Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs West Coast, Sunday 10 August 4:40 (Patersons)

Remove this Banner Ad

i hate my self for this, but ben kennedy would be the perfect sub for us. His speed at that oval in the finals quarter could seriously damage west coast.
IMO Kennedy needs to play the whole game. Attack from the start with a packed and quick midfield. Maybe Young as the sub? He could have the impact later in the game going long into the forwards if needed.

I am not worried about their tall fwds given we have frost keeffe tooves and sack. I am worried about our lack of inside mids so can only guess blair and bk will get more time in the middle to help pendles n beames. Very disappointed if bk is sub, I would pick any of dwyer, young n armstrong for sub before bk. Anyone know who is the travelling emerg? I assume thomas or langdon.

Nup, Caff on to Priddis is a much better match up. Play Beams off Gaff. They should be more worried about our midfield IMO.

I think Caff to Shuey and Beams head to head with Priddis as the 2 genuine inside mids. Sidebottom to take Gaff on and expose him the other way. I think Hutchings will try to tag Pendles. We win enough clearances and contested ball players like Gaff won't influence the outcome.

Kennedy will be played on the ball after his VFL form, he's a better all around player than Thomas and Ball was never going to travel with that bad back.

At least he better be because otherwise you are right and we are one short.

We'll see I'll personally go with Kennedy or Dwyer as the sub and Blair to get the increased inside minutes. I basically have no faith in the coaching staff to pull the right reign ATM.

Lol at everyone talking shit like Young hasn't played a good game this season.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but would love to see him play a blinder and watch half this board's population of keyboard experts go silent.
Won't happen. And I know nothing about keyboards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you think we are headed in the right direction re selections we bring Young back in.

Lets watch his "elite kicking" at it's best on Sunday arvo.
:rolleyes:

Good to see Ben Kennedy back in but everyone knows he'll be sub.

Who in their right mind ever said that Young had "elite kicking?" That's never been the case.

I would suggest the ones who said he was an "elite kick" had never seen him play before coming to Collingwood and just came to that conclusion themselves. I would further suggest that those people are the very same ones squealing about being sold a lemon right now.

And anyway, were you so sarcastic when Young cracked 100% DE for us this year? Armstrong cracks 100% in 1 game and everyone starts celebrating him as the Second Coming...

Pretty good selections.
Blair can play an inside mid role.

B - Goldsack Frost Toovey
HB - Williams Keeffe Lumumba
C - Sidebottom Beams Young
HF - Blair Cloke Fasolo
F - Elliott Reid White
R - Witts Macaffer Pendlebury
INT - Broomhead Kennedy Dwyer Armstrong
Strongest team we've had out there this season. Injuries are now not any sort of an excuse now.

Call me old fashioned but the two boys that played really well in 'reserves' got rewarded, good selection policy.

Martin was a little stiff not to get another opportunity, would have liked him play as the sub first game then a full game not the other way around.

I do not subscribe to the theory that Kennedy is unfit seems to be racking up possessions at Will against good opposition in the VFL. Would like to see him get a full game.

Young the sub for me.

I subscribe to the line of thought that sees Blair playing as an inside mid. He is more suited to this role than playing up forward. If Ball is not ready to play, Blair is a better prospect in the middle than Thomas at this point in time.

Young is a good in. He played well in the reserves and earned his spot back. His long kicking will help at Patersons stadium.

The boys flew out late this arvo (posting pics on social media) so they'd be in Perth by now.

Apparently no training sessions in Perth, at least public ones, maybe we are taking this trip seriously for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre-match discussion vs West Coast, Sunday 10 August 4:40 (Patersons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back