Pendlebury. Libba
Mihocek. Naughton
Cox
DeGoey. Richards
Elliott. Weightman
Hoskin-Elliott. Smith
Mitchell.
Howe? JJ
When you line up the 2 injury lists both are significantly affected.

Is Mat Nichols playing?

Both outs are pretty even in terms of Caliber missing. It’s going to be a battle of depth, I’m pretty confident we have them covered.

The following Collingwood players are out:
Pendlebury
Mihocek
Cox
DeGoey
Elliott
Hoskin-Elliott
Mitchell
Howe??
You may not rate Reef Mcinnes or Joey Richards but they have been very good in recent weeks. Reef kicked 3 against Adelaide and a couple against the Eagles. Richards has been a revelation. Richards is definitely best 23 at the moment. Murphy is now off the list but was another who was considered a part of this year's squad and throw in McStay who will return later this year you can see it's a car wreck.

Out two VFL ruck men- one out for the year and the other not due back till round 19 or 20. With Coxy gone we have one ruckman in our club still standing. Carmichael has been out for weeks with concussion issues and Demattia ( our number one draft pick) is just returning (played 2 games) after missing months with a thumb injury.

That's what the media and other supporters often miss. The players who are next in line are injured too.

You may not rate Reef Mcinnes or Joey Richards but they have been very good in recent weeks. Reef kicked 3 against Adelaide and a couple against the Eagles. Richards has been a revelation. Richards is definitely best 23 at the moment. Murphy is now off the list but was another who was considered a part of this year's squad and throw in McStay who will return later this year you can see it's a car wreck.

Out two VFL ruck men- one out for the year and the other not due back till round 19 or 20. With Coxy gone we have one ruckman in our club still standing. Carmichael has been out for weeks with concussion issues and Demattia ( our number one draft pick) is just returning (played 2 games) after missing months with a thumb injury.

That's what the media and other supporters often miss. The players who are next in line are injured too.
Why are you here complaining about injuries?

The dogs are missing half their best 12 players. Some of those you mentioned are on par with Anthony Scott. Role players at best.

The dogs are missing half their best 12 players. Some of those you mentioned are on par with Anthony Scott. Role players at best.
He's not complaining about injuries, he's just saying there are some other reasonable players that could be added to my list, which is a fair comment

I saw the list and explained more players are missing. Is Scott best 23 if all are available? Joe Richards is right now. Reef is on the cusp and McStay is another. Just because it's long term is irrelevant. He's a huge loss and will be back later this year. Mcstay, Degoey, Elliott, Pendles, Cox, Hoskin Elliott, Mitchell and Richards would all play in our best line up. Which one is on a par with Scott?

He's not complaining about injuries, he's just saying there are some other reasonable players that could be added to my list, which is a fair comment
Fair enough.

Seems to be the vibe from the general Collingwood faithful though.

One even said it will be an asterisk if the dogs win ... lol

I saw the list and explained more players are missing. Is Scott best 23 if all are available? Joe Richards is right now. Reef is on the cusp and McStay is another. Just because it's long term is irrelevant. He's a huge loss and will be back later this year. Mcstay, Degoey, Elliott, Pendles, Cox, Hoskin Elliott, Mitchell and Richards would all play in our best line up. Which one is on a par with Scott?
Hoskin-Elliott and Cox are awful.

McStay's best attribute is being tall.

Mitchell is on the slide.

You're basing this purely on numbers and not full quality. There is enough quality in collingwood's team this week.

Very few of those players are in their top handful. You're looking for underdog status which you don't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoskin-Elliott and Cox are awful.

McStay's best attribute is being tall.

Mitchell is on the slide.

You're basing this purely on numbers and not full quality. There is enough quality in collingwood's team this week.

Very few of those players are in their top handful. You're looking for underdog status which you don't have.
Wow. Sorry, but you exposed your ignorance. Football followers are more astute than that. WHE is one of the first selected each week and plays a Mr. Fix it role to perfection. He never misses when fit. He is playing in the reigning premier's side. What do you think that might indicate?

McStay was excellent in the two tight finals he played in. Without him we don't make it to the grand final. He was also rated as the player who had the most score involvements in the entire competition leading into the finals and including the two games he played. David King was raving about him on SEN.

Mitchell was in the best three players on the ground on Grand final day. Not bad for somebody on the slide.

And Cox bashing has been a pastime for ignorant fans for years. If you don't see his value to the side then that reveals a blind spot in your footy smarts. Without Cox we don't have a premiership cup with 2023 stamped on it.

Wow. Sorry, but you exposed your ignorance. Football followers are more astute than that. WHE is one of the first selected each week and plays a Mr. Fix it role to perfection. He never misses when fit. He is playing in the reigning premier's side. What do you think that might indicate?

McStay was excellent in the two tight finals he played in. Without him we don't make it to the grand final. He was also rated as the player who had the most score involvements in the entire competition leading into the finals and including the two games he played. David King was raving about him on SEN.

Mitchell was in the best three players on the ground on Grand final day. Not bad for somebody on the slide.

And Cox bashing has been a pastime for ignorant fans for years. If you don't see his value to the side then that reveals a blind spot in your footy smarts. Without Cox we don't have a premiership cup with 2023 stamped on it.
Yes yes ... everyone at Collingwood is great. Needed to get your excuses in early, not sure why.

Isn't there a mid season draft coming up?
Any chance in Collingwood picking up Trent Bianco?
Be a great pick up for them. Pretty sure he already has the shorts and socks.

Isn't there a mid season draft coming up?
Any chance in Collingwood picking up Trent Bianco?
Be a great pick up for them. Pretty sure he already has the shorts and socks.
I think they'd have other targets.

Plus we pick before them.

Hopefully we pick someone else ... but it's only for 6 months so whatever

Collingwood supporters started off cautious but now their injury list dwarfs ours and both Daicos will smash us

I always enjoy your pessimism. Reminds me so much of my fatalistic grandmother when it comes to the Dogs telling me 'they bloody better not lose again'.

Pendles out now, so come on Dogs, got to nail the next three weeks Collingwood, Brisvegas, Freo. Win all three and then go all lion v wildebeest on North.

I always enjoy your pessimism. Reminds me so much of my fatalistic grandmother when it comes to the Dogs telling me 'they bloody better not lose again'.

Pendles out now, so come on Dogs, got to nail the next three weeks Collingwood, Brisvegas, Freo. Win all three and then go all lion v wildebeest on North.
They bloody better not lose again 👊

We have come up against several 'undermanned' teams in recent times and failed miserably. Collingwood is not to be underestimated despite their outs. They are masters at the close finishes and we will have to play to the best of our ability to beat them.

From Pies POV there is a point about stacking injuries for players that play similar positions. It's not just linear addition, or impacting depth - there seems to be a cost to having players play more important roles that they're unaccustomed too, or the act of having to search deeper means that the loss of a player is multiplied.

Maybe we can say something like losing Bailey Smith to injury on average is more costly than losing Rory Lobb (for example). But with Naughton also out injured, a Lobb injury would be more critical, and it's actually better for team structure that it's Lobb that's playing this game, not Smith.

We're missing a lot of talented players, but not really two in the same position. Maybe Richards and Libba as onballers, but that's it. Naughton's injured, but not Jamarra, Darcy or Lobb (or English) Weightman's injured, but not West, Garcia, or Clarke/Jones should we pick them. Johannisen's injured, but not Dale or Bramble. Coffield is injured, but not O'Donnell (this week), Khamis, Williams should we pick them.

We have our injuries too, but Hoskin-Elliot, Elliott, Mihocek, Cox and maybe McInness adds up for the Pies. They'll not only be fielding a weak team on paper, they'll also have poor players taking important roles.

After today’s bevo press conference it seems logical the changes of Lobb & JOd and with Scott going down McNeil is the only logical & safe choice.
We should win this one if we are any chance of playing finals.
Thoughts guys?

After today’s bevo press conference it seems logical the changes of Lobb & JOd and with Scott going down McNeil is the only logical & safe choice.
We should win this one if we are any chance of playing finals.
Thoughts guys?
Outside of being a crumbing forward, McNeil should never be played in the AFL side again

We have come up against several 'undermanned' teams in recent times and failed miserably. Collingwood is not to be underestimated despite their outs. They are masters at the close finishes and we will have to play to the best of our ability to beat them.

Exactly. This is a chance to redeem some of that lost credibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back