Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll revise mine. Not sure what Blair's mrp record is like, but he will get some form of penalty for the Mitch Brown hit. If he is lucky it will only cost him 90 odd points & a reprimand. If not he may miss a week.

In's - Adams - Kennedy - Karnezis - Keeffe
Out's - Brown (inj) Blair (susp) Witts - Fasolo

Out: Brown, Grundy
In: Keeffe, Adams

Keeffe in for Brown is a no brainer, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I think the two genuine rucks are hurting us and I would much rather an extra inside mid around the stoppages (if not Adams then JT). White is capable of going into the ruck when required and had some nice taps against Cox and NicNat last game, and Witts has shown enough as a forward to suggest that we will still have enough options inside 50 with White in the ruck.

I don't think Keeffe needs to come in for Brown. Young will just take his backline spot and Toovey can play taller.

Edit: Toovey playing taller is better he can shut down his opponent and he gets less of the ball which is better because his such a poor user.

I don't think Keeffe needs to come in for Brown. Young will just take his backline spot and Toovey can play taller.

Edit: Toovey playing taller is better he can shut down his opponent and he gets less of the ball which is better because his such a poor user.
Toovey isn't that poor of a user.

Williams is absolutely atrocious.

He had a shocker on the weekend, and his disposal is severely holding him back. Will never crack the midfield with disposal like that.

Toovey isn't that poor of a user.

Williams is absolutely atrocious.

He had a shocker on the weekend, and his disposal is severely holding him back. Will never crack the midfield with disposal like that.

Williams kicking is inconsistent. I saw some that were just amazing and other that very poor. Toovey's ball use is still worse than Young and Lumumba's.

Something has to change. The clearance stat is alarmingly bad and it needs to be rectified now rather than later.

JT & Adams have to seriously be considered.
Yep, agree whole heatedly. We got smashed at the clearances and contested ball in the first 2 and a bit quarters. Desperately needing inside mids who can get first hands on the ball. Not sure who comes out, possibly Caff and Fas. Witts or Grundy (rest) for Karnezis, Keefe for Brown.

I don't expect Frosty to play. Only a 6 day break so the club will need to be cautious with him.
So based on that:

IN: Keeffe/Seedsman
OUT: Frost/Brown

I expect Blair to get a reprimand, but if he goes I'd bring in Adams.

Goldy to play down back, PK to play HFF/FP, Seedsman sub. Young to play across HB also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems this is the medical update on those in contention this week;

Brown; No chance, decision will be made in the next few days if he has surgery or rests for 3-4 weeks.
Seedsman; Bruised knee in the VFL game, will be given the week off probably
Frost; reports vary from severe to mild concussion, will be tested later in the week
Karnezis; Once again didn't run the game out completely, but maybe that was planned with the six day break to the seniors next week
Sinclair; Did the other hammy, will be out for 3-4 weeks again

Out of that I'd expect Brown and Frost to miss with Karnezis available for selection, but probably not being selected just yet.

Out: Brown, Grundy
In: Keeffe, Adams

Keeffe in for Brown is a no brainer, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I think the two genuine rucks are hurting us and I would much rather an extra inside mid around the stoppages (if not Adams then JT). White is capable of going into the ruck when required and had some nice taps against Cox and NicNat last game, and Witts has shown enough as a forward to suggest that we will still have enough options inside 50 with White in the ruck.
if you're going to do this then Karnezis would need to come in to provide some form of foil for Cloke (which is why the two rucks is being persisted with until Reid returns)
-- if its going to be one ruck and white as backup the changes would need to be closer to
In: Keeffe, Adams, Karnezis
Out: Brown, Grundy, Young (or similar)

:oops:

My point is that even our "break open in case of emergency" KPF is injured at the moment

I thought thats what Frost was meant to be at the start of the year as 6th in line behind Reid, Cloke, White, Keefe, Brown (with reid playing at whichever end the injured happen to miss from) However its now got to a point where the 'break in case of emergency' needs its own emergency

Have not read the thread (as usual) but I note Martin and Karnezis had huge games in the VFL.

Martin has to force his way in. I reckon he needs to be a straight in for Nathan Brown. We have enough defenders to cover Brown without calling Keeffe back. Promote Langdon to key position at CHB. Goldy to play back if needed.

Asssuming Frost is fit, if not Keeffe in for him.

Would love to also find room for Karnesiz. Young perhaps?...Fasolo?? not sure.

Have not read the thread (as usual) but I note Martin and Karnezis had huge games in the VFL.

Martin has to force his way in. I reckon he needs to be a straight in for Nathan Brown. We have enough defenders to cover Brown without calling Keeffe back.

Asssiming Frost is fit, if not Keeffe in for him.
Nathan Brown can now go on the LTI list, paving the way for Martin to be elevated to the senior list. If we are serious about dropping Cloke, we need to boost our goal kicking power, so both players should get a senior berth. Who to play as KPF in the absence of Cloke? The lack of an obvious replacement will probably mean Cloke retains his spot in the team.

Nathan Brown can now go on the LTI list, paving the way for Martin to be elevated to the senior list. If we are serious about dropping Cloke, we need to boost our goal kicking power, so both players should get a senior berth. Who to play as KPF in the absence of Cloke? The lack of an obvious replacement will probably mean Cloke retains his spot in the team.

I wouldnt be droppping Cloke. Its a ridiculous suggestion. Hes putting in, the form will come in the seniors.

Brown; No chance, decision will be made in the next few days if he has surgery or rests for 3-4 weeks.
Frost; reports vary from severe to mild concussion, will be tested later in the week
Karnezis; Once again didn't run the game out completely, but maybe that was planned with the six day break to the seniors next week

Out of that I'd expect Brown and Frost to miss with Karnezis available for selection, but probably not being selected just yet.

Ah damn wasn't aware he copped a knock. In that case I'd look at bringing Broomhead in for his debut match this week.. against a young Saints side it could be the right time. In: Karnezis, Keeffe, Broomy... Out: Frost, Brown, Witts

With Sinclair do you think we will look to trade or delist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back