Strategy Changes and Pre-match discussion (Freo 15/7, MCG 1.45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s correct, one must not confuse their blood money with their oil money.

giphy.gif

They just use their oil money to create blood money by killing people who challenge them :moustache:

Allegedly

It's a bad call Jmac, a short term call, a lacking vision call. I expect better from you.

Capture.PNG
It was meant to be a short term call. A stop gap whilst we wait for Checkers to return.

Frampton is no good as a forward.
Cox was ineffective last week.

Moving Howe forward would only be a one week proposition.

Disagree by all means, but really, is it worth posting a picture of Caro over???

Tiresome. Once it is assessed as a classifiable offence, the conduct can only be assessed as “careless or intentional”.

This is inarguable. Read the guideline? It’s written that way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes. I understand that. But first it has to be assessed as a classifiable offence. There is a reference in the guidelines to "reasonable". I'm suggesting that part within the guidelines is an assessment of the conduct. It's categorising the conduct as neither careless nor intentional and thus it doesn't become classifiable if it's deemed reasonable - even if it meets the other parts of the matrix.

Right won't happen

But I wanna see

In steene and sidebottom

Out whe bianco
Steene is zero chance while Cox, Cameron and Frampton are fit to play.
Steene looks a superstar in the making though.
Doubting he will get a game this year. Next year perhaps a few.
He is long-term

Yes. I understand that. But first it has to be assessed as a classifiable offence. There is a reference in the guidelines to "reasonable". I'm suggesting that part within the guidelines is an assessment of the conduct. It's categorising the conduct as neither careless nor intentional and thus it doesn't become classifiable if it's deemed reasonable - even if it meets the other parts of the matrix.

I covered that earlier. Bye

I'm all for the move. But in this transition phase, players have already started to go limp to increase the sling and draw a dangerous tackle free. There's about 15 a game which run the risk in terms of the tacklers action and it's just luck about how the bloke being tackled responds. Like Kirby referenced I'm hoping they ease up going into finals like they usually do and then bring it back next season with a full preseason to prepare blokes to tackle differently
Totally agree. The thought of this blowing up in GF week is scary and you just know if it’s happening it’ll be a Collingwood player. That all said under the current interpretation he’s in big trouble…

My take. Players need to start adopting the hip drop if they want to take a guy to ground. Until that’s outlawed of course!

Totally agree. The thought of this blowing up in GF week is scary and you just know if it’s happening it’ll be a Collingwood player. That all said under the current interpretation he’s in big trouble…

My take. Players need to start adopting the hip drop if they want to take a guy to ground. Until that’s outlawed of course!
Back in the dark ages when I did a bit of player development, we used to teach them to wrap their arms around the hips and dropping your knees to the ground. It's a bit harder these days with the speed of the game but still a great tackle

I covered that earlier. Bye

If the action is deemed reasonable rather than careless or intentional, the report doesn't stick. Whether the technical aspect is not reportable or not classifiable is irrelevant. You can still argue that it was reasonable and not careless and thus get off. Actually not completely irrelevant, the player doesn't get fined.

If the action is deemed reasonable rather than careless or intentional, the report doesn't stick. Whether the technical aspect is not reportable or not classifiable is irrelevant. You can still argue that it was reasonable and not careless and thus get off. Actually not completely irrelevant, the player doesn't get fined.

Post 611.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the dark ages when I did a bit of player development, we used to teach them to wrap their arms around the hips and dropping your knees to the ground. It's a bit harder these days with the speed of the game but still a great tackle
Speed and agility make it an issue in head on open play because it leaves the arms free and you primarily tackling with the body. In close like Serong’s though it’s the way to go, IMO, and in a chase down capacity like we saw Butler get off his charge that type of technique helped because it makes the contact to the ground incidental.

Speed and agility make it an issue in head on open play because it leaves the arms free and you primarily tackling with the body. In close like Serong’s though it’s the way to go, IMO, and in a chase down capacity like we saw Butler get off his charge that type of technique helped because it makes the contact to the ground incidental.
I don't think we comprehend just how fast the players are moving in today's game and especially with a strong fitness base behind them, it makes the decision to tackle a split second decision. It must be really hard to try and pin the arm in that split second but some still manage to do it. Good luck to the team who really get's clarity from the umps and works on an appropriate technique over the summer because they take some sort of advantage into next year, I hope it's us

I don't think we comprehend just how fast the players are moving in today's game and especially with a strong fitness base behind them, it makes the decision to tackle a split second decision. It must be really hard to try and pin the arm in that split second but some still manage to do it. Good luck to the team who really get's clarity from the umps and works on an appropriate technique over the summer because they take some sort of advantage into next year, I hope it's us
I think the umpires have to reduce the amount of time they take to call a ball up once tackled. I've got this image of a future where blokes stand around awkwardly hugging each other for half the game.

I think the umpires have to reduce the amount of time they take to call a ball up once tackled. I've got this image of a future where blokes stand around awkwardly hugging each other for half the game.
This is the real solution. The problem with it is that there’s an underlying fear that if you start blowing the whistle almost instantaneously stoppages will go through the roof. Personally I think it’ll be harder to get numbers to the contest to create the congestion because instead of 5 seconds to get there or even more they’ve got 2 which is an extra 30+ metres they can’t cover.

This is the real solution. The problem with it is that there’s an underlying fear that if you start blowing the whistle almost instantaneously stoppages will go through the roof. Personally I think it’ll be harder to get numbers to the contest to create the congestion because instead of 5 seconds to get there or even more they’ve got 2 which is an extra 30+ metres they can’t cover.
The umps could also try throwing the ball up quicker not letting the pack form.

What about Buckley's theory about taking away prior opportunity. I've always thought that had merit but it would change the game drastically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back