Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG Sun 23/05 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rantall, McRae, Bianco, Kelly, Tohill... some of these guys need to get a look in before the bye.

Just a case of rotating players through and resting older players with niggles

Better off giving the kids a run through and finishing 2nd last than playing the senior players and finishing 3rd-4th last

Thats pretty much what we have been doing all year so hopefully it continues. Although if you bring a player in you need to commit to giving them a block of games. Already I'd call for McCreery and Poulter to stay in the 22 all year, whilst Murphy T Brown Cameron and Keane are not far behind on that count. So its a good start in terms of investing in the future.

Let the senior players (Mayne, Thomas, C Brown, Madgen, even Sidebottom) rotate through the injury sub bench.

Out - C Brown, Henry
Ins - Murphy, Sire- and leave him the f in for gods sake, our midfield is rubbish.
So Roughead doesn’t get a guernsey ( to mind Dixon), but you want Murphy in?
And Sier is rubbish. Attitude problem, lazy, unfit, and injury prone.
He will be a permanent Phil Inn with his mates next year..

I think it's about time we gave Ginnivan a game to replace Thomas. Ginnivan is taller, 18 years old, versus Thomas turning 30 years old, faster, has footy smarts, gives his all and will probably not weaken us much if at all. I like the look of him and give him a taste and maybe he will make the grade. Keep Wilson for a few games because he was crucified by his team mates. Also should have got a free kick for a high tackle bit was pinged for ball. Then later a Sydney player goes head first into a pies tackle where the pies player was standing upright to apply the tackle and the Shawn's player gets the free. Wilson just had a tough day, but you gotta love that he kept on fighting. He pit himself on the line and may improve the team in the long run. I like Rantal because he is an inside player we can use.
My ins. Roughead, Ginnivan, Murphy, Rantall
Outs: Thomas, Henry, Madgen (he was sub) dunno who else TBH.
Sub maybe to Mayne.
We wont win anyway, so like to promote younger players.

So do I,
The Madgen comment was confusing tho
Sorry. I’m not always across team selection. Do think that Cox should come in though. We need a target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I turned the game off at 3/4 time and you mentioned Madgen must be dropped.
Cox in Grundy out would suit me
I’d play Grundy, Cox and Cameron.

No argument from me on any of that, but we've got to start trying to fix things somewhere. And Noble is where I'd start.

Noble is part of our future for sure. He just needs to clean up some of his kicks, but that will come with composure. He is one of the few (Crisp aside) that has that attacking mindset from deep in defence, and starts D50 clearances

I think it's about time we gave Ginnivan a game to replace Thomas. Ginnivan is taller, 18 years old, versus Thomas turning 30 years old, faster, has footy smarts, gives his all and will probably not weaken us much if at all. I like the look of him and give him a taste and maybe he will make the grade. Keep Wilson for a few games because he was crucified by his team mates. Also should have got a free kick for a high tackle bit was pinged for ball. Then later a Sydney player goes head first into a pies tackle where the pies player was standing upright to apply the tackle and the Shawn's player gets the free. Wilson just had a tough day, but you gotta love that he kept on fighting. He pit himself on the line and may improve the team in the long run. I like Rantal because he is an inside player we can use.
My ins. Roughead, Ginnivan, Murphy, Rantall
Outs: Thomas, Henry, Madgen (he was sub) dunno who else TBH.
Sub maybe to Mayne.
We wont win anyway, so like to promote younger players.

Ginnivan had a game low 5 disposals yesterday. He is not ready for senior footy yet.

Thats pretty much what we have been doing all year so hopefully it continues. Although if you bring a player in you need to commit to giving them a block of games. Already I'd call for McCreery and Poulter to stay in the 22 all year, whilst Murphy T Brown Cameron and Keane are not far behind on that count. So its a good start in terms of investing in the future.

Let the senior players (Mayne, Thomas, C Brown, Madgen, even Sidebottom) rotate through the injury sub bench.

I agree, I think McCreery, Poulter, Murphy all stay in for the year unless they need a managed rest (and if so, come straight back in). And aim for a least another 10 games for Cameron and Keane. And look to get Macrae up to 10-12 games to close out the year. Got to give Wilson 3-4 more for the year, and probably Henry another 3-4 late in the year (but needs to go down to VFL for a good 6 weeks). Get 3-4 games at least into each of Rantall and Bianco. I don't think we'll see McMahon this year, and don't really need so see more of Ruscoe, although I know he'll get games.

I agree, I think McCreery, Poulter, Murphy all stay in for the year unless they need a managed rest (and if so, come straight back in). And aim for a least another 10 games for Cameron and Keane. And look to get Macrae up to 10-12 games to close out the year. Got to give Wilson 3-4 more for the year, and probably Henry another 3-4 late in the year (but needs to go down to VFL for a good 6 weeks). Get 3-4 games at least into each of Rantall and Bianco. I don't think we'll see McMahon this year, and don't really need so see more of Ruscoe, although I know he'll get games.

Hopefully youre underselling Bianco there.

Some things are inherent, no matter how much Licuria trained he was always going to be an average kick. Kicking was not his strength, he had others. Our disposal and intellect through the middle is diabolical. That isn’t the coaches fault.

These are AFL listed players, it's not the Dimboola 3rds - there's no excuse for that sort of disposal efficiency and it's naive to suggest that coaches bare no responsibility for it. Football fundamentals like kicking and handballing ARE the coaches job to ensure the squad is up to par.

Bianco we should look to put more games into once he has built up the match fitness. I'd look to get Kelly some games too. Starting to build confidence in defense. Ruscoe actually looks quite good in defense in the VFL. Plays much smarter and competitively. Strong in the air and able to use his nice footskills to spot up targets.

It's just a shame that all our players (even the ones drafted in as forwards) look much better in defense. Mihocek the only exception. Probably speaks to more a game plan thing where our forwards just get starved of one on one opportunities.

Out: Henry, Wilson, JT
In: Murphy, Roughead, Macrae

Swap C Brown for Madgen as injury sub.

Rantall, McRae, Bianco, Kelly, Tohill... some of these guys need to get a look in before the bye.

Just a case of rotating players through and resting older players with niggles

Better off giving the kids a run through and finishing 2nd last than playing the senior players and finishing 3rd-4th last

gws getting pick 2 from us.

teams will be lining up to deal with us next trade period...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back