Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've said it a couple of times but I think some supporters are probably unaware or have forgotten how important Cox is to our structure.

There were a couple of games last year he went out suspended and we looked completely out of order. Granted, we didn't have Reid available to come in and plug a hole, but we were desperate for him to come back and upon his return he really straightened us back up.

I think his absence is really affecting the likes of WHE, Stephenson and Thomas' ability to impact the game by crumbing the contest. As much as I believe Thomas is out of form, I hope he's in the team the same week Cox gets back.

No matter how good Reid might go every few weeks, Cox can't come back soon enough. Don't play him in the VFL. Put him straight back in the AFL. Yes he might be rusty but I can assure you he hasn't got shorter.

I think I've said it a couple of times but I think some supporters are probably unaware or have forgotten how important Cox is to our structure.

There were a couple of games last year he went out suspended and we looked completely out of order. Granted, we didn't have Reid available to come in and plug a hole, but we were desperate for him to come back and upon his return he really straightened us back up.

I think his absence is really affecting the likes of WHE, Stephenson and Thomas' ability to impact the game by crumbing the contest. As much as I believe Thomas is out of form, I hope he's in the team the same week Cox gets back.

No matter how good Reid might go every few weeks, Cox can't come back soon enough. Don't play him in the VFL. Put him straight back in the AFL. Yes he might be rusty but I can assure you he hasn't got shorter.
WHE showed good improvement on the weekend imo, JT needs a run in the twos. Agree that Cox is crucial for our forward line structure and must be selected over Reid when fit.

How the holy hell did he go from a calf bruise from Hurley at Essendon dragging his boots down the back of his leg, to having a syndesmosis strain and being out for 6-8 weeks? I mean FMD!

Unfortunately I know the answer to my question already. Because Collingwood.

Great post

I'm reasonably confident of a strong bounce back. We've got a good record in this fixture, big stage, and coming off a Barry Crocker

Sier back in to balance up our mids would be great!

I'm reasonably confident of a strong bounce back. We've got a good record in this fixture, big stage, and coming off a Barry Crocker

Sier back in to balance up our mids would be great!
And now it's our home game.

The demons are better than their record shows, we just loss to a team that we beat by 10 goals last year so I take no comfort in last years queens bday result... hopefully we don't take them lightly

We oughtta come out blazing; after having dropped a game like that which we shouldn’t have lost, with a bunch of our mids having barely touched the ball, I expect they’ll fire up and even Mihocek will click.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we f lose this man.. I f swear man.. I will hand Wally a $450 bottle of Creed Aventus so I can listen to him say.. 'what's this funny looking bottle.. hey Ednaaaa.. how much Lynx Africa do we have left luuuvv..oh 3 quarts... enough to last us the next coupla mths.. don't want it.'

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

Tipping a draw for this one in a nod and a wink to 2010

Good call.

2010 wasn't roses for us. We beat Melbourne by 1 point (luckily) We scored a total of 4 goals (0 in the 2nd half) against St Kilda. We Lost to Geelong and Brisbane back to back and the week after we drew with a really average Melbourne team.

To sew up the minor premiership we played one of our worst games of the year to Adelaide before losing the next week to a lame Hawthorn side.

Up to the bye in 2010 our fans were split on how legitimate we were. Some were even saying that our minor premiership was a fluke. A sentiment I didn't necessarily agree with at the time but still understood why people felt that way

It was our post-bye form that was everything. Let's hurt Melbourne, have a break and then burst out the gates for the second half of the season

Actually I do know.

10.8% chance of finishing first, 19.4% of finishing second.

Our highest chance spot is third at 21.7%.
These are just stastistics. We can be anything we want to be given the list we have. Only need belief, unreserved commitment, relentless execution and being agile in responding to opposition pressure. Let us believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back