News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, 12 feels like overs to me but at least we have the player.

Psychologically, Cameron comes to us NOW in a very happy frame of mind and hopefully,ready to give his all to the club.

It's hard to quantify the effect on his mental state iF we had decided on the cheaper but riskier strategy of relying on picking him up in 12 months but it's probably safe to say, it would not be better (for him)

A bit of a bitter pill to swallow but unless I join the Microwave My Membership clique, I just have to suck it up and have faith in Noble and the decision he made.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/cameron-i-didnt-think-id-be-traded-for-that/

“I didn’t realise how long it was going to take,” Cameron said, just 30 minutes after joining the Lions for pick 12 in this year’s draft.

“I was a bit worried.”

Worry turned into both elation and surprise when his manager, Andrew McDougall, of Corporate Sports sent him a text at 1:42pm on deadline day.

While he was delighted at the move, he was surprised at the price.

“I didn’t think I’d be traded for that high of a pick,” Cameron joked. “I thought pick 18 was the right pick.”

Yeah, you're not the only one Charlie. No pressure kid.

Came home to find out we gave up 12 in a straight swap. Poor form, we blinked and overpaid.
We wouldn't have got that sort of compensation if the shoe was on the other foot. Oh well.
I think the Cameron trade and the Weller trade are a surer sign that clubs are starting to take a harder line on contracted players (who are required) wanting to walk. All the talk has been that the players hold all the aces these days. I don't think it's a bad thing that clubs are damanding higher compensation for contracted players.

I guess the Schache trade was really a sign of us wanting to offload him. We have enough to worry about without that circus next year. I would have loved the story of him staying and us "saving" him. It's going to be awful watching if he turns into a top rank forward. All I can hope is he turns out to be the 3rd string forward all the negative pundits have pegged him as.

The rest of it is only draft picks and chest thumping.

Can someone explain to me the urgency with which we seemed show with trading for CC? He was coming our way next year for cents on the dollar. I thought we needed midfielders? Our original offer was 18/20 to Adelaide in exchange for a guy who said he was going to tank if Adelaide kept him. I thought we had the whip hand??

I dont ever want to bring in a player who has actually tanked - not a good look but mostly once you tank it becomes a permanent option and you become a lesser player.

Probably not, but that's more a reflection of the disadvantaged position we operate from in the "national competition" rather than the strategy of the club.
So now the spin is that we’re at a disadvantage based on our location. That’s garbage. Paying overs for CC and not sticking to pick 18 or 20 had nothing to do with being disadvantaged. Adelaide made a stance for a contracted player as was their right and we buckled when we could have walked away and waited 12 months.

Similarly for Schache, we didn’t need to cave for rubbish picks when we held the upper position in simply retaining the player. That had nothing to do with the “disadvantaged position we operate” from, rather, we had Noble that demonstrated how poor he really is.

Please don’t tell me that this is the BS spin that is going to emanate from the club shortly about what a success this trade period was. Schache and Rockliff and a downgrade grade of picks coming in for Hodge (cooked) and Cameron (overrated) is just disastrous and you know it.

While I'm not in the sky is falling camp, I don't think we get an A- like Wallace the clown reckons.It feels a bit like we at least got bought dinner before we got f***ed.

So now the spin is that we’re at a disadvantage based on our location. That’s garbage. Paying overs for CC and not sticking to pick 18 or 20 had nothing to do with being disadvantaged. Adelaide made a stance for a contracted player as was their right and we buckled when we could have walked away and waited 12 months.

Similarly for Schache, we didn’t need to cave for rubbish picks when we held the upper position in simply retaining the player. That had nothing to do with the “disadvantaged position we operate” from, rather, we had Noble that demonstrated how poor he really is.

Please don’t tell me that this is the BS spin that is going to emanate from the club shortly about what a success this trade period was. Schache and Rockliff and a downgrade grade of picks coming in for Hodge (cooked) and Cameron (overrated) is just disastrous and you know it.

:rolleyes:

I dont ever want to bring in a player who has actually tanked - not a good look but mostly once you tank it becomes a permanent option and you become a lesser player.

That's similar to how I feel about players who get coaches sacked. Once you start misusing your power, you become a toxic agent to club unity.

Was a shit trade 2 hours ago and is still a shit trade now. Seriously... why not get the pick 15 in from Richmond first and then meet in the middle of 12 and 18...

****ing dumb. Even pick 15 would have been overs! Hell, pick 18 was overs!!!

****!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im conflicted. Pick 18 was plenty for a rookie drafted kid that has shown potential to win games. Pick 12 is...well, overs really. But hey, Crows wouldnt take anything less than Zorko, right!

Charlie+Christensen up forward should make for good foil for Hipwood and Close/Bellen.

Had to go out and do a job and missed the last hour, and just finished catching up.
Great reading all the melts, will be interesting to see how many are still posting when the season starts.
Seeing as a lot think we are a shit club, that is continually getting bent over, and run by a pack of incompetents, it won't be many. So good luck to ya, and I will look forward to our no.1 draft pick and CC running around the Gabba next season, what will you guys be doing?
We've got 2 players who want to be here and lost one who didn't. Glass half full cos you'll go thirsty if it's half empty. Looking forward to the season starting :thumbsu:.

I can wear the premium we paid because my son now has a player to cheer for with the same name.

Will get him a badge day one!

What are the odds? You must be a psychic, knowing we'd trade for "pick 15".

Noble... unbelievable. He's hopeless.

But you should be more annoyed at his manager. Comes out a few days in and says to the world that Pick 18 is on the table. Made us have a crack at 12.

After the crap your lot were asking for, don't try shift blame to his manager. pick 12 is no sure bet, Cameron is a known quality. Glad to have him onboard. Can't wait to see him Robbo and Christensen rip it up next year.

Man, with how people are losing their heads over draft picks, i can't wait to see all the 200 game guns that are coming out of the top 20 of this draft. Who knew this draft was such a guaranteed sure fire way to get some gun players.

Billy Puller were you expecting anyone else to join us? The #DestinationClub thing made it sound like we had some other targets lined up?

Matt Kennedy was the obvious one but he didn't want us. We really wanted him.

The other I heard was Luke Breust we were big into and I thought that was gonna happen when all the noise about talking to a contracted player had been for a while etc came up.

I also am surprised we still have pick 1 I guess there were no suitors but very keen to trade that for multiple top ten picks

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back