Changes against the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

I realised later than this week is Vince's 200th game, and it's against Adelaide ... so I'm not going to get my wish, tho he might pull his finger out this week.

He'd have to do a lot to get dropped anyway, as a membership of the leadership group I can't see Goody dropping him in the first half of the year.

I said preseason that I'd be surprised if he got another deal, its at the stage now that I'd be furious. I love what Bernie has given us but since the second half of last year his form has gone to shit.

He'd have to do a lot to get dropped anyway, as a membership of the leadership group I can't see Goody dropping him in the first half of the year.

I said preseason that I'd be surprised if he got another deal, its at the stage now that I'd be furious. I love what Bernie has given us but since the second half of last year his form has gone to shit.

He could really look at someone like James Kelly (who at his best was on another level to Bernie) But the last 2-3 years and more so at Essendon Kelly moved to a back pocket and really played within his limits since he lost his speed. There is no fancy left foot one step kicks around the corner or 55m switches to the center of the ground.

If we are going to have a slow small forward, solely there for pressure, then let's make it Trengove rather than JKH. At least he's good overhead and can read the play, rather than just acting as a step-ladder.

Hannan out for Kent is a no-brainer.

Stretch has to come in and shouldn't have been out in the first place - According to Plapp, "Billy Stretch was clean on the outside in his first game at VFL level this season. He had 25 disposals, showing his usual class and composure with ball in hand." I'd bring him in for Bugg given there's no way known that Vince will be dropped.

OUT: JKH, Hannan, Bugg
IN: Trengove, Kent, Stretch

Surely we tag Sloane this weekend? Either Bugg to niggle him all day (which is what he's born for) or give Bernie an opportunity to wind back the clock in his 200th and work him over like he did Dangerfield at Adelaide Oval a few years back...

Nullifying Sloane is absolutely vital to stopping the Crows. I'd be disappointed if we didn't even try.

Out: JKH, Hannan, OMac
In: Kent, Kennedy, Stretch

Dropping Omac but I can't really recall how many talls Adelaide has. Would he have a matchup or can we go without him?

I realised later than this week is Vince's 200th game, and it's against Adelaide ... so I'm not going to get my wish, tho he might pull his finger out this week.
Play him in the midfield surely, give him a job on Sloane.

Would have loved to see him get to 100 games for us but sadly that definitely won't be happening unless he drastically turns his form around. Been a great servant but geez he's expiring quickly

Surely we tag Sloane this weekend? Either Bugg to niggle him all day (which is what he's born for) or give Bernie an opportunity to wind back the clock in his 200th and work him over like he did Dangerfield at Adelaide Oval a few years back...

I really don't know why the coaching staff don't go through with this. Buggs only role he can play at AFL level is that of a tagger but we refuse to use him in it and he looks crap as a result due to his limitations in other areas.

The club should and hopefully will contest that. I'd be aiming for 2-3 weeks.

Is it just me who thought Wagner was fine? He went at 80 by foot and I thought was pretty involved.
Too slow for a bloke with no obvious other strengths. Had no chance defending in space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JKH --> Kent
Hannan --> Stretch

As a result I would play Petracca more as a permanent forward, as in the Dons game. JKH out for Kent is a no-brainer - Jay just offers 2/5 of FA unfortunately. The best I can say about him at this stage is that he's a neat player.

JKH --> Kent
Hannan --> Stretch

As a result I would play Petracca more as a permanent forward, as in the Dons game. JKH out for Kent is a no-brainer - Jay just offers 2/5 of FA unfortunately. The best I can say about him at this stage is that he's a neat player.

For clarity ..... you are saying Kent is less effective than JKH and Stretch is less effective than Hannan?

I really don't know why the coaching staff don't go through with this. Buggs only role he can play at AFL level is that of a tagger but we refuse to use him in it and he looks crap as a result due to his limitations in other areas.
Completely agree. With the continued emergence of Oliver, Hunt and the inclusion of Hibberd & Lewis, as well as our other mids/forwards steadily improving I'm afraid Bugg has been left behind and his limitations have been exposed even more.

Commit me to an asylum if so.

Ahhhh yeah I thought you using the old more than less than symbols (<>) and had completely ballsed it up

Makes sense now and I agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes against the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back