Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

If a change can be made that will make the team better, then it should be made regardless if we won or loss on the weekend. Unless all 22 players had an exceptional game, then this option should always be looked at.

Just on something that has nothin to do with team changes.....

Was listening to Perth's 6PR tonight and they had Sheedy on the phone for 15 minutes having a chat. He was asked about Gumbleton and how he's going atm.

To my amazement,Sheeds said that Gumby looked very comfortable in the senior practice matches and has what it takes to play at league level.

Not from what I've seen so far Sheeds. In the WC game he looked far from ready to me. Sheedy must have been pulling their legs a bit.

I don't know why people continue to puch for Laycock this week. He is going to have very little effect on the game. Sandilands is too dominant. Let Laycock have the week off to get himself 100% right to play against Carlton, a game where he should have a huge impact due to Carlton's dud ruckmen.

IF there HAS to be a change, Bradley for Dyson. NLM had a worse match than Bradley, and many people have been calling for his head on this thread, but in reality, NLM is a far better player than Bradley.

Back to the ruck options, Ryder can ruck, lets say, the last 5 mins of each quarter and Hille can go on the bench to give him an extended break. There is no need for Hille to rest forward and clog the forward line with 3 talls (4 if you include Hird). Surely MM, Fletcher, NLM, Welsh and McVeigh can hold down the defensive positions for this time.

Paper was wrong , just watched the game again and he got two frees for holding the ball to start with. You can add one more tackle to that and also a couple of times when he was the second player in to assist in the tackle.

I haven't seen that mentioned on this board yet, our gang tackling was the most impressive it's been since 2001.

They chased and harassed every time the Crows had the ball.

Davey running from player to player as they handballed around,putting pressure on them was great to see.Lloyd wrapping up blokes like a gorilla.

Compared to last year where teams use to run straight through us,we look stronger and more desperate to tackle blokes.

Everyone's doing it, but I like how Slattery is leading the way in that dept.

Life's great when you win in rd 1:thumbsu: :)

i reckon we should win this week as well. we are cherry ripe, freo have a few guys out through injury and suspension and they are thinking about september not april.

it's a very good chance for us to go 2-0

Yea, I am quietly confident.

We have a very good record with them, we have won 4 of the past 5 - and they have only ever beaten us once in Melbourne, in 98 at VFL park.

They will miss Farmer, Johnson, Schammer and Dodd, playing at a venue they seldom play at, or win at against a team pretty much near full strength.

Paper was wrong , just watched the game again and he got two frees for holding the ball to start with. You can add one more tackle to that and also a couple of times when he was the second player in to assist in the tackle.

Ant robus, once again it shows that stats are overated. Good coaches don't need to refer to stats to guage whether the team is playing well. They can see it all out on the ground, team work + pressure = goals for.

mcpharlin is their full back. he will be playing on lloydy

sheeds won't put ryder on tarrant. the reason we picked up big mal is so that we don't have to play the young fellows on the best players.

paddy will man up on longmuir

then fletch and mal will rotate on tarrant and pavlich depending who is playing at full forward
yeah sorry i meant longmuir, wouldnt tarrent cut mal up on the lead though hes pace is worrying me?

the crows guys were looking over their shoulders in the second half. the pressure is what caused them to turn the ball over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wouldn't think that they will change the forward line setup after it worked so well on sunday.

i wouldn't mind one bit if we went unchanged however i reckon kepler may go out for either dyson or laycock (if 100% fit).

after watching the replay of the game today i reckon kepler fumbled or lost possession of the ball at least half a dozen times. i don't see how the papers said he no clangers.

and he didn't take any marks in the forward or defensive 50's. this was meant to be one of the advantages of having him play on the wing.

the crows guys were looking over their shoulders in the second half.
The pressure is what caused them to turn the ball over

Exactly....pressure the Freo pretenders at every op. They can't handle sustain constant harassment at all.....Port did that well against them.

Black was shown on Perth's news last night training well....but who cares about him.

Bell is the worry for em. He had bleeding in the calf in the Port game and they took him off for the entire 2nd half. If he does play,there's a chance he won't run riot as usual...probably won't play at all.

Hazelby is not the same player as a few years ago. Him and McManus get heaps of stats,but its just link-up kick to a contest stuff..no danger imo

Young Peake got lost in the Port game. Maybe playing rd 1 got him a bit stressed out? We have to watch him...maybe Winderlich om him to run him into the ground.

Pavlich is the giant we have to stop. He's the star goal kicker for Freo and you just can't let him mark the Sherrin. Big fists needed...Fletcher?

We will beat Freo. The Essendon home crowd will be a sight to see. Everyone excited after beating AFC and hanging out to see blokes that havn't been in the Essendon jumper before like Lloydy,Jetta and Mal ;)

Destroy the purple people....by 5 goals:thumbsu:

He has done NOTHING!

Until he does something, then I will continue to call for his head.
If he plays a good game, I'll take notice and give credit where credit is due.

But as far as him being 'the next Fletcher', excuse me for being less than excited!
It's all good when we're winning, and he'll probably stay in the side, but he's still not god enough to play week in week out for Essendon.

We have this so called pressure for spots...lets see if it's true!

This bit explained it all for me, you went along with the hype and thought he was something he wasnt so now unless he is a star everyweek he doesnt cut it:rolleyes:

I haven't seen that mentioned on this board yet, our gang tackling was the most impressive it's been since 2001.

Something they have done a lot of specialized training in so far this year ;)

Hey guys i no this has nothing to with Essendon but check out this email i received about the Ben Cousins incident with the girlfriend and chick/Embley. i wanted to share it with my bomber mates first

Just in case any of you are interested in footy gossip..

I know you guys all love when a sport star falls from grace like me and i have been following this with baited breath so:

This is what I've heard from my source.:

A guy I know was speaking to Tony THOMPSON today, who was with Sammy NEWMAN and I got the lowdown over Ben COUSINS.

Sam said that last week Ben COUSINS' ex girlfriend went to West Coast player Andrew EMBLEY's joint trying to find where COUSINS was living. EMBLEY who is one of COUSINS' best mate claimed he didn't know. EMBLEY's girlfriend was there and told COUSINS' girlfriend that EMBLEY knew and was lying. EMBLEY wimped it and said that COUSINS was living with Daniel CHICK. EMBLEY agreed to drive both girls to CHICK's address.

When they get! there they find CHICK and COUSINS in the raw with about 6 other girls and a table full of cocaine. CHICK cracked it with EMBLEY for bringing the girls around when he was supposed to keep the address a secret so he starts punching into EMBLEY. EMBLEY's missus starts punching into CHICK. COUSINS' girlfriend grabs the cocaine and throws about $20,000.00 worth out the window. She then starts punching into the tarts walking around with nothing on.

COUSINS is lying on the floor stoned off his head. COUSINS' girlfriend rings the club and the rest is history ....

Yeah, how long has everyone been saying that now for? 3 years or so? This is the year Kepler has to stand up and deliver us something (and yes, I did see his 4 goal effort against the Lions last year, but come on... it wasn't very hard for anyone to score a goal that night!)... I'll believe it when I see it anyway. He'll never be a "winger" either for what it's worth...

After one game on the wing with 15 possessions and spending a good deal of the game on the bench and he wont make it there either ?. How about we wait and see what happens. His bad year was last season. His first couple of years where good for a young bloke. Last year he was horrible playing on the key forwards. He isnt being asked to do that this year. Lets just see what he does over a few weeks.

Hey guys i no this has nothing to with Essendon but check out this email i received about the Ben Cousins incident with the girlfriend and chick/Embley. i wanted to share it with my bomber mates first

Just in case any of you are interested in footy gossip..

I know you guys all love when a sport star falls from grace like me and i have been following this with baited breath so:

This is what I've heard from my source.:

A guy I know was speaking to Tony THOMPSON today, who was with Sammy NEWMAN and I got the lowdown over Ben COUSINS.

Sam said that last week Ben COUSINS' ex girlfriend went to West Coast player Andrew EMBLEY's joint trying to find where COUSINS was living. EMBLEY who is one of COUSINS' best mate claimed he didn't know. EMBLEY's girlfriend was there and told COUSINS' girlfriend that EMBLEY knew and was lying. EMBLEY wimped it and said that COUSINS was living with Daniel CHICK. EMBLEY agreed to drive both girls to CHICK's address.

When they get! there they find CHICK and COUSINS in the raw with about 6 other girls and a table full of cocaine. CHICK cracked it with EMBLEY for bringing the girls around when he was supposed to keep the address a secret so he starts punching into EMBLEY. EMBLEY's missus starts punching into CHICK. COUSINS' girlfriend grabs the cocaine and throws about $20,000.00 worth out the window. She then starts punching into the tarts walking around with nothing on.

COUSINS is lying on the floor stoned off his head. COUSINS' girlfriend rings the club and the rest is history ....

Hoenstly why bother with this crap , to start with it is simply a hearsay rumour and secondly wtf post it in this thread :confused:

Hoenstly why bother with this crap , to start with it is simply a hearsay rumour and secondly wtf post it in this thread :confused:

sorry ant i did not mean to annoy u but i thought it might be interesting reading and i thought i would share with the people that i respect there opinions that all:eek:

sorry ant i did not mean to annoy u but i thought it might be interesting reading and i thought i would share with the people that i respect there opinions that all:eek:

Maybe in its own thread , it may interest some but to be honest i am really over the Eagles and drugs.
There the Eagles and their flying high :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back