Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Harmes a handy in then for West. Ideally Harmes would be our sub come finals time, I think he would suit that role with his versatility and he has typically been a lower TOG% burst type player the last few years. Probably needs the full game this week though to get his fitness and touch back. If West is back and we make finals, sub choice out of Macrae, Harmes, Caleb etc if all in the squad will be interesting.

Harmes a handy in then for West. Ideally Harmes would be our sub come finals time, I think he would suit that role with his versatility and he has typically been a lower TOG% burst type player the last few years. Probably needs the full game this week though to get his fitness and touch back. If West is back and we make finals, sub choice out of Macrae, Harmes, Caleb etc if all in the squad will be interesting.
I'd have Harmes as a certain finals starter if his body is right. A proven finals performer with a hard edge should be in our 22 despite solid form of guys like McNeil & VDM.

If he plays a full game this week then 3 games (plus a possible bye week) is plenty for his body to be up to scratch for a high intensity game.

I'd have Harmes as a certain finals starter if his body is right. A proven finals performer with a hard edge should be in our 22 despite solid form of guys like McNeil & VDM.

If he plays a full game this week then 3 games (plus a possible bye week) is plenty for his body to be up to scratch for a high intensity game.
I'd argue we might need Harmes this week

This game will be won or lost in the contest. Both midfields have strong experience players, plus a small ground, windy conditions, high stakes and two teams that dislike each other with lot of history in a short time.

Hope the dogs have a bring it on attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Aaron Naughton’s headband out and a new haircut brought in.

Players spend so much time training to get a competitive advantage and then he goes and wears something that needs constant adjustment after every involvement.

Didn’t really mind it to begin with but surely now it’s past novelty and someone needs to give him a tap on the shoulder.

I agree but can see Bevo being a bit gun-shy after how Clarke played against Hawthorn
While he fluffed a couple of kicks his attack in the contest was good and for a brilliant tackle from Day he would have kicked a nice goal.
I have stated on here many times of plenty of not only good players but great players have had poor first games. I think I even read Kade Simpson had no possession in his first 3 games.

In saying that I’d bring harmes in anyway.

I reckon we'll move McNeil further forward into West's role and bring Harmes in to play physical on Whitfield.

Whitfield is their most damaging user and can cut teams apart if left alone, but doesn't really like the hard stuff.
Part of me wants Harmes to come in specifically to get into Toady.

Worked last time.

Apart from Greene, yeah to him going to Whitfield.

I would like to see Aaron Naughton’s headband out and a new haircut brought in.

Players spend so much time training to get a competitive advantage and then he goes and wears something that needs constant adjustment after every involvement.

Didn’t really mind it to begin with but surely now it’s past novelty and someone needs to give him a tap on the shoulder.

How about a compromise - he's allowed to keep the headband but has to butt-glue it to his forehead, so it doesn't move around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Giants RD 24 - Huge game @ Mars Stadium - Sun 25 Aug 12:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back