Preview Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timely reminder that Ben Brown still has more goals for the season than Petty :$

It's almost a perfect cluster**** of Goody's selection shockers.

rush back underperforming veteran who hasn't played a good game in three years
play a hobbling Max
no real ruck help for said hobbling Max
drop two exciting young players
replace them with slower veteran journeymen
keep Petty forward
pick another super tall team against a slick, fast opponent
don't rest viney or Oliver despite them looking so sore and having minimal impact
don't select the first round KPF draft pick who is has shown a solid couple of months in the VFL

Nice one goody you clown

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps the language was a bit colourful, but I'm completely over the obvious inner circle of favourites that Goodwin has going on.

Think of Salem's form over the past few years and the amount of times he's come back from injury. Do you know how many VFL games he's played since before we won the flag? Precisely zero. It's unbelievable. You'd assume he's a Bontempelli-level star instead of a C-C+ grade plodder.
Yeh our selection integrity is completely cooked, has been getting worse over the last couple of years, but this year has rapidly gone from frustrating, to desperate to a denial spiral by the coaches. The standards the club worked for so long to build are all being undone in such short time, it's really disappointing

We are going to get absolutely murdered.
🙏 hope we lose by 10 goals.

Seems like the sort of ****ery where we win coz Port goes full Port and Goody gets justified for selecting his veteran hacks and this carries on into next year.

I'm now wondering if Soyman is trying to give a few players the s**** enough that they ask for a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... We have 2 defenders playing as forwards... And can still drop 3 defenders to bring 3 more defenders in?

How many defenders do we have!?!

When we get flogged by 20 goals at least Goody can't lean back as hard on the "young" " inexperienced" etc.

When we get flogged by 20 goals at least Goody can't lean back as hard on the "young" " inexperienced" etc.
He can trot out the "we lost Gus Brayshaw before the season " line for the 3rd time in 8 days though

I might lose my shit...
One Of Us GIF

What could possibly go wrong with rushing a soft tissue injury plagued player back early from his 3rd soft tissue injury this year? Tell ME!!!
I mean, pretty much nothing can go wrong.

This also applies if we don't play Salem

Or if we do or don't do any other thing .

Things are ****ed regardless. No downside to extra stupidity at this point unless Max's leg falls off or something.

I mean, pretty much nothing can go wrong.

This also applies if we don't play Salem

Or if we do or don't do any other thing .

Things are ****ed regardless. No downside to extra stupidity at this point unless Max's leg falls off or something.

Hence wanting to give our younger kids a chance rather than rushing back injured old blokes, not giving max some ruck help, going in way too tall again, etc etc

Hence wanting to give our younger kids a chance rather than rushing back injured old blokes, not giving max some ruck help, going in way too tall again, etc etc

Even more maddening than Salem rushed back might be the fact we are somehow going too tall (and slow for that matter) yet still don't have adequate ruck help for Max!

Thought for sure Petty of Turner would go back to cover May. Then either give Jeffo a run or Fullarton who could atleast pinch hit for Max as well.

At least after a smacking this week the 'we can still make finals' BS can be dead and buried.

My only worry is Port have a spectacular ability to cook themselves when it matters most in finals and they might go a few weeks early on it.

The behaviour indicates some irrationality.
The sort of thing you would expect from someone under enormous pressure, who has cracked. If I am right, you can expect things to get worse.

Who has applied the pressure ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back