News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't a situation like Beams where the club desperately needs good PR and the player is a noted leader. So while it was worth giving up valuable resources for Beams, I don't think Cameron is worth it. Perhaps in a year he becomes more consistent, perhaps not. Either way, even Adelaide fans can see that their bargaining power is currently at its peak. Why bid anything more than pick 20 this year if we can get him cheaper next year?

If 12 is involved at all in the Cameron trade, the we would have to have something significant coming back.

And it can't in any way involve our first from next year

If the club roll over on either of those I am going to be seriously pissed
I can see us using 12 in a complex deal, we shouldn't have to but it won't be the end of the world.

No way our future is on the table. With live trading it will be worth more next year just on its own

If 12 is involved at all in the Cameron trade, then we would have to have something significant coming back.

And it can't in any way involve our first from next year

If the club roll over on either of those I am going to be seriously pissed

I've seen nothing thus far to make me question or doubt Noble & Fagan. All is well. So chill.

On Eddie Betts' Instagram story, he's going through all the teams with his son asking who his favourite player is. He said his favourite Brisbane player is Charlie Cameron.

Tex Walker will be abusing Betts' child it seems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard the Crows list manager say pick 12 isn't good enough for a 70 game player!! Ha ha. Playing the game hard. Whats Bryce Gibbs worth then? Noble will have to hold his nerve here. Surely the Crows and Noble have a good enough relationship to get a fair deal done.

Dodongo laughs at that. Dodongo thinks if Cameron is worth Pick 12 then Gibbs is worth 2 top 10 picks.

Is there a compelling reason why we need Cameron this year specifically, and we can't wait until next year to grab him? Adelaide are pushing for a flag and need all the mature talent they can get. We're not, we have time on our side.

What's the worst case scenario of not making the move now? If he does somehow overcome his limitations with consistency and kicking and develop into a star, we'll still get him cheaper than usual for his level, due to him being uncontracted and the threat of selecting him in the PSD. If he finds that he loves Adelaide and wants to sign a new contract there, then we should be glad we didn't take someone so wishy-washy when we're looking for strong characters who want to be here.

Just heard the Crows list manager say pick 12 isn't good enough for a 70 game player!! Ha ha. Playing the game hard. Whats Bryce Gibbs worth then? Noble will have to hold his nerve here. Surely the Crows and Noble have a good enough relationship to get a fair deal done.

I'm not sure he said it wasn't good enough, did he? He said pick 12 wouldn't help them next year given they want to get back to the GF, which is true enough. Much like yourself I thought he was just posturing, but it does raise the possibility that they may want an established player back the other way rather than a draft pick to get it done.

I'm not sure he said it wasn't good enough, did he? He said pick 12 wouldn't help them next year given they want to get back to the GF, which is true enough. Much like yourself I thought he was just posturing, but it does raise the possibility that they may want an established player back the other way rather than a draft pick to get it done.

Bewick

Is there a compelling reason why we need Cameron this year specifically, and we can't wait until next year to grab him? Adelaide are pushing for a flag and need all the mature talent they can get. We're not, we have time on our side.

I'm with you - CC would be a good get but I have zero emotional buy-in to get it done this year instead of being patient and getting him next year. This is a Crows problem not ours...I can wait.

Yeah I think they want Gibbs despite saying there is nothing happening there. If they get Gibbs then I think Cameron will go. End of the day as much as I want Cameron for 2018 I also don't want our club paying massive overs when at end of 2018 if he at the Crows and still wants out we can get him for a lot less.

Yeah, they want a player or are adamant he's not leaving. In reality the Crows probably know fair value is at around the pick 20 mark, but it doesn't help them win a flag. Can see Charlie being made to honour his contract here. To be fair, he's a luxury that we can live without for a year. This is more about Charlie wanting to come here, than Brisbane actively chasing him, so while it would be a great get, we shouldn't get to invested in the possibility of him being a Lion for next season.

Yep, "help us get Gibbs".

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back