News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The over evaluation of draft picks and the obsession with them is the result of our 10 years at the bottom of the ladder.
Since about 2008, the number 12 draft pick has unearthed such great football names as Lewis Johnston, Kane Lucas, Lucas Cook, Kristian Jaksch, Ben Lennon and Corey Ellis. There's a small sprinkling of decent players in the (not many), but I'd rather take the known entity in Cameron who is super fast,applies good forward pressure,can kick goals and adds excitement to the Gabba

Pick 12 is a slight over payment. However, in a reportedly weak draft there are no guarantees. There is not one player on our list that is capable of fulfilling the role of a small forward to level that Cameron will.

Richmond just won a flag through extreme defensive pressure. Cameron brings this in spades.

Welcome aboard.

Since about 2008, the number 12 draft pick has unearthed such great football names as Lewis Johnston, Kane Lucas, Lucas Cook, Kristian Jaksch, Ben Lennon and Corey Ellis. There's a small sprinkling of decent players in the (not many), but I'd rather take the known entity in Cameron who is super fast,applies good forward pressure,can kick goals and adds excitement to the Gabba
Yep like I've said earlier there is a complete obsession with draft picks on this board.

How many first rounders does Adelaide have?

I'll back in the experts with proven results every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak as piss as per usual. Super team has delivered a wooden spoon and a reaming in trade week. Thank Christ a follow the storm to level my brain out. Trust in Noble they say, ha ha ha please typical Lions.

Hey guys ... Nobes built the Crows list through astute trades. Crows were minor premiers largely due to his trades in the last 5-6 years. He built that list.
Every year the Crows fans crap on about how he overpays on his trades. Yet they were still minor premiers.
Just think for a second ... perhaps he understands player values much, much better than BF posters do?
He and Dom clearly value Charlie as a player. He has obvious deficiencies they think we can work on.
They must also believe the known outweighs the unknown of the draft.
We still have plenty of draft picks to work with this year.
I personally really like this trade.
And as for Schache? He clearly was not happy here and wanted to play in Vic. Is it a loss? Compared with pick #2 yes but I do not believe in keeping players against their will. Schache stunk it up this year and was clearly troubled. Next year would probably just be more of the same if he stayed.

"Adelaide were great to deal with in the end" - David Noble.

Uh huh.

Lions big day

Adelaide great to deal with for Charlie Cameron. Great for the Lions and to bring him back home to Queensland.

Also protected the club's top end picks.

Would have loved Josh Schache to stay. Hope he goes well and becomes an elite talent.

Uh... what? 1st of all they were shit. 2nd of all, you didn't protect the club's top end picks because u gave away pick 12

You can't judge trades until a couple of years down the track.

So even though it looks like we have eaten a shit sandwich ..Hodge might play until he is 40 and Cameron might win the Brownlow .....and....and... I can't even finish.....

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back