Changes for Round 7 vs Carlton Teams in OP | White, Aish, Crocker In & Brown, Langdon, Sinclair Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a spot for you on our coaching panel mate...you'd fit in well with your random theories
I couldn't do worse than Harvey.
Ok, actually I could do worse.
Random theories you say? Uh, Malcolm blight springs to mind. I'd take that company. ;)
For what it's worth, I'm not smart enough to coach, I'm not expert enough.
Now back to my random thoughts.....
I so much want hawthorn to lose tonight.

Now back to my random thoughts.....
I so much want hawthorn to lose tonight.
Can't even get a tigers win when I tipped them.
Can't stand hawthorn.

Stevie was viewed as a disruptive influence at Geelong?? really? first I've ever heard that. What do you base that on?
In my view, you don't get rid of your best defender in his prime.. you consider trading out the good average depth players like MCcaffer, Blair, Toovey, Goldsack, Brown to try and accomplish your trades, either directly or through the picks they get you. Trading out elite players like we did makes no sense... and we gave up a sweetener along with Heater for Adams as well!
Yeah GWS would want guys like Blair...shakes head.

Also love your revisionism re Heater, he wasnt our best defender in 11-12-13, he wasnt finishing top10 in our BnF...Harry O'Brien was playing better footy for us then.

Harry has flopped at the Dees, so nobody cares...but Heater is playing his career hest football, so people re-write history and think he was playing this quality footy for us, he wasnt.

That's why we should have kept him and been able to "manage" his personality
Classic case of the student who is the class clown and pretty disruptive. Doesn't play up for one teacher because he's had him for a few years and they've struck up a friendship. The old teacher leaves and the kid is pretty pissed off. Enter the new teacher, different methods, different personality and this kid is not having any of it. It won't be the teacher who goes, we all know that. Even the best can't reach every student, especially one that is upset that the teacher who looked after him is gone.
Manage Shaw's personality? Yeah, perhaps he needed to manage his mouth too. Two way street.

Classic case of the student who is the class clown and pretty disruptive. Doesn't play up for one teacher because he's had him for a few years and they've struck up a friendship. The old teacher leaves and the kid is pretty pissed off. Enter the new teacher, different methods, different personality and this kid is not having any of it. It won't be the teacher who goes, we all know that. Even the best can't reach every student, especially one that is upset that the teacher who looked after him is gone.
Manage Shaw's personality? Yeah, perhaps he needed to manage his mouth too. Two way street.

My last de-railing of this thread but you're wrong.

The animals don't run the zoo.

M
Stevie was viewed as a disruptive influence at Geelong?? really? first I've ever heard that. What do you base that on?
In my view, you don't get rid of your best defender in his prime.. you consider trading out the good average depth players like MCcaffer, Blair, Toovey, Goldsack, Brown to try and accomplish your trades, either directly or through the picks they get you. Trading out elite players like we did makes no sense... and we gave up a sweetener along with Heater for Adams as well!
my mate played for Geelong (no names). Stevie J was not a disruptive influence....that bloke is talking crap! He was a hard working amazing footballer according to him...no fluke he was/is as good as he is!!

S V that smother alone elevates him to legendary status.

Show a little respect he bleeds black & white just like Bucks!
CFC, we put it on Bucks for mismanagement of Shaw but as I said in my last post, relationships are a two way street. If Shaw really bled black and white and the stories of his behaviour are true, Shaw bled black and white as long as MM was coach. Selective bleeding perhaps?

CFC, we put it on Bucks for mismanagement of Shaw but as I said in my last post, relationships are a two way street. If Shaw really bled black and white and the stories of his behaviour are true, Shaw bled black and white as long as MM was coach. Selective bleeding perhaps?

I don't think Shaw's behaviour got worse after MM left, just MM tolerated it while Buckley didn't.

Agreed but like I said "the animals don't run the zoo"

I have a theory about that trade I just hope it doesn't come to fruition.

No it says more about Shaw and his attitude to the group and club that the club would want to get rid of a good player.

Really? We got rid of a guy that's just won a B&F, AA guernsey and is a brilliant leader for a top 4 team yet it says something about his attitude? We need more of his "attitude" because he had a serious case of the Geoff Walsh's and there's none of them left at the club!

Even when I don't agree with them I understand so many of the reasons to stand up for the club based on past decisions made, but not that one. It was the wrong call. We stuffed up. We got a quality player in return for him, but that doesn't excuse it so let's move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah GWS would want guys like Blair...shakes head.

Also love your revisionism re Heater, he wasnt our best defender in 11-12-13, he wasnt finishing top10 in our BnF...Harry O'Brien was playing better footy for us then.

Harry has flopped at the Dees, so nobody cares...but Heater is playing his career hest football, so people re-write history and think he was playing this quality footy for us, he wasnt.
It doesn't have to be GWS.. we can trade with other clubs too you know. So you didn't answer my question. Where are you getting the opinion from that Stevie J was given the flick from Geelong for being a disruptive influence?

M

my mate played for Geelong (no names). Stevie J was not a disruptive influence....that bloke is talking crap! He was a hard working amazing footballer according to him...no fluke he was/is as good as he is!!
that is what I've always heard too

Didn't seem to happen when Bomber left Geelong or Roos handed over to Longmire. And it's not just Shaw your analogy applies to is it. Davis, Ceglar, Wellingham, Lumumba, Thomas, Beams, Dawes... all got disgruntled and were either shown the door or asked to leave.

Really? We got rid of a guy that's just won a B&F, AA guernsey and is a brilliant leader for a top 4 team yet it says something about his attitude? We need more of his "attitude" because he had a serious case of the Geoff Walsh's and there's none of them left at the club!

Even when I don't agree with them I understand so many of the reasons to stand up for the club based on past decisions made, but not that one. It was the wrong call. We stuffed up. We got a quality player in return for him, but that doesn't excuse it so let's move on.

He was none of that for us. When you have a player in public put himself before the coach and team you are left with no option. When you have a player say in an interview when asked will he change that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon, you are left with no option. When you have given him many chances including lying, betting, arguing with teammates, questioning the Captain, the coach, the club, you are left with no option.

That is one player I am okay with letting go- he gave us no other option. This has nothing to do with standing up for the club. Thankfully for Shaw it was the kick up the backside he needed to become the player/person he never was for us.

It doesn't have to be GWS.. we can trade with other clubs too you know. So you didn't answer my question. Where are you getting the opinion from that Stevie J was given the flick from Geelong for being a disruptive influence?
Disruptive influence is in reference to his on-field, just like Heath. Have no knowledge of how either impacted their teams on training track etc.

Both prone to give away silly free kicks, SJ would often look to ignore 'team rule' type stuff and do u-turns, not chase and be a selfish footballer at times.

SJ played better footy in 2015 than guys like Bartel and Mackie, yet the Cats were happy to offload Stevie but keep the veterans who tick all the team boxes.

Now Stevie looks like he has something to prove, has seemingly found a yard of pace and is playing great footy for the Giants.

Heath was not playing good football for us in 12-13. Leaving was good for him, his 2015 season was easily his best ever season of footy, and miles ahead of what he was dishing up in 12-13.

Talented senior players who were below their best being moved on has been happening long before Buckley came on board.

Disruptive influence is in reference to his on-field, just like Heath. Have no knowledge of how either impacted their teams on training track etc.

Both prone to give away silly free kicks, SJ would often look to ignore 'team rule' type stuff and do u-turns, not chase and be a selfish footballer at times.

SJ played better footy in 2015 than guys like Bartel and Mackie, yet the Cats were happy to offload Stevie but keep the veterans who tick all the team boxes.

Now Stevie looks like he has something to prove, has seemingly found a yard of pace and is playing great footy for the Giants.

Heath was not playing good football for us in 12-13. Leaving was good for him, his 2015 season was easily his best ever season of footy, and miles ahead of what he was dishing up in 12-13.

Talented senior players who were below their best being moved on has been happening long before Buckley came on board.
Thanks, Not sure that it's a correct assessment of why he got the flick but I can at least see you've got some reasoning behind it now.

Thanks, Not sure that it's a correct assessment of why he got the flick but I can at least see you've got some reasoning behind it now.
Players get the flick and move on all the time.
At Collingwood H.Shaw was a talented player who lacked discipline, would argue with team mates, and wasnt playing the kind of footy he did back in his early 20s.
People are re-writing history now that Heath is playing career best footy elsewhere...if Daisy has a big game tomorrow I would imagine more people will be vocal in saying we should never have lost Daisy too.

Didn't seem to happen when Bomber left Geelong or Roos handed over to Longmire. And it's not just Shaw your analogy applies to is it. Davis, Ceglar, Wellingham, Lumumba, Thomas, Beams, Dawes... all got disgruntled and were either shown the door or asked to leave.
Clubs are different beasts. Both Roos and Bomber left willingly, MM didn't.
Davis. Do you know the details of the negotiations?
Ceglar. Lasted a year under Buckley. Disgruntled, unwilling to buy in?
Wellingham. Walsh was happy to show him the door. Even clipped him on the way out.
Lumumba. Watch Major League 2. You'll get the idea.
Thomas. Really? Do we need to go there again?
Beams. See above.
Dawes. Good Ol concrete hands didn't see it coming but his one bone jarring tackle at Melbourne has justified what they paid for him.

BTW, being shown the door is the same as being asked to leave or have I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back