Changes for Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

beer will def play

Heard he was pulled out of the state game for WA after day 1.
Surely wouldnt pull him out of a game midway through if he wasnt going to play.

An the Waca these days is spinner friendly so u need to go in with a fulltime spinner

Of course he is good enough to bat top 6.

You don't score 4 tons as a 20 year old in one season of FC cricket if you can't bat.

As i have stated a number of times - Only Ponting and Martyn have done that in the past 20 years

Edit: and hughes

In the past 20 years, you are right.

In 1990, Darren Lehmann as a 20yo did not hit 4 tons in one season of FC cricket.
In 1989, Darren Lehmann as a 19yo DID hit 5 tons in one season of FC cricket.

It only took him 9 years to finally get into the Australian first XI!

Just caught onto this - Did anyone hear/see Mark Waugh going spare on Inside Cricket (Fox Sports) last Monday?
Inside Cricket said:
Brendon Julian: “So where do we go from here, boys? Junior, what do you reckon?”

Mark Waugh: “Mate, if I was a selector there are at least five, maybe six, of those blokes who’d be looking for something to do next week because they wouldn’t be playing cricket in Perth.”

Damien Fleming: “Such as?”

Waugh: “Mate, Doherty for a start. I mean jeez, we’ve picked a bloke because we don’t know who our spinner should be. Should we seriously pick a guy who has played 10 state-level tests in his life to go up againstPietersen, Cook and those guys?”

Julian: “Bit harsh.”

Waugh: “Bit harsh? He was chucking that many pies at Pietersen he may as well have opened a bakery on days two and three.”

Fleming: “North?”

Waugh: “Gone”

Julian: “Bollinger? Siddle?”

Waugh: “Gone”

Gladstone Small: “Can I interrupt for a minute?”

Waugh: “No”. :D

Julian: “Junior is on a bit of a roll here, Stone.”

Waugh: “No, I mean fair go, we’ve got it wrong here. If I’m the only bloke not happy that we’ve been rolled for an innings and 70-odd runs on a runway of a pitch and that, let’s be honest, we’re going to have a summer of the Poms handing us our arses in this series then fair go boys, something’s wrong here. What’s Clarke doing after getting out? He’s on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate, if he did that in our side there’d be hell to pay. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ, man.’’

Keen to hear what he has to say about the selected squad tonight :p

Just caught onto this - Did anyone hear/see Mark Waugh going spare on Inside Cricket (Fox Sports) last Monday?

Keen to hear what he has to say about the selected squad tonight :p

Mark Waugh is the new Neil Harvey. Things were always better in "his day". Not that I disagree with his criticisms on this occasion... but as the saying goes, even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

There's going to a wide range of criticism, sure, it's a bit harsh but I wouldn't so much mind that sought of harsh determination.

Beer is going to play according to Hilditch so one of the quicks will miss. You assume Harris will play and the fact that Johnson was rested from the Shield game means he'll play too (ouch). Leaves Hilfenhaus and Siddle for the 12th man duties. I prefer Hilfenhaus but the twats (selectors) have a man love for Siddle so one of our more accurate bowlers will probably miss for one that bowls right arm poo.

Pretty sure Siddle will be 12th man for this one. WACA will suit Hilf. Harris won't make 3 consecutive Tests without needing a rest so Siddle back for MCG.

So we seem to have established a formula, we play 2 right arm quicks, a left and a spinner. Who actually fills those roles in a given game is a lottery.

What do they do if Mitch bowls poorly at the WACA? Drop him for Dougeh who was embarassing in Adelaide? Or will some random lefty get a gig in Melbourne? Do we have any other left arm quicks who are fit?

Pretty sure Siddle will be 12th man for this one. WACA will suit Hilf. Harris won't make 3 consecutive Tests without needing a rest so Siddle back for MCG.

So we seem to have established a formula, we play 2 right arm quicks, a left and a spinner. Who actually fills those roles in a given game is a lottery.

What do they do if Mitch bowls poorly at the WACA? Drop him for Dougeh who was embarassing in Adelaide? Or will some random lefty get a gig in Melbourne? Do we have any other left arm quicks who are fit?

For what it's worth, Bollinger bowled very well against SA in the ODD game yesterday. Much, much quicker than he was at Adelaide.

“No, I mean fair go, we’ve got it wrong here. If I’m the only bloke not happy that we’ve been rolled for an innings and 70-odd runs on a runway of a pitch and that, let’s be honest, we’re going to have a summer of the Poms handing us our arses in this series then fair go boys, something’s wrong here. What’s Clarke doing after getting out? He’s on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate, if he did that in our side there’d be hell to pay. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ, man.’’

Love this.

Junior's stocks just went waaaay up...

curator prepping a green top reckons defo a result and prolly over in 4 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the bits I hear it seems Siddle will be 12th man in Perth then back for the Boxing Day Test (hope not).

Hilfenhaus will be the into the wind bowler I'd imagine.

Hopefully they look at blokes like Copeland soon.

From the bits I hear it seems Siddle will be 12th man in Perth then back for the Boxing Day Test (hope not).

Hilfenhaus will be the into the wind bowler I'd imagine.

Hopefully they look at blokes like Copeland soon.
Why would you not want Siddle back for Boxing Day? He loves the MCG and SCG

Definately be happy if he is rested for this game, its the 2nd flattest pitch in world cricket in recent years

Nice to see Nic Maddison score a few runs, too. Looks like the Blues have unearthed another gem. No idea how they keep doing it.[/quote]

It is really all about population. If you have twice the population then statistically you should produce twice the number of players of a given quality. In fact the additional competition at each level probably means that you surpass that number.

Given those numbers what are the odds of Tasmania producing 2 test cricketers at one time. Pretty slim and Doherty just proved it

Why would you not want Siddle back for Boxing Day? He loves the MCG and SCG

Definately be happy if he is rested for this game, its the 2nd flattest pitch in world cricket in recent years

Because he bowls garbage. You haven't seen that yet? He's the bowling version of North, one great spell every 5 Tests to keep his spot and suck the suckers in who think he is good.

What part of 1/517 or 6/551 did you miss, not to mention his consecutive 0/100's.

I'd prefer we try Trent Copeland.

It is really all about population. If you have twice the population then statistically you should produce twice the number of players of a given quality. In fact the additional competition at each level probably means that you surpass that number.

Given those numbers what are the odds of Tasmania producing 2 test cricketers at one time. Pretty slim and Doherty just proved it

I get your gist, but not quite correct.

Yes, the amount of good cricketers produced by NSW should far exceed an SA or Tasmania, but the amount of top class cricketers that should make an elite 11 doesn't exactly work that way. The playing field actually pans out a bit because you can only fit 11 in each state squad so the talent *should* come together at the top.

It's a bit like you look at national soccer/football teams, once you get to the elite level, the level of the national teams tend to follow participation rates, but not directly proportional as you would think. Participation rates give you depth, but not top shelf excellence which is a factor of a whole lot of things such as quality of equipment, quality of infrastructure, quality of coaching, your home ground weather conditions is surprisingly a pretty large factor.

Because he bowls garbage. You haven't seen that yet? He's the bowling version of North, one great spell every 5 Tests to keep his spot and suck the suckers in who think he is good.

What part of 1/517 or 6/551 did you miss, not to mention his consecutive 0/100's.

I'd prefer we try Trent Copeland.
Oh of course, its all Siddles fault, none of the fault lies with the rest of the attack, fact is Siddle has taken 6 wickets this series, Australia has taken just 6 wickets since yet its his fault? Why couldnt that superstar Ryan Harris turn things around? His spot is apparently in no doubt...

Oh and I havent seen anyone yet congratulate the selectors for being proven right by picking Siddle over Bollinger in Brisbane seeing as even another couple of weeks later, Doug still isnt fit

I also love how all these anti Siddle fans keep inventing this long line of superstar fit bowlers who are going to tear England apart...

Oh of course, its all Siddles fault, none of the fault lies with the rest of the attack, fact is Siddle has taken 6 wickets this series, Australia has taken just 6 wickets since yet its his fault? Why couldnt that superstar Ryan Harris turn things around? His spot is apparently in no doubt...

Oh and I havent seen anyone yet congratulate the selectors for being proven right by picking Siddle over Bollinger in Brisbane seeing as even another couple of weeks later, Doug still isnt fit

I also love how all these anti Siddle fans keep inventing this long line of superstar fit bowlers who are going to tear England apart...
You must be related to Peter Siddle as there's no way anyone who's knows anything about the game would be backing him.

Consecutive 0/100's and a pretty sh1t Test record overall he's a big part of why we can't bowl sides out. People aren't anti-Siddle for nothing. The figures don't lie.

Don't congratulate one-offs. Has to be a consistent results. One swallow doesn't make a summer. All it means is that we are proven right.

Also I was incorrect earlier. That was 5/620 on top of 1/517 previously. Last Test, Harris got 2 wickets and the only front-liner to bowl well, Bollinger got one, Watson got one, even Doherty got one. And guess what, Siddle got NONE!

You must be related to Peter Siddle as there's no way anyone who's knows anything about the game would be backing him.

Consecutive 0/100's and a pretty sh1t Test record overall he's a big part of why we can't bowl sides out. People aren't anti-Siddle for nothing. The figures don't lie.

Don't congratulate one-offs. Has to be a consistent results. One swallow doesn't make a summer. All it means is that we are proven right.

Also I was incorrect earlier. That was 5/620 on top of 1/517 previously. Last Test, Harris got 2 wickets and the only front-liner to bowl well, Bollinger got one, Watson got one, even Doherty got one. And guess what, Siddle got NONE!
Oh wow, 2 wickets, amazing stuff that, Harris is truly a gun bowler, still puts him a long way behind Siddle in the wickets taken list for the series...

But I am glad you live in a world where Australia has a long list of superstar quicks who will take 5 wickets every time they bowl, hard to imagine why they havent succeeded so far, but keep bagging the bloke with more wickets than the entire team...

I suppose you would rather that superstar Ben Hilfenhaus would you?

Oh wow, 2 wickets, amazing stuff that, Harris is truly a gun bowler, still puts him a long way behind Siddle in the wickets taken list for the series...

But I am glad you live in a world where Australia has a long list of superstar quicks who will take 5 wickets every time they bowl, hard to imagine why they havent succeeded so far, but keep bagging the bloke with more wickets than the entire team...

I suppose you would rather that superstar Ben Hilfenhaus would you?

:thumbsu: In a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back