Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 19 vs. Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium Friday 23/07 @ 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulter has a Future and better Disposal.

Those 2 should not have a Future at the Club
For the moment we have to win games so the idea is to play the best available. Mayne probably got more possessions in the first quarter than Poulter might have expected to get for the whole game. I can see why selectors opted for him over Poulter. However I can't say the same for the continued non selection of Sier, particularly when C Brown once again showed what an appalling player he truly is art AFL level.

But there has to be a sub and that person has to show in their time on the field that they are worthy of a full game next week. Ruscoe did that last week by coming on as sub and playing well. Poulter did not similarly impress this week when he was subbed on in the first half. His form had trailed off prior to becoming sub so I see no reason to give him a full game next week, unless there are more holes to fill than we have in form players to fill them.

No disagreement at all, but I think it's extremely difficult to have an impact when the role is unclear. Ruscoe had a good impact last week as the sub, but his role appeared to be clearly defined. Also playing across the back half and attacking the ball makes it a bit easier to impact the contest than playing in front of the ball, particularly once momementum had swung in the oppositions favour. Poulter was unsighted in a half of football when the ball rarely moved towards our attacking third and I dont think thats a coincidence.

Should he play next week? I dunno, probably not on form. No VFL makes it hard and you don't want these guys having weeks without footy. Given its Port, in Adelaide (possibly), he probably stays in the squad and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the game.

The lad has not even played a ressies game. Has been injured. Hes not coming in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Johnson without so much as tying up a boot lace gets a game ahead of Sier then I will personally make a sacrifice of myself in the entrance to the Holden Centre or whatever it is currently called. A can of petrol and a cigarette lighter along with an overdose of excessively steely resolve will be all that is required to inform the selectors in no uncertain terms of my thoughts on their decisions.

If Johnson without so much as tying up a boot lace gets a game ahead of Sier then I will personally make a sacrifice of myself in the entrance to the Holden Centre or whatever it is currently called. A can of petrol and a cigarette lighter along with an overdose of excessively steely resolve will be all that is required to inform the selectors in no uncertain terms of my thoughts on their decisions.
giphy (1).gif
Live footage from the Holden Centre.

Apparently our boys had a vfl scratch match today with players from 4 clubs. Charlie Curnow made his comeback. Assume AJ played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you say that. I was just thinking how often he gets two hands on the pill and drops it.
He drops more because he attempts more than Madgen.

Apparently our boys had a vfl scratch match today with players from 4 clubs. Charlie Curnow made his comeback. Assume AJ played

Guess it was at Ikon Park then.

Could of Streamed it then

Murphy is a better kick and has stronger hands.

No way, Murphy actually has the weakest hands ive seen at the club since Dawes. This isnt a new realisation, if you go back to his first year I was posting about it and notcied it in his first VFL games. He just struggles to take them overhead and is overall fumbly. Back then he would attempt every mark as a chest mark, but he's stopped doing it and just going for them overhead now, but never takes them.

Out: Thomas (Injured), Brown (Injured) Mihochek (If injured)
In: Ginnivan, Sier or Macrae, Lynch

I'd even be tempted to drop Quaynor. Worst game ive seen of him.

This is 1st Bad IQ Game has played for awhile so he get another Chance

True, that's why I said tempted. But he wasn't alone so I'll give him another chance.

Unfortunately Quaynor has turned into a perennial turnover merchant in recent weeks. Hopefully he can work on his disposal this week, because between he and Bianco, there was 6 turnovers, 3 cost us goals.
I guess we have to cut them some slack as younger players, but both need to work hard on their disposal over the summer.

Unfortunately Quaynor has turned into a perennial turnover merchant in recent weeks. Hopefully he can work on his disposal this week, because between he and Bianco, there was 6 turnovers, 3 cost us goals....
Had a better first half of the year, not so much lately. Hopefully he can gain some confidence and use the ball better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back