Preview Changes R13 Bulldogs vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2007328

The hope is, they grade it careless, low impact and high contact and gets away with a fine. The Walker one earlier in the year was a higher impact and Walker went off for a HIA test which didn't help. Howe went down holding his face, but got up and was ok, so low impact is what we need.
We can only hope for low impact but then i wouldn’t hold my breath with the MRO

Down to 1 of our preferred starting 6 forwards with no west Darcy naughton weightman and vdm

Was disappointed we didn’t challenge his last suspension. Will not be happy if we don’t challenge this one.

Darcy I think a little unlucky but it is hard to make a case against it. Pretty clumsy and unnecessary. Thought the head contact was very minimal though and probably doesn’t get two if it were to cost him a GF cough

It’s annoying that they can rewind the tape and go Diazos it with a fine tooth comb for player errors , yet they can’t retrospectively give Garcia some sort of award for his perfectly executed tackle on N Daicos . Maybe they could give him a week’s immunity from the tribunal .

I’d give Khamis a go as a forward next week. Footy is often a low scoring affair these days, and if he snags two or three it throws shade over his shortcomings .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Libba, Richards, Scott, ???
Hopefully West still plays, have to challenge that. Marra & Lobb have to have big games. Maybe we throw Jones forward for a bit of nostalgia (I really hope we don’t do this).

West suspension is a joke, Howe wasn’t even taken off the field ffs.

Darcy for 2 is extremely harsh as well, how it can be equal to Pickett’s shoulder charge to the face is beyond me

So outs:

- forced Harmes, VDM, West, Darcy

Easy ins:

- Red, Libba, Scott

We really struggled in managing the small forwards - this is Brisbane’s strengths.

Am looking forward to Busslingers debut - but with Jones, Keath and JOD playing well there just is not a spot. Long term with Jones and Keath both in vampire territory he will have a long term role but makes little sense.

So hard in - is who replaces Darcy up forward. To me the question is who is likely to kick the most goals and provide a target.

This has to be Khamis - highest goal kicker in VFL last year so he can kick goals. Or we move Bont forward and give Macrae the job then bring in someone to replace him as a mid/HH forward - so Baker or Poulter (I like Baker based on his goal kicking).

Alt is to go 1:1 - and replace Darcy with Smith or Croft.

Smith has been very good and can take a clunk - his job would be to just do a role as a tall forward. I keep hearing he is undersized but 203 doesn’t sound undersized. And he is built like a mature player.

Croft is so raw - we risk destroying his confidence. I think this would be a mistake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back