fault what age he was taken at??

To be fair, Smart didn't have anywhere near the technological concessions, full-time coaching and mentoring, nor the fitness advantages Chad had to begin his career. Nigel and every other player on the Crows list were training out of a tin ******* shed in those early years, but you probably conveniently choose to forget that.

McGuiness I named because I was trying to compare only within the AFL era, I could've named at least a dozen more if we were talking AA's pre-'91, SANFL counts for nought.

I'll give you that he played for Footscray pre-91, but that was before being drafted into a national competition, where the best play against the best, not just the VFL, which also counts for nought in terms of what you were trying to argue.

Heck, I could go and mention the senior footy Chad played at Murray Bridge as a 16 yr old if we really wanted to go there.

You doubted anyone could name five, I named eight just off the top of my head. Taking McGuinness away still leaves seven. Clearly more than the "handful" you suggested would be near impossible to try to name..

Biased? I take as much interest in Port's list and every other list as Adelaide's. If you knew me, or asked anyone who knows me, they'd be able to verify this without even giving it a second thought.

If you're going to bring up Champion Data, they rated St Kilda's Jack Sinclair on the wing in their 'Team of the Year' last year, would you have him above Wingard? They rate Jarryd Lyons almost 30 places above Chad Wingard on their Player Ratings, and he went for a measly 3rd rounder only two years ago.. because, you guessed it, the club were actively shopping him around. Sound familiar?

Tom Mitchell only ranks 15th on those same rankings, and yet he just won a Brownlow. Shannon Hurn ranks below Wingard and is somehow projecting downwards in the points scale, despite just having a career year and captaining his side to a Premiership.

Travis Boak ranks 80th and somehow projecting upwards, despite looking like he's dragging a horse and cart behind him every time he steps onto the field...

2017 and 2018 Chad rates elite and above average in multiple categories, yet couldn't finish inside the top 5 in the B&F in a side who were also rans in last year's finals, and a no-show this year.

Yes, his own drive and desire has dropped off, yet here you are, and all your mates, expecting said "superstar" who's drive and desire as you put it "has dropped off" to nab you two first rounders at a minimum. What club in their right mind, in an elite sporting environment, would sell away their future for a bloke who's own supporters can even clearly see no longer possesses the drive or desire to perform to the best of his ability?

Maybe he's lost that desire playing under Hinkley? It was your club's decision to sign Ken on a long term deal, and ever since most of your senior players have regressed, I think even you can admit that. Which is why I ask the question, what are they doing down there?

Do you just flog off your "best player" 25 and under because you know your coach is dead average? Or do you actually address the real problem, where it all stems from, and sack the bloody coach?!

From the outside, and forgive me if I've got this all wrong, but there seems to be a pattern at your club in recent years of signing blokes on to long term deals and pay increases no less, only to have them significantly drop their output/performance.

At least we agree on Cripps and Davies, and exactly - that was the point I was trying to make re his moves and the side deal he was surely banking on to complete those moves.

If he stays, under Hinkley for yet another year, with the lack of drive and desire you pointed out, do you honestly believe he'll suddenly get back to his lofty heights of 2013 and 2015?

You seem fired up about this :think:

Exactly, if he walks next year you get a compo pick of 10-15, in a weaker draft. So why not take 15 in this year's draft where it's worth a top 5-10 in any other draft? Or enables you to package your picks together, yet again this trade period, to move up the order.

And you're right, the Burton bullshit is just that. No way Hawks do that to one of their best young players. Hawthorn are as professionally ran and culturally sound as any club in the land.

And yet those campaigners helped their club win flag after flag after flag :think:

Brad Crouch hadn't done a full pre-season in over three years, has done less than a total of two over the entirety of his career and was BOG for us in the Grand Final last year, the last game of a gruelling season in which we played fast-paced frenetic attacking footy all year... Yet Hinkley parks the bus all year and Chad can't even sustain playing in the guts for 11 rounds off the back of some "hammy issues" earlier in the season (which caused him to miss a total of ONE week prior to the first Showdown, then miraculously came out firing in it), and a limited pre-season? Forgive me if I call bullshit :rolleyes:

"Hey Hawks, we'll sell you a superstar for a minimum of two 1sts, but the caveat is if he gets even the slightest niggle in pre-season, or he tweaks his hammy you can basically rule out playing him in the guts for the rest of the season! He'll be really good for 7 or 8 weeks in there though!"

And as you and I have obviously both agreed on, his waning drive and desire means he hasn't switched on for a number of years, so clearly it's unlikely he's going to, even if he is at the age he should've already started entering his prime at.

I'm not fired up at all. I'm just calling it how it is. The social media hysterics and Koch's actions throughout have been nothing short of a blight on your football club. Quite frankly, I don't even know how or why you would choose to defend them.

So you disagree you've gutted your core? 379 games effectively pushed out the door from three players aged between 25-27 once Chad leaves. Two of your best runners gone, and no one near ready to fill those roles... One gander over at your board suggests I'm not far off the mark about how your supporters feel, so please tell me what part of the above is bullshit? o_O

Yeah you've backed the wrong horse alright.. so let me say this to you, being that you're a die-hard Port Adelaide person, what did the great Fos Williams say many years ago about weeding the crap out of the club, at every level of the club? Please, recite it for me and everyone else. I spent many a year at the club growing up, so the words are ingrained in me. But for all our listeners, please share.

And is the club now living by those standards he so gracefully set? Can you say with all honesty Fos would be pleased with what's going on at Alberton?
Fos probably would have moved on Wingard earlier.

Or belted him into line.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Feel free to walk away from the deal if the price is too high.

No worries at all...We'll simply pick him up for a freebie in 2019 & you'll have missed your target in Rankine....No skin off our noses.

We'll also keep a hold of Burton & our first round pick for this years super-draft.

107th for Champion data player rankings overall
Seriously how does this add anything to the conversation?
Or are you trying to help PA's argument by suggesting that Wingard is rated above Buddy Franklin, Josh Kelly and Jordan de Goey? Hell, 2 firsts are unders based on that evidence. :thumbsu:

Why the heck should port contribute pick 10 to the deal to get hawthorn the pick they should be paying for Wingard

I would like to buy your house. Here is half the price. If you put in the other half you’ll have the total.

Please give me your house now.

Bizarre

Pick 15 gets you the pick you require to land Rankine....You also get a great kid in Burton.

You're the mob that needs pick 4, not us.

No worries at all...We'll simply pick him up for a freebie in 2019 & you'll have missed your target in Rankine....No skin off our noses.

We'll also keep a hold of Burton & our first round pick for this years super-draft.

You’ve had this explained to you.

You weren’t his first choice this time, you probably won’t be next year

He is a rfa. Getting him for free isn’t a given.

If you miss out on a huge trade target because you couldn’t complete a trade for him when your whole motus operandi is building a team through trading excellent players in that is skin off your nose

That will reflect on hawthorn in the future when players think about where they want to be traded

I know you will try to deny this but it is fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back