Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewey Taylor, Allen Christensen and Mitch Robinson all would be ahead of CC in our forward line.

Direct comparison/role played in our side would be Mitch Robbo, however MRobbo can play midfield as well.

Watching him Friday night against the Swans I'd say in his head he has already moved to Brisbane.

If he wants to go, let him go, once a players head has moved elsewhere, they often struggle. In all honesty, can't see that he's worth more than a late 20s/early 30s.

I love how people on bigfooty look at the last game a player has played and that becomes their trade value.
Could look at the last 10 games then. Hasn't kicked multiple goals once in that time and only averaged half a goal a game.

Yes goal kicking is only one part of his game to look at. But I would expect something a little better considering he's sitting in one of the best forward lines in the comp with the quality of entries hes receiving. Those numbers don't exactly scream first round pick to me.

Could look at the last 10 games then. Hasn't kicked multiple goals once in that time and only averaged half a goal a game.

Yes goal kicking is only one part of his game to look at. But I would expect something a little better considering he's sitting in one of the best forward lines in the comp with the quality of entries hes receiving. Those numbers don't exactly scream first round pick to me.
It's interesting that his form dropped around the same time as the stories about him wanting to move to Queensland due to family reasons. That probably tells you the full story.

He's still got the talent and the speed. He's shown his improvement in the first dozen games of the year. I'm expecting the same value in trade.

Go back 7 comments and you will have your answer, geez you are on the same page and would have seen the comment I replied to.... not unless Brisbane want to
Yeh looked and my comment stands. But your entitled to feel grumpy when clubs try and poach your players, we've had years of it so I can empathize. Cameron only comes if we satisfy adelaide with a deal, but to suggest witherden is ludicrous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been told that Cameron to Lions is a done deal. Only time will tell.
As for a pick. I can see our pick 18 (if we finish last) changing hands. Although a more likely outcome/scenario would be for Lions to trade pick 18 to GC for two of their 4 picks (in the 20s & 30) and one of those go to Adel.
Ie pick 18 to GC for picks 24 & 30 (dependent of where Rich finish). Pick 24/30 used for Cameron.

I have been told that Cameron to Lions is a done deal. Only time will tell.
As for a pick. I can see our pick 18 (if we finish last) changing hands. Although a more likely outcome/scenario would be for Lions to trade pick 18 to GC for two of their 4 picks (in the 20s & 30) and one of those go to Adel.
Ie pick 18 to GC for picks 24 & 30 (dependent of where Rich finish). Pick 24/30 used for Cameron.
No way you get CC for pick 30. 24 is pushing the friendship given he's contracted.

No way you get CC for pick 30. 24 is pushing the friendship given he's contracted.
You mean a guy who has similar stats to a forward who was picked up as a delisted free agent this year? Stop treating Cameron as something he isn't. He's averaging a goal a game, low disposal count and low disposal efficiency. He is up there in tackling and pressure, that's about it but that isn't worth some ridiculously high draft pick.

You mean a guy who has similar stats to a forward who was picked up as a delisted free agent this year? Stop treating Cameron as something he isn't. He's averaging a goal a game, low disposal count and low disposal efficiency. He is up there in tackling and pressure, that's about it but that isn't worth some ridiculously high draft pick.
Ok, so he stays then. Great.

Ok, so he stays then. Great.
I understand, everyone values their players differently, but if a forward who put up those numbers a year before he gets delisted is worth basically nothing... then how is Charlie worth more? If it wasn't for his tackling, he wouldn't get a game.

Given the combination of it sounding like the Lions have been chasing him and Adelaide doesn't want to let him go and he's got a year to go on his contract, I will almost guarantee that whatever the Lions trade for him will be considered "overs" by a majority of posters.

Given the combination of it sounding like the Lions have been chasing him and Adelaide doesn't want to let him go and he's got a year to go on his contract, I will almost guarantee that whatever the Lions trade for him will be considered "overs" by a majority of posters.

I'd be thinking anything more than pick 30 would be overs. His form majority of this year has been putrid. But yeah, we're obviously going to have to pay more than that for him.

I do not believe the Lions have been chasing CC. I believe CC said he wants to go "home" and the Lions put their hand up. Since then it's been a mutual interest thing.

If Rockliff wants out, and were all assuming he does, as he hasn't resigned:
Charlie Cameron + 2nd Pick > Brisbane
Rockliff > Adelaide

Although based on free agency rules with compo picks etc, Brisbane are unlikley to trade and just let him walk.
Cant see them matching the offer.

Rockliff > Adelaide

Although based on free agency rules with compo picks etc, Brisbane are unlikley to trade and just let him walk.
IMO Charlie and Rocky will end up staying where they are.

Rockliff > Adelaide

Rocky doesn't want out. He just wants more money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back