FTA-TV Channel 7 GF Coverage bitch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

andy d must be flogged for alowing those 2 hacks to sing the3 national anthem.

absolutely terrible. the national anthem is supposed to be inspiring before a big game and the crowd always sings along. today was disgraceful

Can't say I remember a grand final where 100,000 people have sung along with the national anthem. Guess I must've missed something...

Back on topic, I hope the game next week doesn't go into extra time. I can just see it now - Collingwood are 3 points down with a minute to go, Jolly taps it down to Swan, who bombs it forward into the Collingwood forward line...................and Seven stop broadcasting and go to the news.

Hate the countdown clock on Channel 7. Took the suspense out of the climax of the game, and you had the commentators watching the clock too much right at the end.

Bruce missed a golden opportunity at the end of the match. Because they had the countdown clock, maybe 5 seconds before the end he could've said something like: "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?" then say nothing 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... *siren sounds* more silence from commentary team with just the crowd noises, then maybe something after about 10-15 seconds.

But from what I remember, he was rambling on some shit as teh clock's going down to zero, and still as it sounded.

Past it, Bruce!

And another thing ... me and my mates (watching it on TV) were noticing how 7 were missing a lot of close-ups for contested marks, they'd have the wide shot on and keep it there when a pack would form, then finally get up and close after the contest. this happened a few times.

Hate the countdown clock on Channel 7. Took the suspense out of the climax of the game, and you had the commentators watching the clock too much right at the end.
This the ONLY time that I have actually liked it in a close match. It kept the suspense as people were going "Oh shit it's going to be a draw. Oh shit oh shit oh shit the world is going to end!". With the count up clock I still think there would've been that suspense, but not the "Oh Shit" factor.

Re: Channel 7s Coverage

I've been saying this for ages. They zoom in away too much. So many great marks not captured properly. I seem to be the minority that hates the flipping zoom in. Can't see how players break off the ball carrier, sheppards, scrags, etc.

I wish for the day you can choose your camera. I would just leave it like a soccer camera, you can see everything, like at the game I suppose, but the best seat in the house on the wing. I wish...

FoxFooty/Foxsports had something like this a few years ago. Choice between highlights, long shot, close up and normal i think. Also could listen to the umpires only. Was great.

Bruce missed a golden opportunity at the end of the match. Because they had the countdown clock, maybe 5 seconds before the end he could've said something like: "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?" then say nothing 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... *siren sounds* more silence from commentary team with just the crowd noises, then maybe something after about 10-15 seconds.

But from what I remember, he was rambling on some shit as teh clock's going down to zero, and still as it sounded.

Past it, Bruce!

He actually said 'It's gonna be a draw. It's UNBELIEVABLE!' as the clock got to zero and the siren sounded. Then i think let the noise etc take over...

Too right, I just hope in vain there may be some way to avoid.
I know it sounds stupid, but is there any way to avoid having the count down timer on? Other than have the channel 7 bosses come to their senses...

As the match became more tense the commentators seemed to talk more irrelevant waffle. My preference is just stick to the game, plenty of drama there.

Hit the mute button when they were going on about the Shaw family history, and to top it off the cameras then showed a shot of Tony Shaw in a commentary box.

On a positive note, Matthew Richardson's laid back interview style is a winner. Watch him with Nick Maxwell after the game, hardly says a word while Maxwell is pouring out his "that's a joke" line of thought. Andy Maher could take a lesson.

probably not sevens fault - but the hd feed on prime nsw was choppy, breaking up, and lost signal a couple of times.

not that sevens alleged hd coverage isnt shit anyway

Considering it's the first time Prime has ever given us actual HD football, I choose to take what I can get.

I actually preferred seeing how much time there was. All the people at teh ground listening to radios were aware of the time. It was one plus I thought for 7s coverage over 10's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually preferred seeing how much time there was. All the people at teh ground listening to radios were aware of the time. It was one plus I thought for 7s coverage over 10's.
All those people would not have known if it was the Ch10 telecast. Simply because the commentators are following the telecast screen.

Channel 10 for me. Channel 7 is soulless!!!

Also I prefer CH10's count up when it's close. CH7 when it's a blowout. CH10 should have a count down when a team is 5-6 goals in front with 5 mins remaining.

The lack of HD is pathetic. It looks like sand has been thrown across the camera...:eek:

te-paki-sand-dunes_89.jpg

Ch 7 absolutely shit

Ignore the non HD issue, if it's one thing these clowns should have got last week is that don't go to bs shots whilst play is live - that includes replays and crowd shots. Well one minute in and they're back at it missing the reversal. Uselss.

Re: Ch 7 absolutely shit

What's with the audio quality, is it shit for anybody else??

Re: Ch 7 absolutely shit

Ignore the non HD issue, if it's one thing these clowns should have got last week is that don't go to bs shots whilst play is live - that includes replays and crowd shots. Well one minute in and they're back at it missing the reversal. Uselss.

anyone know what it was for?

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Channel 7 GF Coverage bitch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back