Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has been posted but Sam Docherty out for 4-6 weeks.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if this has been posted but Sam Docherty out for 4-6 weeks.

Poor bloke

missed 3 weeks with no obvious player for him to replace. unfortunately its SANFL for him.
No obvious player to replace?..

I can think of three straight away.

Ned, murphy and keays.

Mcadamā€™s more damaging with ball in hand than all 3 of them.

And thereā€™s no SANFL games this weekend.. so if they dont play mcadam thatā€™ll be four weeks of football he misses..

ā€œWe havenā€™t seen many of these five-day breaks so itā€™s an interesting experiment for us,ā€ he said.

ā€œWeā€™ve got a number of players for different reasons that are now available that are fresher than those on the weekend.

ā€œMcAdam is available for selection, so too is Pedlar (following suspension). Sam Berry was part of our management program (and is available).

ā€œWeā€™ll sit down in match committee and go through all of that.ā€

I think
McAdam in for Gollant
Pedlar in for Murphy
Berry goes to the sub for Schoenberg

Fog still not right. Give him the extra 10 day break.

ā€œWe havenā€™t seen many of these five-day breaks so itā€™s an interesting experiment for us,ā€ he said.

ā€œWeā€™ve got a number of players for different reasons that are now available that are fresher than those on the weekend.

ā€œMcAdam is available for selection, so too is Pedlar (following suspension). Sam Berry was part of our management program (and is available).

I think
McAdam in for Gollant
Pedlar in for Murphy

Agree except Fog plays

Fog in for Gollant (extremely unlucky)
Pedlar in for Murphy (extremely unlucky)
Pedlar in for Mchenry (unlucky)

We're going to get royally screwed by the 4 blind mice this week aren't we?
Did you see them get on the Geelong bandwagon in the third quarter yesterday?

Was something like 10-0 free kicks Geelong's way in the quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're going to get royally screwed by the 4 blind mice this week aren't we?
Not sure, surely the AFL don't want to start Gather round off with a horribly bias match against the state hosting most popular team?? Why would their fans want to go to other games if you screw them all over night 1

put Keays on Saad again. worked well last time.

This should happen. Or someone if not Keays. No Docherty, so he's the main distributor and rebounder especially as Newman's going to have his hands full with Rankine. If we can successfully clamp him it'll completely kill their transition game.

I think
McAdam in for Gollant
Pedlar in for Murphy

Yep Iā€™ve got a feeling Fog doesnā€™t come up ā€¦ and gets an extra 10 days to recover if he misses this week

Medials are normally 4-6 wks or the player doesnā€™t have full movement back

Is McKay challenging his ban? If he gets off McAdam should be livid

Of course he's challenging. It's all a bit of a sideshow - AFL wants to look tough on head high contact but make sure certain cases are downgraded on appeal. As a 'big name', no surer thing than he gets off.

This should happen. Or someone if not Keays. No Docherty, so he's the main distributor and rebounder especially as Newman's going to have his hands full with Rankine. If we can successfully clamp him it'll completely kill their transition game.
Definitely going Keays on Saad if we can manufacture it

Need someone to sacrifice their game to slow down Saadā€™s bounce off half back and Keays is the one to do it

Bonus if he kicks 3 like last time but not even essential

Big puff piece on AFL.com about the "box-office Crows"

Hope the boys are not getting ahead of themselves because that's the exact kinda of stuff that could make a young team start thinking they've achieved more than they actually have
They won't be.

Hearing Nicks unhappy about aspects of the weekend's game will keep them grounded.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got a hunch it might be

Ins Pedlar McAdam
Outs Mchenry Gollant

Fog not ready , plays against hawks close to fully fit by then

Ned or Berry sub ā€¦. Schoenberg puts feet up this weekend with no sanfl

The other question mark is Butts but hope he comes up , especially if McKay gets off

Will Day cops 2 week ban and will miss round 6 against crows

That'll show him for turning us down šŸ˜­

No obvious player to replace?..

I can think of three straight away.

Ned, murphy and keays.

Mcadamā€™s more damaging with ball in hand than all 3 of them.

And thereā€™s no SANFL games this weekend.. so if they dont play mcadam thatā€™ll be four weeks of football he misses..
I reckon that's harsh on Murph. I agree that McAdam kicks more goals but I'd argue that Murphy creates more scoring opportunities through his often unheralded work.
I don't have the tech skills to put up a video clip to use as an example but Murphy was 99.9% responsible for Walkers goal early in the game from his snap over his shoulder. (2nd goal??) I think it was a boundary throw in and Murphy was the only Crows player involved and THREE times in about 5 seconds he tried to smother or tackle or take possession. Just before these terrific efforts he had been manhandled to the ground but still bounced up to make the play happen. The ball spilled to Walker who kicked a beauty. When you stop to watch Murph, it's easy to see that he has talents not many of our "star" forwards have. I think he's well in front of Ned and Benny as a pressure player (who plays forward).

Can someone please find this example and post it. Murphy was amazing. Credit where it's due.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back