Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

I was feeling nervous but relatively content this morning.

Hearing about this potential blow has really dampened my mood.

The way I'm feeling right now is similar to the way I was feeling prior to the 2010 Preliminary Final. We had some injury concerns going into that match too. Cooney missed and Morris was touch and go to get up for the game.
I think Higgins missed as well. We were belted by Collingwood in the QF so we were never a realistic chance in 2010. We are in it up to our eye balls this year so hopefully a different vibe.

Last edited:
I think Higgins missed as well. We were belted by Collingwood in the QF so we’re never a realistic chance in 2010. We are in it up to our eye balls this year so hopefully a different vibe.
I don't know, but what I do know is I've already started drinking.

Rougheads eye before the GF was a major stresser as well. Everyone say a little prayer for keath’s hammies!!!

If Keath doesn't play I hope he's asking the exact same question Roughy did when he first got to the bench that night;

"Will I be right for next week?"

If Keath is carrying an injury it will make it more difficult to pick Martin over Young. Bevo will want the flexibility to put young at full back as a backup.

If Keath is carrying an injury it will make it more difficult to pick Martin over Young. Bevo will want the flexibility to put young at full back as a backup.
That makes a lot of sense, however Young as the sub works in that case. Maybe we bank on either Keath or Martin lasting the whole game, just need to sub Young in for one of them.

Rougheads eye before the GF was a major stresser as well. Everyone say a little prayer for keath’s hammies!!!
Yeah, that was a pretty big talking point.

Thinking about it, Roughy playing that game probably won us the game. I daresay Jong or Suckling would have come in for Roughy, and that would have been the only change. That would have resulted in Boyd playing as the lone ruckman. Would he have had the same influence if he played the entire match in the ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Jong. Did his collarbone against West Coast in Elimination Final.

Yeah, that was a pretty big talking point.

Thinking about it, Roughy playing that game probably won us the game. I daresay Jong or Suckling would have come in for Roughy, and that would have been the only change. That would have resulted in Boyd playing as the lone ruckman. Would he have had the same influence if he played the entire match in the ruck?

If Martin plays and gets subbed out because he got a “bad knock or tightness” in the 3rd quarter and they sub young in can Martin still play in the grand final if there’s a week off and given we win..??
Yeah as long as it isn't for concussion

Not Jong. Did his collarbone against West Coast in Elimination Final.
Jong was in the mix.

He played the VFL Grand Final two weeks after doing his collarbone (taping up the opposite shoulder so the opposition wouldn't target it) to prove his fitness for the AFL Grand Final. Bloody warrior.

Look I'd completely roll the dice and select all of Keath, Martin and Bont if they are all deemed capable to do so.

Young as sub. I'd normally pick Marra but we need as many blokes who can play big minutes as we possibly can.

Jacko will once again carry us on his back this weekend. Will put himself into Dogs legendary status with a match winning game.

Look I'd completely roll the dice and select all of Keath, Martin and Bont if they are all deemed capable to do so.

Young as sub. I'd normally pick Marra but we need as many blokes who can play big minutes as we possibly can.

Jacko will once again carry us on his back this weekend. Will put himself into Dogs legendary status with a match winning game.
Yeah what do we have to lose? I don’t think we’re winning without Keath, sit him at full back on one leg if we have to

Alex Keath is out 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back