Preview Changes vs The Western (Round 21)

Remove this Banner Ad

You might be right on Laurie, but he should still be given more of a chance. His one good game has been better than anything sparrow has produced this year.

Had tons of chances. Thought he was messy by hand and scared by the pressure in the second half last week tbh.

Would have liked one of the talls in - Fullarton, Jeffo, Verrall - so Turner or Petty could go back given Lever is gonna get killed if having to man up on a tall. Guessing they'll sacrifice Howes return game on one of them now.

Just reckon the season is done. Try some new options out, get injuries sorted, just rotating the same players again gets us nowhere.

Had tons of chances. Thought he was messy by hand and scared by the pressure in the second half last week tbh.

Would have liked one of the talls in - Fullarton, Jeffo, Verrall - so Turner or Petty could go back given Lever is gonna get killed if having to man up on a tall. Guessing they'll sacrifice Howes return game on one of them now.

Just reckon the season is done. Try some new options out, get injuries sorted, just rotating the same players again gets us nowhere.

Goody won't concede the season until round 23 at the earliest IMO, we can still make it even with a loss to the Dogs so he will keep pushing for at least one more week.

You might be right on Laurie, but he should still be given more of a chance. His one good game has been better than anything sparrow has produced this year.
I think you might be forgetting a very special pre-season game from the Big Spazmeister

Especially considering the way we use them to push back hard into defense anyway. Good size and decent speed. Can push back to take intercept marks and then help run it out.
I don’t like Howes as a proper defender. Gets out positioned and out bodied too often and I don’t think he is particularly agile either. I know he’s young and has time to improve.

But I agree that his ideal role would be tall wing who can use his intercept marking to drop back. Was a forward as a junior too so you’d think as a wing he could push forward and also be dangerous.

Goody won't concede the season until round 23 at the earliest IMO, we can still make it even with a loss to the Dogs so he will keep pushing for at least one more week.

Yeah, sadly this is likely true. Bit like how he runs injured players into the ground and refuses to manage anyone. Hope we lose tonight and he concedes as soon as possible then so we can start the prep for next year.

So been out of it with Gastro, been in hospital and all that good stuff, so excuse me for being late to the party with things that have already been said

But Sparrow back in off one good 2s game and Laurie and Billings out? Don't get me wrong they weren't exactly world beaters last week but i thought they where serviceable? I thought Billings was kinda a meh subbing last week, seemed to be doing okay and for once was putting his body in rather than shitting himself. Laurie seemed okay, again not setting the world on fire but probably finding a touch more consistency over 4 quarters than in any other games he's played

Similar to what Demon 16 had said it would be ideal to see Sparrow earn his spot back over a run of games in the 2s and not rushed back in off one. But i think the coaching staff with finals still their priority don't have a month to build him up in and want their 'best' out there. I'm not saying they're correct with what they're doing, i can just see the corner they've stupidly backed themselves into. He should have been given a long stint in the 2s much sooner

I don’t like Howes as a proper defender. Gets out positioned and out bodied too often and I don’t think he is particularly agile either. I know he’s young and has time to improve.

But I agree that his ideal role would be tall wing who can use his intercept marking to drop back. Was a forward as a junior too so you’d think as a wing he could push forward and also be dangerous.
Couldn't agree more, highlighted exactly how I am veiwing him to maximise his strengths and hide one of his weaknesses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs The Western (Round 21)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back