Preview Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May out, Petty to FB.

Jefferson isn't ready and I doubt he gets more than 5 touches but why not give him a run now that our season is cooked? Give him a taste of AFL and see if he doesn't work his backside off in the pre-season to make something of his talent.

OUT: May, Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Lever, Petty
IN: Verrall, Fullarton, Laurie, Jefferson, K.Brown, Hore

All the outs off for surgery. Just play the rest, try and find out about a few. All about 2025 now.

All the outs off for surgery. Just play the rest, try and find out about a few. All about 2025 now.
Don’t mind it. Season is done so why not. I guess my only thing with it is if the player doesn’t need surgery then probably play them. Not sure if Petty needs surgery and seems to be only finding some form now. Lever had mid season surgery and seems to struggle off injury so not sure if he’s up for more. Gawn has a broken bone so yeah rest him up. Viney is well off also. Was carrying a calf. But yeah give the other guys a crack now. But boy will we get smashed with those changes.

Don’t mind it. Season is done so why not. I guess my only thing with it is if the player doesn’t need surgery then probably play them. Not sure if Petty needs surgery and seems to be only finding some form now. Lever had mid season surgery and seems to struggle off injury so not sure if he’s up for more. Gawn has a broken bone so yeah rest him up. Viney is well off also. Was carrying a calf. But yeah give the other guys a crack now. But boy will we get smashed with those changes.

If they don't need surgery then they can concentrate on getting their body 100% for preseason. Rest of 2024 is meaningless for them now. I have a feeling that Petty and Lever might need 'clean up' procedures, just based off how quickly they came back, how they've looked physically since. Didn't know about Viney's calf, thought it was more his shoulder that was the issue.

Petty and Clarry both had limited preseasons so even if surgery not needed I'd be keen to see them catch up on that now and start preseason in peak fitness rather than behind the 8 ball already.

Pretty aligned with others on here. Doubt it happens but positive thinking...

Out: Gawn, May, Oliver, Viney, Lever (Get ready for 2025)

In: Jefferson, Fullarton, Verrall, K Brown & Hore

Petty and Turner back to cover May and Lever
Verrall into Ruck with Fullarton switching
Hore in to give McVee midfield minutes
Let Kynan start the game FFS

If they don't need surgery then they can concentrate on getting their body 100% for preseason. Rest of 2024 is meaningless for them now. I have a feeling that Petty and Lever might need 'clean up' procedures, just based off how quickly they came back, how they've looked physically since. Didn't know about Viney's calf, thought it was more his shoulder that was the issue.

Petty and Clarry both had limited preseasons so even if surgery not needed I'd be keen to see them catch up on that now and start preseason in peak fitness rather than behind the 8 ball already.
I heard Viney was carrying a calf around mid year. His rest over the bye seemed to give him a boost but has fallen away a bit. Clarry I think might need hand surgery. So yeah get him sorted. Agree though anyone needing any sort of surgery needs to get it sorted now.

I heard Viney was carrying a calf around mid year. His rest over the bye seemed to give him a boost but has fallen away a bit. Clarry I think might need hand surgery. So yeah get him sorted. Agree though anyone needing any sort of surgery needs to get it sorted now.

Viney also has his shoulder that he seems to collapse and grab every second match he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laurie has more than enough opportunities and just dont think he is good enough. Rather persist with Howes, Woewodin and Brown hopefully providing something to work with moving forward.

Laurie has more than enough opportunities and just dont think he is good enough. Rather persist with Howes, Woewodin and Brown hopefully providing something to work with moving forward.
I'm not a fan of Laurie at all, reckon he's as vanilla as it gets, and agree he's had opportunities - Just think if we were too ship off all those players to get right for preseason then might as well bring him in, not much else out there atm.

May out, Petty to FB.

Jefferson isn't ready and I doubt he gets more than 5 touches but why not give him a run now that our season is cooked? Give him a taste of AFL and see if he doesn't work his backside off in the pre-season to make something of his talent.
We don't want to win this week. play Tomo, TMc, and Lever back.
We shouldn't win again this year. If we know whats good for us.
-----------

I would play the kids this or next week, to give them a taste, then drop them for the last Rnd.
... so they can feel non-deserving, that it will just happen for them from Rnd 1 in 2025.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Laurie at all, reckon he's as vanilla as it gets, and agree he's had opportunities - Just think if we were too ship off all those players to get right for preseason then might as well bring him in, not much else out there atm.
I think he's got the AFL IQ, but hasn't adjusted yet to the speed of the game.

A real big off season with ANB, taking him under the wing to really get his fitness to a peak.

I think he's got the AFL IQ, but hasn't adjusted yet to the speed of the game.

A real big off season with ANB, taking him under the wing to really get his fitness to a peak.

Just doesn't seem to have the competitiveness, ironically for us. Has no mongrel about him at all. Best thing he could do for himself is try and replace Spargo (given some have suggested he wants a trade). Just can't see him ever being regular best 23 at this stage.

Just doesn't seem to have the competitiveness, ironically for us. Has no mongrel about him at all. Best thing he could do for himself is try and replace Spargo (given some have suggested he wants a trade). Just can't see him ever being regular best 23 at this stage.
ANB had no mongrel so to speak, in his early years.

Many of our clubs list has none to speak of. It's something we have, imv, lost over the past few years, since the flag.

And its something that grows on some players, as they grow self belief.

Last edited:
ANB had no mongrel so to speak, in his early years.

Many of our clubs list has none to speak of. It's something we have, imv, lost over the past few year, since the flag.

And its something that grows on some players, as they grow self belief.

Yeah but ANB turned the corner while spending a season as an inside mid for Casey. Laurie has done that this year and I've not see anything to change my mind about him as yet.

Yeah but ANB turned the corner while spending a season as an inside mid for Casey. Laurie has done that this year and I've not see anything to change my mind about him as yet.
It took ANB about 4 seasons of afl games, before he became apparent of his talent.
Until then, he was the player on everyone's hit list.

What concerns me is the lack of leg speed across our list of players, and how Laurie impacts that area of our talents.

I think he has to become a player with a huge running engine. He has to replace Viney, in near future. (2 years)

It took ANB about 4 seasons of afl games, before he became apparent of his talent.
Until then, he was the player on everyone's hit list.

What concerns me is the lack of leg speed across our list of players, and how Laurie impacts that area of our talents.

I think he has to become a player with a huge running engine. He has to replace Viney, in near future. (2 years)
Laurie came second in our time trial. Fitness isn't the issue.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back