Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2007
Box Hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
Moss in for Hooper.
We lacked run so JKT in if Ossie and/or Shiels suspended (please take the early plea if offered)
Lewis should be OK.
Suckling the other obvious in unless we can find a ruckman.
Hopefully Young, Burger & Dowler have a run at Box Hill on Saturday.
We'll need them V Pies the week after.

Thoughts?

Reckon we have to pick the fights we can win so to speak.

With the short break and our injury situation, I'm not sure that the Doggies is one of them.

Agree with the OP, think getting the team right for the Pies game is more important.

Mossy for Hoops
JKT for Ossie

Out:Shiels (suspended), Osbourne (suspended), Hooper (injured), Lewis (injured)

In: Moss, JKT, Suckling, Lisle

So disappointed in Shiels. This kid will be a star.. reminds me of a young crawf. Runs and Runs and finds the ball. Very stupid what he did, and will learn from it. Will get 3 but with early plea will get 1-2.

Osbourne will get 3 and deserves it. Typical by him. Always trys to be too aggresive and has let his team-mates down big time. NO EXCUSES from supporters.

Reckon we have to pick the fights we can win so to speak.

With the short break and our injury situation, I'm not sure that the Doggies is one of them.

Agree with the OP, think getting the team right for the Pies game is more important.

Mossy for Hoops
JKT for Ossie

What's wrong with Ossie?

Did any of the young ruckmen get a gig in the practice game does anyone know?

Think moss is the clear replacement for Hoops, thought he was stiff to get the axe this week. Lewis will be hard to keep out, the kind of player who wont want to miss.

Hoping one of Shiels and Ossie get cleared (if they are sighted) personally didnt see the incidents so im not one to comment.

Moss in for hoops, suckling in for shiels, jkt for Ozzie, if they are reported today was a huge loss we had 2 wins on the board and threw it away because we cracked under presure again, not sure why we can't beat the cats I think kennet meant to say we are mentally weak when playing them!

Ossie will go but Ling is more likely to win a Logie than Shiels is to get weeks.

Yeah agreed, no way Shiels will go for that.
Ossie is in trouble.

Mark Fine (SEN) also mentioned after the game that Goo might be in trouble for pinning Steve Johnsons arms and driving him head first into the ground in a tackle that was 15 metres off the ball.
I didnt notice it, did anyone see it?

Every time I saw the replay of the Shiels incident, I thought that he didnt actually make contact. The problem the MRP panel have is that if they agree they would be forced to cite Ling for staging and I really cant see that.

Ossie is in trouble.

Mark Fine (SEN) also mentioned after the game that Goo might be in trouble for pinning Steve Johnsons arms and driving him head first into the ground in a tackle that was 15 metres off the ball.

It wasn't 15m off the ball if its the contest in on the front of the square.

Was only a free for in the back for mine but thats without seeing a replay of it.

Mr Johnson has a tendancy of swan diving.....

Ossie is in trouble.

Don't hold your breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed re Goo vs Steve J.

It was a legitimate tackle & Goo would have been rewarded for S-J holding the ball - had S-J ever had the ball...

No weeks there - just a good tackle that piined the arms, in which S-J had his ability to protect himself removed.

It was only a free kick as S-J never got the ball and as such it was 'holding the man' against Goo.

Every time I saw the replay of the Shiels incident, I thought that he didnt actually make contact. The problem the MRP panel have is that if they agree they would be forced to cite Ling for staging and I really cant see that.
Good point that. I would hate to see Ling go for that as he is one of the players in the league I respect the most. However the AFL I bet you will be looking for an example to tell the community they are serious about the new staging rule. This would be the perfect opportunity. High profile player and club captain.

Gee do you guys have a tough draw. Cats, Dogs, Pies. Thats 3 of the top 4 teams from last year and they should all be there abouts again.

Anyway great work by you today and unlucky in the end. Would have been better if the umps put the whistle away, but was a great game regardless.

why not give grimley a run in the ruck? ive herd his done alright in the vfl. renouf just canrt do it all day and plus you dont wanna risk roughie in the ruck.

Out:Shiels (suspended), Osbourne (suspended), Hooper (injured), Lewis (injured)

In: Moss, JKT, Suckling, Lisle

So disappointed in Shiels. This kid will be a star.. reminds me of a young crawf. Runs and Runs and finds the ball. Very stupid what he did, and will learn from it. Will get 3 but with early plea will get 1-2.

Osbourne will get 3 and deserves it. Typical by him. Always trys to be too aggresive and has let his team-mates down big time. NO EXCUSES from supporters.
Spot on about osbourne, the time to be tough was when the big cat midfielders were taking over late in the game, start winning some clearences and contested ball ozzie, hodge and Mitch cant do it all.

Shiels will be fine...

As for the changes -

Moss for Hooper
Stratton for Murphy (this guy turns the ball over, time and time again)
Grimley for ?????

GEEPONG = BIGGEST TEAM OF DIVERS & SOOKS IN THE AFL :thumbsdown:

I know that Dowler hasn't really done much to warrant a game, but I would like to see him come in for Morton. His ability to play closer to goal offers us more balance when Roughead goes into the ruck.

Otherwise when Roughy rucks, Buddy gets forced to stay too close to goal, and he stops leading and tries to play from behind. Plus we were forced to move Schoenmakers to half forward when Roughy went to the centre, and our backline was just too short.

The more stable structure should allow us to put Roughy in the centre more to relieve Renouf.

IN: Moss, Suckling, Dowler
OUT: Hooper (inj), Osborne (sus), Morton

JKT to come in for Shiels should he be suspended.

B: Guerra, Gilham, Murphy
HB: Birchall, Schoenmakers, Gibson
C: Ladson, Bateman, Ellis
HF: Peterson, Franklin, Lewis
F: Rioli, Roughead, Brown
R: Renouf, Hodge, Mitchell
IC: Dowler, Moss, Suckling, Shiels/JKT

I still wonder to this day why Dawson didn't get sighted for what he did to Buddy last year. Isn't the mouth a part of the head? And how hard did he hit him!!! And how did that Tiger player get away with punching Buddy in the face as well. No doubt the MRP will penalise us, as usual.I agree that Ossie shouldn't have done what he did.. Was stupid...:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back