Preview Changes for the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, if English is out, there is certainly no need to rush him back, but if he's 100%, you can't leave him out just because.

Don't think he'll be anywhere near 100% for the rest of the season, the way he was talking about it in the interview after the Adelaide game sounded as tho he and Burgo were discussing with medical experts abroad if they could get through the year withouth doing more damage to his shoulder then have surgery come the end of the season.

Worried about this game because I don’t want this ride to end, if we lose to the dogs then it’s probably season over. The last few weeks have been good fun, feels like we actually resemble a football side again, really hoping we can continue playing well and continue giving our supporters some cheer during these sh*t times with covid and all that.
I know what you are saying and it's quite natural to be worried. The next two games are vital imo we really don't have too much room for error. Unfortunately those close losses to Geelong and Brisbane has put us in a tight situation and may hurt in the end. I don't think this is a mini elimination final but will certainly make it tight. Win the next two and I think we're just about in it will leave us only needing 2 wins from sydney, freo, gws and Essendon.

As for the game I'm never confident but I'm a lot more trusting of this teams system and it's ability to defend than earlier this year. If we defend well and block the corridor we should be able to win. Watching the bulldogs against Adelaide they did look like they leaked goals early which I think is a good sign.

Not that it matters but Gawn’s AA chances are cooked if he doesn’t play this week, if they aren’t already. Would be nice to have a player who retires with 4 or 5 selections, time for Trac and Oliver to get moving.

Not that it matters but Gawn’s AA chances are cooked if he doesn’t play this week, if they aren’t already. Would be nice to have a player who retires with 4 or 5 selections, time for Trac and Oliver to get moving.
Wouldn’t say they’re cooked. Gawn should be the AA ruck at the moment.

Nic Nat probably not far behind and catching up quickly.
Gawn averages slightly more hit outs and a better % to advantage.
Nic Nat has taken 4 marks for the entire season.
I can’t see Nic Nat above Max

Gawn averages slightly more hit outs and a better % to advantage.
Nic Nat has taken 4 marks for the entire season.
I can’t see Nic Nat above Max
Mediocre stats haven't stopped him getting a blazer in the past. The hype the past couple of weeks has been big on him and if he plays out the year in his current form he'll probably get in.

Also a case of others having poorer years: Gawn has missed a couple of games (and we've occasionally been rubbish), Grundy is down on form, Goldstein and O'Brien are ok but in shithouse sides.

Anyway, if Max is fit he should come in, but I would rather erring on the side of caution. Preuss was solid last week and should be better for the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially Joel Smith in, Tomlinson and Tmac to ruck?

Dogs just have Naughton and maybe Bruce back in, who May and Lever can take.

Maybe Mitch Brown in? They've been playing him down back and up forward in scratchies, maybe in preparation for this.

Potentially Joel Smith in, Tomlinson and Tmac to ruck?

Dogs just have Naughton and maybe Bruce back in, who May and Lever can take.

Maybe Mitch Brown in? They've been playing him down back and up forward in scratchies, maybe in preparation for this.

Would rather omac than joel smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back