Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

hird- legend
jj- all australian
campo- all australian
stanton- gun
watson- gun
Correct me if im wrong but wasn't this someones posts merv? Also if these young boys keep playing good footy and jj comes back in the side do you really think watson will get a game? Get fair dinkem and stop trying to make people believe that he's a good player.

Jobe was an integral member of the Essendon midfield averaging 24 possessions a game. He has become a very dangerous player at the stoppages for the opposition, with his ability to read the play and his vision two key ingredients to his success. Finishing second in Essendon’s best and fairest in just his first full year in the senior side was one of the most exciting aspects of the 2006 season.

Jobe is easily in our best 22. Sure he has to work on his kicking but I wouldnt play a Dyson or an unfit Johnson or Campo infront of him

Fletcher-Tarrant
Ryder-Pavlich

I like the idea of McPhee being able to roam the backline, sweeping off the half back line. Freo don't have any other tall forwards apart from Tarrant and Pav, so if Fletch and Ryder can contain those two then that lets McPhee and Michael free to play a rebounding game. Even if we could get Michael onto Tarrant then Fletch and McPhee rebounding off the half back line is a very good thought.

there is no way that paddy will play on pavlich. lloydy said yesterday in his press conference that paddy wouldn't be playing on tarrant or pavlich

I'd go in unchanged or Dyson for NLM to provide a more skillful option.

Back line looked really good. Sheedy showed his hand by playing Slattery on Burton. I think he has Slatts down as the McVeigh type to shut down the best small forward therefore releasing Mcveigh to provide an attacking option off the back flank.

NLM might get squeezed out as someone like Fletch can play small if we have Mal and Ryder back there.

According to the paper he only laid 1. I did watch the game but did not see much of davey.

Paper was wrong , just watched the game again and he got two frees for holding the ball to start with. You can add one more tackle to that and also a couple of times when he was the second player in to assist in the tackle.

Ok so we just drop someone wo despite what some people are saying wasnt terrible in the first round simply because you have doubts on him.

Please anyone do tell me what Bradley did wrong yesterday

He has done NOTHING!

Until he does something, then I will continue to call for his head.
If he plays a good game, I'll take notice and give credit where credit is due.

But as far as him being 'the next Fletcher', excuse me for being less than excited!

It's all good when we're winning, and he'll probably stay in the side, but he's still not god enough to play week in week out for Essendon.

We have this so called pressure for spots...lets see if it's true!

In the latest bomber mag it has a interview with bradley, he says that he prefers to play on the wing and the half foward flank. He said he will be played in those positions alot more than last year after his attempt at CHB.

Go in unchanged i say.
Kep while far from magnificent did enough to hold his spot.
Don't break up a winning team, especially one that beats Adelaide in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but I cringe whenever Kepler Bradley gets near the ball/goes for the ball... I just expect him to make a mistake, fumble, do something stupid and he rarely lets me down... I think his 'place' in the side will be even more under threat as the year passes by. I really don't think he brings a lot to the Essendon Football Club, I'd love to be proven wrong however.

I can't see there being any radical changes to the team this week - as much as I'm a non-Mark Bolton fan, I can see him coming in and perhaps taking Pavlich. If memory serves me correctly, he's played a couple of good games on Pavlich in the not too distant past. Hopefully Kepler Bradley is ommited. Ricky Dyson also might get a game - hard to see who he might replace though (Lovett-Murray?)...

I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but I cringe whenever Kepler Bradley gets near the ball/goes for the ball... I just expect him to make a mistake, fumble, do something stupid and he rarely lets me down... I think his 'place' in the side will be even more under threat as the year passes by. I really don't think he brings a lot to the Essendon Football Club, I'd love to be proven wrong however.

I can't see there being any radical changes to the team this week - as much as I'm a non-Mark Bolton fan, I can see him coming in and perhaps taking Pavlich. If memory serves me correctly, he's played a couple of good games on Pavlich in the not too distant past. Hopefully Kepler Bradley is ommited. Ricky Dyson also might get a game - hard to see who he might replace though (Lovett-Murray?)...

Bolton and playin in Defence dont Mix ;)

And you don't cringe with Watson's 'quality' possessions either?

Kepler will be better with this game under his belt as an open HBF or Winger.

And you don't cringe with Watson's 'quality' possessions either?

Kepler will be better with this game under his belt as an open HBF or Winger.

Yeah, how long has everyone been saying that now for? 3 years or so? This is the year Kepler has to stand up and deliver us something (and yes, I did see his 4 goal effort against the Lions last year, but come on... it wasn't very hard for anyone to score a goal that night!)... I'll believe it when I see it anyway. He'll never be a "winger" either for what it's worth...

NO CHANGE!

Why does there have to be a change? IMO Bradley played his role well last week as a back up ruckman. He deserves to keep his spot. Why are people so worried about Sandilands? If you watched their game last week yes he did get alot of the ball but his foot skills were shocking and continually turned the ball over. And if anyone noticed but Brogan port's ruckman was given the 5 votes as best on ground. I think hille and bradley rotating will be enough to cover sandilands.

On the backline i think you will find that it will all depend on who starts where. fletch to play on whoever up the ground and mal to play on whoever closer to goal. Mal may not even play on either, he may play on murphy (if he play that is) if both pav and taz play upfield. Ryder on Longmuir. Lovett-Murry for solomon. McPhee could take tarrent if both play up the ground.

As for the players out of the side, lets wait untill they have shown some dominent form for bendigo before being selected. By all reports dyson went well but his dispossal wasnt great. He would be the only player that could deserve to come in but there aint anyone that deserves to go out.

NO CHANGE!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back