Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Any of them saying he will play until he’s 35 at a very high level?
betts played until the year he turned 35.

milne played until he was 33 and likely played on but for his off field issues.

breust just had an all australian season in the year he turned 33 and is currently playing in a year he will turn 34.

paul chapman spent a fair bit of time playing small forward and played on until the year he turned 34.

cameron has been very durable over the journey and has a lot more than just his athleticism going for him as a forward. i dont see why he cant do what these other players have.

breust just had an all australian season in the year he turned 33 and is currently playing in a year he will turn 34.

paul chapman spent a fair bit of time playing small forward and played on until the year he turned 34.

cameron has been very durable over the journey and has a lot more than just his athleticism going for him as a forward. i dont see why he cant do what these other players have.
I don't think he's having a mare of a season but I think 4-5 good years is a stretch. Two very good years (AA is behind him though) then it normally becomes pretty middling pretty quick.

I think his game goes a bit longer than Walters who is completely cooked already but it goes quick for quick players over 30

I don't think he's having a mare of a season but I think 4-5 good years is a stretch. Two very good years (AA is behind him though) then it normally becomes pretty middling pretty quick.

I think his game goes a bit longer than Walters who is completely cooked already but it goes quick for quick players over 30
Love this bloke. Sensational career.

What was Betts traded for??

We're not letting him go for a token pick when we don't have a good replacement for him. He's one of our consistent 50 goal forwards for last 5 years - having a down year in 2024 for sure.

We will hold him for the last contract year and see how things go in 2025.

Charlie's agent usually start the noise one year outside contract renewal, happened before so this is not unusual.

Charlie has kicked 18.16 so far and still on track for 40+ in his poor season. Will be second in goals right now for Freo behind Treacy at 21.
Oh, any Freo poster that tells you he wouldn't be a big upgrade is full of shit. We have the worst smalls in the comp. I'd love him but he would be 30 if traded which makes him tricky to value

As soon as you prevent him from getting Joe the Goose goals out the back, he's a very average AFL player. His field kicking is awful and his set shot kicking is one of the worst in the league. Most of his goals do come from the ball over the back and using his speed to run onto it, he's getting older and his speed is declining

Oh, any Freo poster that tells you he wouldn't be a big upgrade is full of shit. We have the worst smalls in the comp. I'd love him but he would be 30 if traded which makes him tricky to value
31 midway through next year. Id be ok giving a Future second. Right now I feel St Kildas second is a little high.

As soon as you prevent him from getting Joe the Goose goals out the back, he's a very average AFL player. His field kicking is awful and his set shot kicking is one of the worst in the league. Most of his goals do come from the ball over the back and using his speed to run onto it, he's getting older and his speed is declining
I agree, terrible player. You should pass and continue with your current players.

The Lions got a 30 year old Jack Gunston for a couple of nothing picks and Gunston was averaging two goals a game for the Hawks the season he moved (32 goals in 16 games). I can't see Freo paying more than a second rounder if a deal was done.

It's the kind of player move where the team losing the player doesn't get value. It'd clearly be better for Brisbane if he stays but if he does go and genuine family reasons are involved I can still see it getting done.

As Snuff said, he'd be a huge upgrade on our current small forwards. We'd have two extra wins and be equal second if Charlie was in our team this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions got a 30 year old Jack Gunston for a couple of nothing picks and Gunston was averaging two goals a game for the Hawks the season he moved (32 goals in 16 games). I can't see Freo paying more than a second rounder if a deal was done.

It's the kind of player move where the team losing the player doesn't get value. It'd clearly be better for Brisbane if he stays but if he does go and genuine family reasons are involved I can still see it getting done.

As Snuff said, he'd be a huge upgrade on our current small forwards. We'd have two extra wins and be equal second if Charlie was in our team this year.
Massive difference between Gunston Gunners was 31 Hawks didn't want him and lowballed him Lions also are playing part of he's contract at the Hawks Cameron is actually having a decent season for a small forward at the Lions we aren't going to give him up for a throw away pick

Massive difference between Gunston Gunners was 31 Hawks didn't want him and lowballed him Lions also are playing part of he's contract at the Hawks Cameron is actually having a decent season for a small forward at the Lions we aren't going to give him up for a throw away pick

We definitely didn't lowball him. Sam has been on the record that he and JOM were the ones we wanted to keep. The JOM deal was too good to refuse and we traded Gunston on compassionate grounds.

Gunners wanted to get out of Melbourne as he dealt with his fathers passing.

We definitely didn't lowball him. Sam has been on the record that he and JOM were the ones we wanted to keep. The JOM deal was too good to refuse and we traded Gunston on compassionate grounds.

Gunners wanted to get out of Melbourne as he dealt with his fathers passing.
Don't give me that BS you know you offered Gunners a year contract hence lowballing him he clearly wanted 2 it had nothing to do with he's father he's father didn't live in Queensland

Don't give me that BS you know you offered Gunners a year contract hence lowballing him he clearly wanted 2 it had nothing to do with he's father he's father didn't live in Queensland
Maybe he's a more forgiving person than me but lowballed then went straight back there?

Charlie has kicked 18.16 so far and still on track for 40+ in his poor season. Will be second in goals right now for Freo behind Treacy at 21.
I mean at the moment he's not.

No his father lived in Melbourne.

Where he was trying to get away from.

Genuinely though, he's not being traded unless it's kind of a mutual agreement to part ways, so what do people think he's worth? I would be very reluctant to give up a top 20 pick for a 30 year old, even if exactly what Freo need on paper. I find him very hard to value.

Brisbane could go with Levi, Lohman and Bailey as their "smalls" next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back