Strategy Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of game Honey would have actually been very useful in. We need that tackling pressure, especially up forward. It's a real shame he's out IMO.

But if you watch , he is not a great tackler .
He has intent , but that's where it ends.

And he's had ample chances in previous years and hasn't taken them. He didn't take either opportunity this year either.

Disagree. Webb has never really been given a block of games in one position and a decent run at it IMO. Even Ayce got that.

Not sure it matters much. Likelihood is that he leaves at year's end IMO. Wouldn't blame him if he goes.

Shame. He reminds me of Gilbee in many ways.

Disagree. Webb has never really been given a block of games in one position and a decent run at it IMO. Even Ayce got that.

Not sure it matters much. Likelihood is that he leaves at year's end IMO. Wouldn't blame him if he goes.

Shame. He reminds me of Gilbee in many ways.
I agree he hasn't had a block, but I don't think he has deserved one.

I agree he hasn't had a block, but I don't think he has deserved one.

Neither have many others who have received blocks. Jong's game in rd 1 was as bad you'd see but he was retained. Honeys first game back was ordinary. Ayce had about 4 touches in 2 games in total and still got picked. Webb kicks a couple in starvation corner and is promptly dropped.

Unfortunately for Webb we have a lot of slowish mids and HBFs so he has often played fwd where his relative lack of pace and fwd defensive pressure is exposed.

Genuinely think he could be a very good HBF or possibly a winger

But as you say he hasn't shown it at the highest level yet. Gilbee's history was remarkably similar. Dominant mid exquisite kick at VFL but played out of position and repeatedly dropped before he eventually was put at HBF.

Just think Webb could be good and looms as a significant list management failure if he goes (which Gilbee would have done without a coach change). We still don't really know, he could be a Fuller. But I lean to something closer to the former.

Webb and Daniel stood out like dogs balls the first time I saw them live in a practice match against Melbourne in Ballarat IIRC. It's so rare for me to get a player completely wrong in thinking they are good and they turn out shit - admittedly I get a few wrong the other way round.

I'll track Webbs career with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back