Unofficial Preview Changes vs Hawks (Team in OP, Moore and Maynard to debut! Sack out inj. Seed omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post on this board often and don't think I've ever directly questioned the opinions of others re selection, but you guys are mad.

After playing the best game of his career and adding some polish to the consistent, bullish efforts he has produced, you want to drop DeGoey?

We expect alot as supporters, but they can't all be elite mids getting 30+ touches. Jordy is developing and improving every week and should be given the opportunity to continue to do so until someone else shows enough to demand his spot in the team. He has done nothing to deserve being dropped, there are a handful of poorer performances deserving your scrutiny and they are from much more experienced individuals.

I don't care if I'm being biased, everyone knows I was the first to be #Gooey4DeGoey :hearts:

I like your passion and you make some good points.

Out: de Goey, Goldsack
In: Greenwood, Reid

Out: Goldsack, Seedsman, Broomhead/Blair
In: Reid, Greeenwood, Grundy

I agree with these, although Goldsack is no chance to be dropped, and I wouldn't drop Blair at this stage. And as I much love The Seed, he is playing very poorly.

Don't agree with the calls to drop DeGoey. And not just cause Morganashlee told me to say that. He was good last night, and needs time in the side. Great signs for mine.

Out: Goldsack, Seedsman, Broomhead/Blair
In: Reid, Greeenwood, Grundy

Neither is Seedsman, but that doesn't seem to matter.
Were you watching the same game? Yes he faded a bit in the second half, but he is one of our cleanest players and his disposal is as good as any. 9 tackles shows he doing the job defensively as well.

In: Reid, Greenwood
(don't think grundy will be right yet)
Out: Goldsack, seedsman

Frost is lucky he is so good defensively because he offers nothing on rebound and fumbles like no other when the ball is on the ground.

Might have to eat my words on a few players this week based on last nights game.
Not all outs have to happen straight away but it's what I would like to see by the end of the season.

Out

White - Can't get away with "just drawing a man away from Cloke" for any longer. That late miss last night was the nail in his coffin. Look to Reid and past that, give Moore a crack.

EDIT: I can't reiterate enough how much I despise this bloke.... Absolute **** of a footballer. Sorry Jessie, you're probably a good bloke.... The fact you also share the name of my c@#$ ex-gf might have something to do with it too.

Goldsack - Love the bloke... always have but the fumbles are getting too much. The rest of the club seems to have lifted their skill level and against good sides, fumbles will earn you a loss. Cost us a goal late with a dropped mark that really bit us hard.

Toovey - Like Goldy, love him but his skill levels have gone backwards and I just don't feel comfortable when he goes near the ball. It's a tough one because he is a good lock down defender and dropping him may mean opposition smalls get off the chain a bit but small term pain for long term gain is the view here.

Seedsman - A mate of mine had a running gag that Seedsman was actually God. Every time he'd turn it over or drop a mark it was "all part of God's plan". Unfortunately, i've since become an atheist and God is no longer part of Collingwood's plan. Look to trade at the end of the year while he still has some value.

Langdon - Have been pretty vocal in other threads recently that this kid is a damn good footballer and needed to be cut some slack. Unfortunately, last night I saw what cutting players slack can do in tight contests. Needs a rest big time.... His lack of foot speed has never really been an issue but couple that with his lackadaisical attitude and we have a problem. Back in the VFL to get some urgency into the kid.

In

Reid
- First change.... If he's going to injure himself, it may as well be in the seniors where he belongs. An injured Reid is better than a fully fit White.

Scharenberg - Has been absolutely killing it in the VFL. Top 10 pick. Not much more to say.... Give him a go!!

Maynard - Like Scharenberg, he'll be a part of the next premiership push.... Not Toovey. Give him a crack to see what he's made of.

Freeman/Abbott - Either, either. Freeman is a top 10 pick who can break the lines. Think Patty Dangerfield. Abbott has X factor and the body of a 10 year veteran. Give them a crack....

Marsh - Like Shaz and Maynard, has demonstrated he can play. Would love to see his speed rebounding off the backline.

Grundy - Obvious. He's better than Witts but that doesn't mean Witts is bad... In fact, i think he's very good. So depending on the opposition and whether we need two rucks will decide whether Witts plays or not. I don't think we'll be able to carry both into the future as one of them won't be happy with being 2nd ruck.

In contention

Greenwood
- Has to come in but who for?! My thoughts in the pre season would be that he would be starting in the middle but then Adams and Crisp took their chance and I honestly can't see where Levi fits here. Too good not to be in the team though.

Moore - Look to get a few games in the seniors before the end of the season. It's a tough one as to where he will play with Cloke/Reid forward and Brown/Frost down back. Out of those 4, I think he pushes Frost out which is terribly unlucky for Jack. Moore would just provide better foot skills out of the back line.

We are in a bloody good place list wise at the moment. I'd hate to be in charge of delisting/trading this year.
Gault, Young, White, Seed are the obvious ones to move on in my opinion. From there, it gets very hard.

Seedsman - A mate of mine had a running gag that Seedsman was actually God. Every time he'd turn it over or drop a mark it was "all part of God's plan". Unfortunately, i've since become an atheist and God is no longer part of Collingwood's plan. Look to trade at the end of the year while he still has some value.

Way too harsh.

Might have to eat my words on a few players this week based on last nights game.
Not all outs have to happen straight away but it's what I would like to see by the end of the season.

Out

White - Can't get away with "just drawing a man away from Cloke" for any longer. That late miss last night was the nail in his coffin. Look to Reid and past that, give Moore a crack.

EDIT: I can't reiterate enough how much I despise this bloke.... Absolute **** of a footballer. Sorry Jessie, you're probably a good bloke.... The fact you also share the name of my c@#$ ex-gf might have something to do with it too.

Goldsack - Love the bloke... always have but the fumbles are getting too much. The rest of the club seems to have lifted their skill level and against good sides, fumbles will earn you a loss. Cost us a goal late with a dropped mark that really bit us hard.

Toovey - Like Goldy, love him but his skill levels have gone backwards and I just don't feel comfortable when he goes near the ball. It's a tough one because he is a good lock down defender and dropping him may mean opposition smalls get off the chain a bit but small term pain for long term gain is the view here.

Langdon - Have been pretty vocal in other threads recently that this kid is a damn good footballer and needed to be cut some slack. Unfortunately, last night I saw what cutting players slack can do in tight contests. Needs a rest big time.... His lack of foot speed has never really been an issue but couple that with his lackadaisical attitude and we have a problem. Back in the VFL to get some urgency into the kid.

In

Reid
- First change.... If he's going to injure himself, it may as well be in the seniors where he belongs. An injured Reid is better than a fully fit White.

Scharenberg - Has been absolutely killing it in the VFL. Top 10 pick. Not much more to say.... Give him a go!!

Maynard - Like Scharenberg, he'll be a part of the next premiership push.... Not Toovey. Give him a crack to see what he's made of.

Freeman/Abbott - Either, either. Freeman is a top 10 pick who can break the lines. Think Patty Dangerfield. Abbott has X factor and the body of a 10 year veteran. Give them a crack....

Marsh - Like Shaz and Maynard, has demonstrated he can play. Would love to see his speed rebounding off the backline.

Grundy - Obvious. He's better than Witts but that doesn't mean Witts is bad... In fact, i think he's very good. So depending on the opposition and whether we need two rucks will decide whether Witts plays or not. I don't think we'll be able to carry both into the future as one of them won't be happy with being 2nd ruck.

In contention

Greenwood
- Has to come in but who for?! My thoughts in the pre season would be that he would be starting in the middle but then Adams and Crisp took their chance and I honestly can't see where Levi fits here. Too good not to be in the team though.

Moore - Look to get a few games in the seniors before the end of the season. It's a tough one as to where he will play with Cloke/Reid forward and Brown/Frost down back. Out of those 4, I think he pushes Frost out which is terribly unlucky for Jack. Moore would just provide better foot skills out of the back line.

We are in a bloody good place list wise at the moment. I'd hate to be in charge of delisting/trading this year.
Gault, Young, White, Seed are the obvious ones to move on in my opinion. From there, it gets very hard.
I think this is a long term prospect over the course of the year, would also include White. Won't happen overnight but hopefully all your listed ins are playing the last few rounds of the season together even if it's just to gain experience.

Way too harsh.

Don't get me wrong... He's very serviceable but it really depends which Paul turns up on the day.
When he first started, I put it down to youth and always believed he would get more consistent as he grew older.
Truth is, he hasn't. This year is proof.... Anzac Day to last day is a HUGE gap in output. I realise he only played a quarter of footy last night but I saw enough.

I think this is a long term prospect over the course of the year, would also include White. Won't happen overnight but hopefully all your listed ins are playing the last few rounds of the season together even if it's just to gain experience.

Absolutely over the season. I mentioned that at the beginning of my post :)
We have a lot to be optimistic about.
I mean, the majority of the outs listed are good quality players. I just think we have potential guns waiting in the wings that need to be exposed sooner. The only one i'd wait a bit longer for is Moore as we don't really have an issue with our bookends once Reid comes in for White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong... He's very serviceable but it really depends which Paul turns up on the day.
When he first started, I put it down to youth and always believed he would get more consistent as he grew older.
Truth is, he hasn't. This year is proof.... Anzac Day to last day is a HUGE gap in output. I realise he only played a quarter of footy last night but I saw enough.

He's definitely down on form since ANZAC Day but unless I'm mistaken, he was dropped to the VFL but came back as an emergency for Grundy that week, so hasn't actually spent any time in the seconds since his form slump. He needs a couple of weeks in the VFL to regain some touch. Suggesting he needs a trade out is a knee jerk reaction, he's still developing and when he's on he provides a heap of drive forward. He's not afraid to take the game on, and sometimes he's the only one who will take a chance. Yes, it doesn't always come off but the intent and attitude is there.

No trade.

I would also like to extend my sincerest apologies to Fas.
Seems to have gone away and worked on his 'tude.
playing for the team, running hard and providing high energy. Disappeared in the 2nd half last night but his first quarter especially was fantastic.

Deserves to celebrate like a millionaire now with all the other work he's putting in.

He's definitely down on form since ANZAC Day but unless I'm mistaken, he was dropped to the VFL but came back as an emergency for Grundy that week, so hasn't actually spent any time in the seconds since his form slump. He needs a couple of weeks in the VFL to regain some touch. Suggesting he needs a trade out is a knee jerk reaction, he's still developing and when he's on he provides a heap of drive forward. He's not afraid to take the game on, and sometimes he's the only one who will take a chance. Yes, it doesn't always come off but the intent and attitude is there.

No trade.

Respect your opinion just as you should mine.
I hope you're right but I'm just thinking long term.
If he was the kicker in a trade for Treloar, i'm positive you would take it.

Following tonights game a few looked a little off. Sidebottom seems to be struggling with his thumb, a couple of one arm efforts throughout the last half. Goldsack kept on dropping marks but led the team on spoils, Seedsman despite a legendary goal had a few too many fumbles, Brown was good on pavlich but again... the fumbles, langdon got better as the game went on... but has been down from his best.

Don't envy the selectors jobs, but i think just like Faz has rebounded from some time in the VFL, Seedsman and Goldsack might benefit from some time there, potentially even langdon. Are the potential replacements ready to come in? and are they like for like replacements?

In: Reid, Greenwood if ready
Out: Seedsman, Goldsack

we lose a little speed with his move, Reid and Greenwood aren't quite the same pace as seeds/goldsack.

Alternatively:

In: Reid, Marsh, Greenwood

Out: Seedsman, Goldsack and Langdon.

So happy our Match Committee doesn't follow recommendations from this board... reckon about 10 blokes are OUT for next week, after we lost to the ladder leaders by 7 points on their home deck! Ridiculous!

The only one for me who looks a definite out due to being woefully out of form is the Seed... God knows what has happened since Anzac Day!

de Goey played a decent role last night. I'm not sure why some of you are calling for him to be dropped? :drunk:

The only person that should be dropped is Seedsman. He is clearly out of form and may need a run or two in the magoos. White has to stay for structural reasons. Blair was also important last night.

Greenwood and Reid will come in you would think. Greenwood for Seedsman and Reid for maybe Goldsack?

We aren't winning a flag this year. This year is about the kids. Don't be crazy and call for their heads. Instead, throw them up against the best. I can't wait to see de Goey against the Hawfies midfield. He is a beast and will give it his all.

Drop De Goey?!?

I'd be dropping Broomhead - has barely been sighted, goes missing too often. If Greenwood slots in as an onballer then De Goey has the luxury of being slightly outside if needs be.

And yes Reid for Goldsack in a heartbeat.

de Goey played a decent role last night. I'm not sure why some of you are calling for him to be dropped? :drunk:

The only person that should be dropped is Seedsman. He is clearly out of form and may need a run or two in the magoos. White has to stay for structural reasons. Blair was also important last night.

Greenwood and Reid will come in you would think. Greenwood for Seedsman and Reid for maybe Goldsack?

We aren't winning a flag this year. This year is about the kids. Don't be crazy and call for their heads. Instead, throw them up against the best. I can't wait to see de Goey against the Hawfies midfield. He is a beast and will give it his all.

Haven't read the entire thread but people are calling for him to be dropped?!!!
What the actual f@#$!!?

I would also like to extend my sincerest apologies to Fas.
Seems to have gone away and worked on his 'tude.
playing for the team, running hard and providing high energy. Disappeared in the 2nd half last night but his first quarter especially was fantastic.

Deserves to celebrate like a millionaire now with all the other work he's putting in.
Also his stint on the backline has made him a better player.

Haven't read the entire thread but people are calling for him to be dropped?!!!
What the actual f@#$!!?

Yes they are. It's a bit crazy. Give the kid a chance.

Morganashlee there are some de Goey lovers out there. ;)

So this is how the Hawks game will pan out

We are in the game till half time. Bruest & Gunston get 3-4 goals between in the 3rd quarter (most from the back of the pack running into open goals), Pupolo takes a scream over Toovey on an angle and kicks another goal. Hale lumbers after a high ball and takes a pack mark running the opposite direction. At this point Roughie is well held.

At the end of the 3rd quarter both Hodge & sniper (Mitchell) are getting easy ball (in the backline unattended) like a cheap hooker, both nearing 30 possies each. Hodge kicks a clincher late after 3rd man up Lewis gets involved.

Last qtr starts we get an early goal, 10 mins in a high ball into our backline, Rioli goes manic, Goldsack panics Rioli gathers hand balls quickly to Bruest who kicks his 4th for the game. From the 15th minute mark long balls into our forward line whilst Gibson & Lake continue to take uncontested marks on the last line. A late goal from Mitchell has them winning 123 to 83.

BOG, Mitchell with 38 possies, Hodge with 31, Bruest with 4 goals, Gunston with 3, Rioli with 13 possies but media have him in the best players.

Point being no use dropping the like of Degoey, Ox, Broomhead etc and bringing back Young & keep playing Goldsack, Seedsman etc, we need to stick to our new team and the kids to see how we stand up, even though we might lose, we need to do something different to the last 4-5 years against poo & wee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back