Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the chances we give Fogarty the extra break, then rest Tex for the Tassie trip with Fog coming in?

Wouldn't mind it if we went that way. Quite sensible.

Though I'm having Fog withdrawals
It sounds like there are doubts. 1 more week wouldn't hurt. He's a big loss but we wouldn't want to aggravate it ad lose him long term.

What are the chances we give Fogarty the extra break, then rest Tex for the Tassie trip with Fog coming in?

Wouldn't mind it if we went that way. Quite sensible.

Though I'm having Fog withdrawals

We can't afford to be pissing around with selections and not picking our best players against the top teams

Not sure we'll go in with only two tall forwards.

McAdam is only 186cm
Clearly Mc Adam and Gollant play the same role - leading 3rd tall types.

If anything, Mc Adam’s athleticism, superior marking, pace, (relative) strength - plus defensive pressure for a bonus - means he is more of a third tall than Gollant, rendering your point moot IMO

Clearly Mc Adam and Gollant play the same role - leading 3rd tall types.

If anything, Mc Adam’s athleticism, superior marking, pace, (relative) strength - plus defensive pressure for a bonus - means he is more of a third tall than Gollant, rendering your point moot IMO
I've never seen it this way. He plays as a marking forward but he usually plays on smaller defenders and does ground level work and defense

I watched the game today after listening to it on the radio out bush Saturday - I enjoyed Ned's energy and the good stuff he did he did well and more than he has before, but geez he still made plenty of mistakes - if he makes the same amount of mistakes against better teams it is really going to hurt us.

Maxy is a lot cooler than his old man - and more courageous haha!!

Rankine, Rachelle and Soligo continue to impress and improve.

Jones was also impressive.

Dawson is one of the best if not the best trade ins we have accomplished as a club.

Surely Pedlar comes in

I am Keane for Butts --- although I like big Butts I cannot lie

Fog would be nice to have on the big stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched the footage. You’re more likely to get concussion being tickled by a feather duster.

I’m happy for McKay to miss, will be a big leg up for us, but geez. It was a free for high contact and that’s it.
I agree there was little potential for injury, however my thoughts with any kind of intentional strike (elbow, punch, knee, kick) to the head, should be an automatic suspension, and increase the weeks based on the severity. There’s just no need for that kind of act, and this approach eliminates some of the grey around the issue, players would know that if they touch the head and it’s not a football act, they’re gone.

The debate is then around whether it’s intentional or not, given the timing of the hit and the other options McKay had available, you’d have to say it was.

Hopefully Butts is OK...otherwise Keane needed with McKay appeal.

Leaning towards being conservative with Fogarty, bring him in for Tex to manage for the following game.

Pedlar into the 22 for Murphy or McHenry, with 1 replacing Schoenberg as sub.

Gollant unlucky but McAdam is better & we can't bring him back through the sanfl with a bye.

In: McAdam, Pedlar
Out: Gollant, Schoenberg

B: Michalanney, Butts, Murray
HB: Smith, Doedee, Hinge
C: Sholl, Dawson, Jones
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Rankine, Thilthorpe, McAdam
I: Milera, Soligo, Sloane, McHenry
Sub: Murphy

I've never seen it this way. He plays as a marking forward but he usually plays on smaller defenders and does ground level work and defense
Ok mate, interesting difference in perspective. I would classify both as the 3rd marking tall but certainly acknowledge the height differential

Hopefully Butts is OK...otherwise Keane needed with McKay appeal.

Leaning towards being conservative with Fogarty, bring him in for Tex to manage for the following game.

Pedlar into the 22 for Murphy or McHenry, with 1 replacing Schoenberg as sub.

Gollant unlucky but McAdam is better & we can't bring him back through the sanfl with a bye.

In: McAdam, Pedlar
Out: Gollant, Schoenberg

B: Michalanney, Butts, Murray
HB: Smith, Doedee, Hinge
C: Sholl, Dawson, Jones
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Rankine, Thilthorpe, McAdam
I: Milera, Soligo, Sloane, McHenry
Sub: Murphy
I am thinking likewise... Gollant is unlucky, but he cost me in the goalkicking comp a couple of weeks ago :D

I watched the game today after listening to it on the radio out bush Saturday - I enjoyed Ned's energy and the good stuff he did he did well and more than he has before, but geez he still made plenty of mistakes - if he makes the same amount of mistakes against better teams it is really going to hurt us.

Maxy is a lot cooler than his old man - and more courageous haha!!

Rankine, Rachelle and Soligo continue to impress and improve.

Jones was also impressive.

Dawson is one of the best if not the best trade ins we have accomplished as a club.

Surely Pedlar comes in

I am Keane for Butts --- although I like big Butts I cannot lie

Fog would be nice to have on the big stage.
Excellent point. After 30+ years of clearly struggling to entice elite players to SA would we now say that only Jars would be superior to JD and Izak in our whole history for incoming trades? If so, 2/3 in the last 2 years and clearly the “trend is our friend” but then…..who is next? Once you get the hunger it becomes insatiable

Whateley says he agrees with the decision..knock me over with a feather...I love how an AFL hack can be so partisan and not even try and hide it
He's sold out since he left the ABC.

Have lost all respect for him.

Lol, elbow to the head.

No worries, you're free to play.

So sick of the VFL bias, it happens to often to be a coincidence.
Perhaps we should try this kick interference technique at every opportunity this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back