Changes vs Dogs - Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In from Gysberts (twice emergency, so you'd think he's next cab off the rank), McKenzie and Bail (if fit), Strauss (if needed) and almost certainy if reports from Casey are correct, Cheney. Possibly Miller.

Out ... Petterd and at least one other player/scapegoat. Hard to single any one player out, there were a lot of them off their game today. Rivers? Martin?

MacDonald will stay - not going to drop him for one bad game.

If he can't make it at VFL level at the moment why should he be rewarded with a spot in our starting 22 against the doggies?
Then only reason I have is that I don't want to see Miller or Johnson in the team they had their chances and failed. If they want to go on form then they should go with either Strauss, Cheney or Gysberts and go with no tall forwards at all.

In: Watts, Bail, McKenzie
Out: Petterd, Rivers, Martin

That just about sums up my thoughts on our changes for next week.

I think Watts would be useful in the sense that he would not only offer another tall option for us, but he is also a very athletic/skilful big man who could contribute to our run and carry-based gameplan.

Having said that, I'm not too sure he will come into the side given that his VFL form has not amazing in recent times.

Having said that, I'm not too sure he will come into the side given that his VFL form has not amazing in recent times.
Only the single goal in Casey's win against the 'Coast today.

Miller, on the other hand, had 3 despite starting in defence. Sometimes you have to reward form so we might see both Miller and Cheney next week.

Not sure that you should judge VFL performances purely by goals kicked.

Stef was kicking 3 a game before he was brought in, and look at the warm reception he's been given.

Watts hasn't been played as a goal kicker, so I'd be more interested to hear Gotch's report (although unfortunately he doesn't seem to be as honest a critic as German was)

Also, Miller's impact at VFL level rarely translates to anything at AFL level (and the same can be said for Juice)

Watts plays next week, he gets smashed by Lake on Friday night tv for all to see. He hasn't been great at Casey so far this season, and Bailey has continually said when form warrants it, he'll play in the seniors. Well, his form has been scratchy at best at Casey. Miller may get the nod this week, as much as it hurts me to say it. At least it's a strong body type who can compete against Lake. If Watts plays well next week for Casey, play him up at Darwin against Power. Away from home so less scrutiny by local media etc.

Watts plays next week, he gets smashed by Lake on Friday night tv for all to see. He hasn't been great at Casey so far this season, and Bailey has continually said when form warrants it, he'll play in the seniors. Well, his form has been scratchy at best at Casey. Miller may get the nod this week, as much as it hurts me to say it. At least it's a strong body type who can compete against Lake. If Watts plays well next week for Casey, play him up at Darwin against Power. Away from home so less scrutiny by local media etc.

Agreed, always wanted him to stay at Casey at least until after the Eagles game....for fairly obvious media-idiot related reasons

Edit: Sorry, agreed except for the Miller bit.

I cannot believe the words Juice or Miller were even mentioned around here.

They should never play another game for Melbourne. Ever.

That being said Rivers and Martin both had shockers and need to be dropped. So dissapointed in JR - Had a fantastic preseason and I hoped he would get back into his Rising Star form. Martin is nothing but a man-child to me, a la Tom Hawkins. Big bodied, but immature. Needs a lot of work. Should be in the ressies for a while yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Petterd (inj), Martin, Rivers, Bate

IN: McKenzie, Bail, Cheney, Miller (I know but at least he can take a mark and try to have a shot unlike Martin)

Reasons:
Petterd - Injured
Martin - Useless hack
Rivers - Just didn't do enough plus bulldogs don't have real tall fwd line
Bate - Played terrible and to make it worse his opponent was Hansen. Only got 8 touches to Hansen's 16 or something like that.
Should the North forwards who played on Bruce, Macdonald and Grimes then be dropped as they conceded more possessions to their opponents. Bate struggled today, but led all day, they just couldn't get it to him.

Also I think Grima was on Bate for large periods.

Re: Batram and Martin out

yep i would love to see cheny in. Reminds me of walshy. Martin was exposed badly, but watts didn't play well for casey. Batram plays As long as the team does...

and Petterd if injured. Watts, Maric and Morton(if fit) in, otherwise Cheney in

You're a goose. Watts is no chance, Morton hasn't played this year, Cheney is a backman and last time I loooked Petterd was a forward, Maric only if forms warrants it.

Let's not overreact with yesterdays loss, we played 1 and half quarters and lost by 26pts. Everything went right for them and there's a reason why norf are the NUMBER 1 side in the comp for goals from freekicks.

Umpiring didn't cost us but gee it was inconsistant.

Watts to stay at Casey for the year. Earn your spot young man.

do not bring in miller... we're looking to develop and become a strong side in the future...not just a temporary fix.

Miller is 30? i dont think he should play for melbourne anymore...bring in some young kid

Bartram plays a shutdown role not those high possie games...

Martin and Dunn out...and hopefully Bruce..

I must have watched a different game to you. Dunn was solid but not special and Bruce was in our top 5, was clearly our best defender .

Don't think there needs to be alot of changes!

Obviously Petterd will be out plus probably Matin!
The ins would be McKenzie & Johnson?
Possibly Cheney as well has been pretty good for a few weeks now
at Casey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back