News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig Cameron on NAB AFL Trade Radio

The Giants list manager says that ruckman Shane Mumford's situation will be resolved in the next 48 hours, but all indications are he will retire.

The club believes that Rory Lobb as No.1 ruckman and with a more flexible forward line is the way forward in 2018.

The Giants need some clarity on the Bryce Gibbs situation before they and the Blues can hammer out a deal for Matthew Kennedy. He said the Blues are endeavouring to find picks to satisfy the Giants for the 20-year-old midfielder.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/trade-talk

Looks like the Gibbs trade is happening.

Justin Reid (Adel) at AFL House doing a deal now. Trade Radio suggesting Gibbs deal.

This removes the slide back from 12-16 and give up 18 or 20 which to me was the most I wanted to pay for CC. Really hope we don't part with 12.

I think Gibbs would allow Adelaide to paint it as "well we've brought in mature talent..."

I think Gibbs would allow Adelaide to paint it as "well we've brought in mature talent..."

I agree with you, but there is some stuff on the Adelaide board about Cameron agreeing to stay after talking to Pyke that was said by an Adelaide radio host or something. I don't believe it because you'd think they wouldn't have made such a public song and dance about wanting to leave if there was a chance of him having a change of heart, but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you, but there is some stuff on the Adelaide board about Cameron agreeing to stay after talking to Pyke that was said by an Adelaide radio host or something. I don't believe it because you'd think they wouldn't have made such a public song and dance about wanting to leave if there was a chance of him having a change of heart, but who knows.

It was said last Friday he met with Pyke and asked to be traded again.

Lol Reid just left afl house....

Lions: Ok mate we give in pick 1 and zorko
Reid: Great *** runs with phone in hand to afl house**... I'll meet you there
Lions: Yep okay see you there is 5
** waiting at afl house for the last 20mins decides to call the Lions back **
Reid: Where are you mate need this done so we can get Gibbs
Lions: Holy shit you thought we were serious *** lots of laughter on the phone before we hang up **

Baseless speculation to follow.

The Harrison Wigg trade is interesting. The Crows get pick 39 and give away Wigg, pick 54 and next year's fourth rounder.

It's possible Adelaide have their eye on someone specific at 39 who they think won't be there at 54. I think it's also possible they're planning on trading that to us for Cameron.

After pick 20 our next pick is 43. Without doing the maths I think 39+43 would match bids for Ballenden from about pick 15. The rumour seems to be that Richmond might bid on him there.

Perhaps there's some kind of plan for us to clear out of that space in the draft after Richmond's two picks.

I'm not sure how that would work, but some of the mooted trades for Gibbs seem to involve the Crows hanging on to pick 10. I wonder if there's something complicated involving us getting pick 10, pick 39 and Cameron, and giving back picks 18, 20 and some kind of future pick.

Baseless speculation to follow.

The Harrison Wigg trade is interesting. The Crows get pick 39 and give away Wigg, pick 54 and next year's fourth rounder.

It's possible Adelaide have their eye on someone specific at 39 who they think won't be there at 54. I think it's also possible they're planning on trading that to us for Cameron.

After pick 20 our next pick is 43. Without doing the maths I think 39+43 would match bids for Ballenden from about pick 15. The rumour seems to be that Richmond might bid on him there.

Perhaps there's some kind of plan for us to clear out of that space in the draft after Richmond's two picks.

I'm not sure how that would work, but some of the mooted trades for Gibbs seem to involve the Crows hanging on to pick 10. I wonder if there's something complicated involving us getting pick 10, pick 39 and Cameron, and giving back picks 18, 20 and some kind of future pick.

I think they expect to use 39 matching a bid on Edwards F/S

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back