Preview Changes/Preview – Round 17 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely the Freo loss was it though, I think we're just mid table mediocrity unfortunately.
You'd think so.

I remember after the Freo game Gawn saying we played better that day than we did against Port, he seemed ok with how it went.
Goodwin seemed pretty happy aside from our inefficiency.

Goodie will swap Chandler and Spargo,

Then when Spargo gets 3 touches, bring Chandler back in and make Spargo sub. Rinse and repeat.

You'd think so.

I remember after the Freo game Gawn saying we played better that day than we did against Port, he seemed ok with how it went.
Same line as Goodwin yesterday. “It’s not what our fans will want to hear, but we played well”. There’s a genuine leadership void at the moment, with an underperforming coach and underperforming captain currently hand in glove. We won’t know if they are, because these things are conducted behind closed doors at Melbourne, but Roffey and Pert need to get involved now that the results have turned.

Lever May McVee
Salem Tomlinson Rivers
Woewodin Viney Hunter
Bowey Petty Laurie
Pickett JVR Smith
Gawn Oliver Petracca
Grundy Brayshaw Sparrow Spargo

This is the kind of lineup that a competent coach should roll out this week.

Neal-Bullen and Chandler’s skill errors and lack of scoreboard pressure shouldn’t be tolerated. Langdon’s lack of effort shouldn’t be tolerated.

Honestly tempted to skip watching this match, Saturday night, would rather do anything else than watch us play, first time I've felt like that since the Neeld years tbh. We are just so grim, even when we're winning.

Cheers dees.

Hopefully losing to the Giants was the nice fat kick up the arse we needed.
I'd love to believe this but Goody seems to think we played really well...

Understand it's not the modern way to put the players on blast publicly but hope behind closed doors Goody isn't going with the sunshine and rainbows messaging.

I know it will never happen but would love for them to make a statement and drop ANB.

Cannot keep rewarding mediocrity in the forward line. As I said last week his fumbles/poor game awareness and generally not being a great footballer right now is costing us more than his other random stats - his performance on the weekend reinforced that. We need QUALITY in our forward half not limited role players.

Out: Fritta, ANB, Harmes
In: JVR, Woewodin, Oliver (hopefully)

Probably not like for like but I’m sure they can shuffle a few things around.

Goody for ****s sake just give Woey Jnr a debut.

It was debuting Bowey and pumping GC at the dome that got our season going in 2021 after a string of garbage games.

We need something like that against St Kilda at our fortress. Noting that it's not 2021 anymore where we have a sick record against the top 8

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The time to introduce youngsters was before the Bye , Its too late now . I don't think goodwin Knows what our forward structure should be1

You'd think so.

That's such a weird response to a loss. Seems they feel less pain than us. I suppose they get $$$$ regardless and it's a job whereas for us it's a passion.

With Fritsch out, you just know Goody will lock Melksham into the team for his 5 touches, 1 tackle and 1 shot on goal a week. :padlock:
Needs to play Smith he's the closest type not a reliable kick like Fritter but could surprise. Whereas I'm hoping Melks gets one more game before the season ends and then retired. He is like you said very few touches and seems to lack urgency.

I'd love to believe this but Goody seems to think we played really well...

Understand it's not the modern way to put the players on blast publicly but hope behind closed doors Goody isn't going with the sunshine and rainbows messaging.

I don’t think he’s smart enough to do that unfortunately. He genuinely believes we played and are playing good footy.

Efficiency going inside 50 and accurate kicking are priorities. Brown will get another look at it this week. Smith was good against the pies, but unseen last week. JVR while still raw at least kicks at 70% accuracy.

I love Spargs and despite a dip in form reckon we need him.

Give the ruck keys to Grundy for majority of the match and keep Gawn forward, especially if we insist on just bombing forward.

Out: Fritsch, Smith, Chandler (stiff, but think he could use a spell)
In: JVR, Spargs, Jordon (Melk sub again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back