Prediction Changes vs Western Bulldogs R2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite surprised at the calls to drop Langdon. He's not as polished as I'd like by foot when he links up through the backline but I very much appreciate the work he puts in to get there. Laid some great tackles and is clean with the footy.

13.8km on a day like today, fourth on the ground (Gaff 15, Duggan 14.3, Ellis 14.2)

Will be invaluable and laid the most pissed off tackles of the day. I’d be very reluctant to drop that.

Am I reading wrong or did Vardy really get 1 hitout today?
If that's the case you might as well drop him for someone who can provide some run and concede the ruck when Nic Nat's not on the ground.

In: Trew, Jones
Out: Petch, Vardy

I’m torn here. On the one hand, Vardy’s raw hitout numbers aren’t the be all and end all, given he’s also doing a job just repeatedly smashing in to the opposing ruck and softening them up for Nic. Still needs to have more say at ruck contests, but a big bodied second ruck has its positives.

On the other hand, opposition just ignore their own ruck and rove to Nic Nat whenever he’s on anyway. Might as well add a runner and do the same whenever Nic is resting.

Petch needs to be dropped. You cant send the message to the playing group that its ok to go into the half time break on donuts and still get a guernsey.

Whats Cameron up to? Is he still fat?

I would also like to drop Vardy, but that means Osc-god Allen has to ruck.

I’m torn here. On the one hand, Vardy’s raw hitout numbers aren’t the be all and end all, given he’s also doing a job just repeatedly smashing in to the opposing ruck and softening them up for Nic. Still needs to have more say at ruck contests, but a big bodied second ruck has its positives.

On the other hand, opposition just ignore their own ruck and rove to Nic Nat whenever he’s on anyway. Might as well add a runner and do the same whenever Nic is resting.
Yeah I mean we really don't lose alot but I take your point about smashing into the oppo ruck and we don't really have anyone else in the side who can do the job (Allen needs to be permanent forward imo). To be clear I don't think we'll do this, I think Vardy will retain his spot because Simmo will want to give him a few weeks to find some form. If he hasn't found form by round 5 then I think The Alabama Slammer will come in for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I mean we really don't lose alot but I take your point about smashing into the oppo ruck and we don't really have anyone else in the side who can do the job (Allen needs to be permanent forward imo). To be clear I don't think we'll do this, I think Vardy will retain his spot because Simmo will want to give him a few weeks to find some form. If he hasn't found form by round 5 then I think The Alabama Slammer will come in for him.

Without doubt he’s on borrowed time unless he rediscovers something from his 2018 peak.

Without doubt he’s on borrowed time unless he rediscovers something from his 2018 peak.
He really needs to have more impact to justify his spot, whether it's on the ball or around the ground he basically gives us nothing most of the time he's on the ground. Roughly 50% tog for what he currently gives us is a waste of a spot.

Brander to the ruck then - he's been tried everywhere else, may as well give him a go there as well.

At the very least he would be able to work them over with the amount of ground that he can cover.

Jones in for Petch

Can't have zero stats halfway through the 3rd qtr and keep your spot
Especially not zero tackles. He’s just completely lost. It’s poor coaching to allow it to continue. It’s not like it’s a one off - he was doing this all year last year. He has gone steadily backwards and that’s on the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back