Prediction R12 Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the story with tickets for Friday night against Pies? Have they been sold out? Any news.
Been sold out for months. Have had work colleagues trying to get them like 4-5 weeks ago, nothing. Tixel or FB Marketplace is the way to go.

What's the story with tickets for Friday night against Pies? Have they been sold out? Any news.

Remember this one is a Pies home game and they can’t fit their member reserves so it will be sold out but will only get around 42,000 come the night as holders wont all turn up etc.

They should be playing us at the G.

Remember this one is a Pies home game and they can’t fit their member reserves so it will be sold out but will only get around 42,000 come the night as holders wont all turn up etc.

They should be playing us at the G.
Collingwood always play 2 home games a year at Docklands (and one vs a Victorian team), it's written into various contracts and part of the trade-off they do to basilly guarantee psuedo-neutral games when they're sometimes the designated Away team for Anzac Day, as well as their other away games against clubs that theoretically have some Docklands home stadium games (Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton. St Kilda wants to play MCG vs Carlton there too).

Pies fans to their credit consistently show up to these games, unlike Hawks, Tigers and Dees fans, who piss and moan about it not being the MCG despite it still being a accessible, modern stadium. It also costs them home ground advantage, fewer fans to boo the umpire when they make a bad decision.

All in all, despite locking out Dogs fans who want to attend an away game, the fact it also locks out tens of thousands of Pies fans, plus played to our ground's dimensions, its probably worth about 2 points of HGA - a not insignificant amount and the difference between about your 14th best player being injured or not.

Is Crofts highlights package priming us for a debut?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Would not be surprised if Bevo throws the kid a game or 2 in Naughton's absence. Obviously Lobb is the obvious choice but if he wants to leave the club Crofty might get a guernsey to fast track 2025.

I believe away game members can still scan-in on Friday night if they arrive early enough. Is anyone else in the same boat or able to confirm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't our home game 'sold out' v. the Pies last year as well and only 40k rocked up? The Pies game against Port should have been their 2nd game at Marvel for the year, not this one.

I actually saw Busslinger on Saturday. He will be the Bulldogs Sicily. Top defender without the nastiness. Looks the goods, imho.
Without going too early on a bloke that has yet to debut, I could see him as a future Leader if we can keep him. I met him a couple of times at Family days and I was super impressed. The way he speaks in team meetings is also very impressive

Without going too early on a bloke that has yet to debut, I could see him as a future Leader if we can keep him. I met him a couple of times at Family days and I was super impressed. The way he speaks in team meetings is also very impressive
Where have the rumours of him leaving come from and why would he leave? More$$ ?

I rarely post these days but this is a curious thread. Fwiw, I suspect O’Donnell and Lobb will play. We’ll see what happens tomorrow night but I agree with those suggesting that a debut for Bianco is a possibility (wearing the coveted No. 41?).

Is it just me or is our injury list reminiscent of late H&A 2016? I can’t remember having so many key in-form players sidelined since then. Literally one-third of our best 18 have several/many/TBC weeks listed against their name and you get the feeling that some of those numbers will quietly creep out.

The last quarter against Sydney was the most enjoyable quarter I’ve attended in a while… despite the result. It was initially bizarre the way Bevo pulled Bont from the on-ballers and ushered him to the forward huddle, but clearly it was a last-gasp attempt to claw our way back into a game that had slipped away. The gauntlet was thrown down for the three R(iley)s and Harvey offering them a “this is your stage, the future is now” moment they grasped and played out of their skins.

Depth is our problem at hand. Lots of suggestions to bring in players who I don’t see having performed consistently in the VFL. Busslinger and Croft aside as they develop, too many of our mid-sized ‘role-players’ go missing far too often at VFL level and would get absolutely pantsed against (even an injury plagued) Collingwood. Baker looks somewhat competent in the ones and is the obvious in for me.

Thanks for reading this scatterbrain post – just wanted to express some thoughts

TL;DR
  • O’Donnell, Lobb, Baker/Bianco in
  • Injuries remind me of a time…
  • Cupboard is bare but I’ve love how the kids are stepping up.

Where have the rumours of him leaving come from and why would he leave? More$$ ?

My understanding is West Coast have a fair amount of Cap space becoming free soon with McGovern, Yeo, Barrass and others nearing the end. Their Defense is still heavily reliant on the veterans, and they (West Coast fans) perceive Buss is not been given an opportunity and may be keen to go home. Not many of the posts I have read acknowledge the shoulder issues in the 1st year.

My understanding is West Coast have a fair amount of Cap space becoming free soon with McGovern, Yeo, Barrass and others nearing the end. Their Defense is still heavily reliant on the veterans, and they (West Coast fans) perceive Buss is not been given an opportunity and may be keen to go home. Not many of the posts I have read acknowledge the shoulder issues in the 1st year.
Hmmm hopefully no solid basis to the rumours then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back