Chappell Hadlee Series Game 3: New Zealand v Australia @ Hamilton (Tue D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
chaphadgb6.gif

nzl5ka.gif
[FONT=&quot]vs [/FONT]
aus8ir.gif
SeddonPark, Hamilton
12noon AEDT Tuesday February 20​
17 days ago the Aussies were going for 11 wins in a row, they lost that and have lost four of the five they’ve played after that and find themselves in the very rare position of playing a dead rubber when they haven’t won the trophy, and for the first time since the introduction of the rankings they’re not on top. Being a dead rubber, Daniel Vettori, Shane Bond and Glenn McGrath are being rested, with Phil Jaques the only player to be dropped after a game where bat dominated ball. Jeetan Patel, James Franklin, Mitchell Johnson and Adam Voges come in, with Voges to debut at number 7 in place of Shane Watson who will open with his Queensland team-mate Matthew Hayden for the first time.

New Zealand XI: Lou Vincent, *Stephen Fleming, Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Craig McMillan, +Brendon McCullum, James Franklin, Daryl Tuffey, Mark Gillespie, Jeetan Patel

Australia XI: Matthew Hayden, Shane Watson, +Brad Haddin, *Michael Hussey, Brad Hodge, Cameron White, Adam Voges (international debut), Brad Hogg, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Tait

Umpires: Aleem Dar (Pakistan), Gary Baxter (New Zealand)

Weather:
Partly cloudy, 23 degrees

Coverage:
[FONT=&quot]
fs3mc5.gif
- Live from[/FONT] Midday AEDT
2jl4.gif
local radio (online through RadioSport NZ)
Cricinfo will have ball by ball text commentary
and if you're really desperate, Cricket Australia's scorecard

Session Times (AEDT):
First innings: 12:00-3:30pm
Second innings: 4:15-7:45pm

Betting:
Australia - $1.75
New Zealand - $2
New Zealand Most Runs
Fleming - $4
Vincent - $4
Taylor - $4.50
Styris - $6
Fulton - $6.50
McMillan - $8
McCullum - $13
Franklin - $51
Gillespie - $101
Tuffey - $101
Patel - $151
Australia Most Runs
Hussey - $3.75
Hayden - $4
Hodge - $5
Haddin - $5.50
Voges - $9
Watson - $11
White - $11
Hogg - $51
Tait - $151
Bracken - $151
Johnson - $251
tabln1.gif

Voges, who has never played a game, has been given better odds than Watson, who has played countless games and is seen by the selectors as a very promising talent. I'm going to agree with the bookies on this one I reckon.

why open with watson now??? surely he was seen as the next opening option if anything happened to dos and gilly in the world cup?? so y wudnt u open with him for this series, jaques cud replace punter or pup (who he was replacing!) in the batting order

Would rather McGrath to play rather than Mitchell Johnson. How many runs will he go for? 70? 80?

Also, is this another small kiwi ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares? New Zealand have won the series.
It's a dead-rubber favouring Austalia. Explain that.

Watson up to open. He would get a great deal of confidence if he can help Australia get over the line.

NZ are out to $2.10 on sportingbet, pretty good bet i reckon.
Even with Bond and Vettori resting i reckon they will win.
It was their batting that won the game for them last time, good chance they can do it again.

Yeh, but, if not for Bond and D-Vet with the ball they well could've conceeded over 400

Hopefully Voges bats well... I would like to see Voges and White given a go up the order, move Hussey and Haddin down. I've always liked Voges, ever since he scored the fastest ODD century (I think its 2nd fastest now?) on his debut or something. He looked an awwsome player.

IN answer to the question this is another tiny ground but a bit more oval shaped than Eden park which is pretty much hexagonal. traditionally plays low and slow though

Hopefully Voges bats well... I would like to see Voges and White given a go up the order, move Hussey and Haddin down. I've always liked Voges, ever since he scored the fastest ODD century (I think its 2nd fastest now?) on his debut or something. He looked an awwsome player.
2nd fastest in his 2nd match i believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chappell Hadlee Series Game 3: New Zealand v Australia @ Hamilton (Tue D/N)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back