Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. What if the outlined standard is greater than that of currently selected players?

If we're talking positioning as part of team defence, what about those 4 or 5 mids in this week's team who are too slow to make an impact on team defence? This is all conjecture at best, but it seems like the club makes a lot of noise about not giving draftees games.
Well that's the million dollar question isn't it. At what point do you cross that line?

I do go to the games and understand your point - Hill does work hard. But if we were rewarding for effort Masten wouldn't be East Perth.

Don't think you can compare Masten with Hill, miles apart skill wise.

If you watch West Coast live at the ground - not on the TV - you will see a very big difference between Hill and LeCras.

Hill continually chases and puts pressure on opponents trying to tackle wherever possible. LeCras does not.

Hill will float down to the backline, including being actually being on the goal line trying to stop an opposition goal, LeCras is too lazy to run past the centre circle.

Hill is also quicker than LeCras, is a stronger overhead mark and has a better weighted kick.

LeCras looks very disinterested to me and should have either been dropped to East Perth or rested. Hill has been used as the scapegoat because Cripps and LeCras are out of form with the latter's best playing days well and truly behind him - like Priddis.
I think Hill should have stayed in the team but ...

Hill going into the backline is a coaching decision and a personnel rotation. He doesn't make this decision out of the blue because he's trying harder. I'm not arguing that he doesn't try harder either but he changes his roles throughout games depending on the situation and instruction. Lecras' positioning isn't a laziness issue it's just him following a game plan.

I also think Lecras has the best weighted pass in the team, the only good point of his 0.3 games was his ball use.

No idea. I'd have thought the senior coach has the main voice since as you say he's the one who cops it if the team doesn't perform.

Scott Watters says hi. Wanted more control of the team, make a play for it. Sacked the next day.

You'd think its the norm at most clubs that the senior coaches true influence is tightly controlled. Its rare for a board to actually trust a believe in a coach 100% which is why in a way comparisons to Luke Beverage are a little unfair, at a club thats been so unsuccessful so long you really have to dedicate yourself to excellence at every level to break the drought. When you'd had success and have a legacy its a different proposition. Bevo might even be the only coach in the AFL with the freedom to drop senior players so far as we know. The flip side to this though is the Bulldogs identified the person whith the character to play the role that way, likely not the kind of personality the more secure and complacent clubs would even look for. I see Simmo as kind of more like team captain of an assistant coaches group. A lot of clubs take this approach by the looks. He's not really the boss, more first among equals.

Interesting read this, and a cautionary tale for modern coaches which I'm sure shrunk a lot of balls.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sacked-...r/news-story/29e884885103693a8a774391fc242038

No it didnt. I have no idea why this is constantly repeated on here. He played the Sydney game forward and had 19 disposals and 8 marks an kicked 2.1, plus we won. That's not a fail by any stretch.

I'm a big 'play Gov forward and ruck' supporter.

Tonight was another good example why.

I also like MacKenzie and Schofield in the side as they add defensive hardness, Barrass is also a talent.
Naitanui, Vardy and McGovern should be our ultimate ruck / forward menage e trois combination. NicNat and Vardy offer the ruck strength and McGovern offers forward, ruck and defensive flexibility.

McGovern playing forward of half way is a key though IMO. We have MacKenzie, Barrass and Schofield to handle down back and I really would like to see Darling play off a wing and drift forward more ala Riewaldt and Richo later in their careers.

Darling would kill it off a wing.

The most important change and the one we all want to see is an improvement on the level of intent/effort. No more going through the motions but a real desire to hunt the footy and apply genuine physical pressure to the opposition

If that happens the lack of personnel changes can be forgiven. If it doesn't then the loyalty shown to several players over recent weeks will be proven to be as misplaced as many supporters feel

It's up to the playing group to repay the faith because a lot of them have used up their credits. Some have gone into deficit and need to pay back the debt they owe
Fair to say the players responded tonight for the most part?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back