Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you draft someone late and they'll be better than Cameron in 2-3 years especially for a bottom team then there's no need to spend a first rounder on an average small forward.
So why go after Cameron at all?

You should just use pick 73 on a player who will obviously be better than him in 2-3 years. Because it's that easy. As you've demonstrated.

So why go after Cameron at all?

You should just use pick 73 on a player who will obviously be better than him in 2-3 years. Because it's that easy. As you've demonstrated.

Who says we've gone after him? Apparently he wants move back to Queensland. Or maybe we believe we can get him for somewhere near his value.

If you draft someone late and they'll be better than Cameron in 2-3 years especially for a bottom team then there's no need to spend a first rounder on an average small forward.
IF is a big word - how can you ensure that a player who you have never seen play AFL will be better than Cameron who is showing that he turns up in finals

Who says we've gone after him? Apparently he wants move back to Queensland.
Well, this thread assumes some interest in his home state, doesn't it?

Or maybe we believe we can get him for somewhere near his value.
Why give up a second-rounder when you could draft a better player with pick 73?

But you've just spent several posts emphasising that later picks are more likely to deliver. Because Tom Papley. Or something.

Keep your second-rounder. Just roll up to the draft with pick 73. You'll be fine.

Do you know the meaning of if? If most small forwards are selected late in the draft and can quite quickly then it's pretty stupid to trade for one with a first rounder. Even a second rounder for an average small forward.

Would you like West Coast to trade their first rounder for Cameron?

Do you know the meaning of if? If most small forwards are selected late in the draft and can quite quickly then it's pretty stupid to trade for one with a first rounder. Even a second rounder for an average small forward.
Stupid to trade for a second-rounder too if you really believe that.

Would you like West Coast to trade their first rounder for Cameron?
No. But our circumstances are different.

Stupid to trade for a second-rounder too if you really believe that.

No. But our circumstances are different.

I don't want to trade a second rounder for him. Although with our retention issues someone who's likely to stay more than 2 years is a big plus.

Yeah it's more suited to trading for Cameron than ours.

never kicked 30 goals in a season not worth a top 30 pick :$
Then don't take him , don't you understand we don't want to lose another top 22 player as will lose Lever and already lost Smith for all our most of 2018.
We don't want to keep losing key players but if CC wants to go and someone wants to pay right price for we will do right thing .

Then don't take him , don't you understand we don't want to lose another top 22 player as will lose Lever and already lost Smith for all our most of 2018.
We don't want to keep losing key players but if CC wants to go and someone wants to pay right price for we will do right thing .
notice the :$ .... i was being sarcastic, he should net a pick between 20-25, maybe even late teens

I don't want to trade a second rounder for him. Although with our retention issues someone who's likely to stay more than 2 years is a big plus.
So what would you consider a reasonable deal for him?

Yeah it's more suited to trading for Cameron than ours.
Not really.

WC don't have the swag of picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this draft a pick in the 30s
Well, you probably shouldn't expect Adelaide to accept that. Realistically, that deal doesn't get done.

What does picks have to do with it? I mean list structure.
Because you have to consider the currency available.

What do you mean by "list structure"?

WC's most pressing need is the midfield. If pick 13 was to be traded out, I'd want a readymade, proven mid in return.

Brisbane, on the other hand, might have three picks before WC, depending on Rockliff compensation, and another one shortly after in the early second round. Maybe two if you get another PP. Therefore, I'd suggest it's more feasible to trade one of them for a readymade best 22 player who wants to be there. In this case, Cameron. You disagree, clearly. But the point being made here is that Brisbane's circumstances make it an easier sell than it would be for WC.

Haven't Brisbane drafted enough kids recently? WC probably haven't. WC need to keep going to the draft and don't have any extra picks.

Last edited:
Not sure if I agree with the west coast supporter saying Brisbane would be mad not to trade pick 12 for cc but quickly backing away from any suggestion of west coast trading their first pick for him lol. Shows massive double standards.

If Brisbane have the first pick of the second round at pick 19 (likely 20 after Rockliff compo) I would think that is reasonable as a straight swap. Unless they traded that last year?

Port would love a player like Cameron in our forward line and even I'm not sure I do pick 12 for him if we had it.

Having said that for Brisbane a pick 12 for Cameron + a second rounder makes sense to me. Only issue is Adelaide's second being so late.

He's uncontracted so Crows will not be happy and they'll not get the right price.
His contact status is literally tagged on the thread...

Big Footy Mentality

23 year old best 22 player in a team thats playing in a grand final and kicked 5 goals in a prelim and played all games in 2017
looking like the next Eddie Betts is worth a 2nd rounder

21 year old player who takes time away from his club and misses out on a neafl gf due to being cooked after playing just 10 games in 2017
averaging 0.4 goals a game is worth 2 first rounders or a top 5 pick

Charlie Cameron is easily worth #12

Big Footy Mentality

23 year old best 22 player in a team thats playing in a grand final and kicked 5 goals in a prelim and played all games in 2017
looking like the next Eddie Betts is worth a 2nd rounder

21 year old player who takes time away from his club and misses out on a neafl gf due to being cooked after playing just 10 games in 2017
averaging 0.4 goals a game is worth 2 first rounders or a top 5 pick

Charlie Cameron is easily worth #12

Oh dear. Comparing a second year key forward in the worst team to a 5th year forward pocket in the best team. Yeah that makes heaps of sense.

6 goals in his previous 12 games. A long way off Betts. Not that Betts was worth pick 12 when he left. Playing in a position usually filled by people taken late in the draft or rookie draft.

20 year old. Best 22. The next Tom Lynch. 0.9 goals/game. Worth a top 10 pick or 2 late first rounders.

We got lucky that his best game of the year was a prelim final. Pick 18 is more than enough. Get it done and move on.
Don't be logical, you have to over value him and twist other people's posts to suit your own opinions. Crows would like 12, Brisbane would like to use something in the twenties, 18 gets it done because he contacted but wants to go home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back