Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, cmon dude.

Apologies when I think about it the Lions will end up being a bottom 4 Club again in 2018, meaning that is going to be a pick 1-4.

I was assuming the Lions may improve their ladder position, I guess you would know better that this is not the case.

I'm taking it more from someone inside the club who has first hand knowledge of the situation.

If you keep believing what players say on camera, you're going to get nowhere.

Jake Lever "I did not speak to any melbourne players or officials in person"
Or "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Its strange that I would go into bat for the crows here but this is most likely media crap. They may well have asked the question if Brisbane would consider a package of picks and Cameron for him but I doubt they would just ask for Zorko.

Would've had to be a first rounder + cameron or something more even.
The media just picks the players names and run with it.

Same as "crows paid two frist rounders for gibbs". Yes we did but we get Carlton's 2nd rounder back which is only a few picks later...
They just dont have any interest in telling the full story because it doesnt sell papers.

I'm taking it more from someone inside the club who has first hand knowledge of the situation.

If you keep believing what players say on camera, you're going to get nowhere.

Jake Lever "I did not speak to any melbourne players or officials in person"

I mean, it makes some sense for a player to deny they're looking for a trade when they are.

But why would a player say publicly that they wanted a trade when they really didn't?

The Crows are clearly determined to "Take A Stand(TM)" against players leaving.

But they're doing it for exactly the wrong person. Cameron has been very open that he wants to go back to Queensland because it's home, and for family/compassionate reasons. I mean, I understand them being difficult over someone who is just cashing out to the highest bidder, but Cameron doesn't seem to be that type.

They're punishing Cameron (and Lever to an extent) for the actions of others.

Well his family are all in WA...so I'd say its more for a fat paycheck.

I mean, it makes some sense for a player to deny they're looking for a trade when they are.

But why would a player say publicly that they wanted a trade when they really didn't?
Yeah spot on... if he was genuinely happy and wanted to stay, why would he say that he still wanted a trade to get done this period. It serves to no-one's benefit unless he actually does want to move

Lol are you kidding me. Basically all crows supporters and lots of others were criticising SOS and carlton for apparently being stubborn and unreasonable...which people now are starting to see was unfair.

You are the one being a hypocrite and back tracking.

And on the contrary Blues fans are calling us out for "not allowing Cameron to go where he wants"...
How funny 12 months later and both sets of supporters are on the opposite side of the argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually youre wrong

Cotch was asked that, and essentially said he would be disappointed but the friendship was separate to the footy club

Cotch also ran over immediately after the prelim win to console his mate deledio.

Not everyone is my way or **** off

Just like Tex still has a good relationship with Phil Davis and Dangerfield.
There are different ways of leaving. Some are respectful to your teammates and club, some arent.

That is where the difference lies. Its not as simple as "Tex hates everyone who leaves"

For a Crows man, Rowe seems to get it wrong a lot too, like saying that Charlie had decided to stay.

He does, crows generally dont leak anything to the media.
Its really pissing off guys like Cornes and Rucci, so they write all sorts of negative rumours.
Rowe is just a numpty fullstop

Apologies when I think about it the Lions will end up being a bottom 4 Club again in 2018, meaning that is going to be a pick 1-4.

I was assuming the Lions may improve their ladder position, I guess you would know better that this is not the case.

Even if there was a feeling we'd move up the ladder there's no way a list manager would risk it, especially in a strong draft year.

I said happy to stay for another year, not to sign another long term deal.
He's probably realised that he's got one more chance at a flag before he puts the cue in the rack for $550k for the rest of his career at the Lions.

He's probably realised that he's got one more chance at a flag before he puts the cue in the rack for $550k for the rest of his career at the Lions.

Then why is his manager still publicly applying the blowtorch to the Crows today? I think your source has given you the bum steer.

True.

If we win the flag next year it may inspire him to stay and thereby screwing the Lions chance of getting a player that wants to return "home". I would have thought for a Club that has had players desert them, not just for $$$$$, that they would be wanting to grab as many quality QLD based players as possible.

Then why is his manager still publicly applying the blowtorch to the Crows today? I think your source has given you the bum steer.

I think he was just saying that he'd be happy to stay for another year, not that he doesnt necessarily want to go.
Obviously his worth is more this year, so now we have Gibbs we may make a move on him.

In other words he'd still like to go, but isnt AS desperate as indicated earlier. Similar to Gibbs last year I guess.

Yeah none of that story adds up lol

A bit like going home for family reasons to a place your family left years ago. ;)

What part doesnt add up?
The club have assured him verbally (and by getting Gibbs) that we're going hard at the flag again this season. If he's not desperate to get home within 12 months, it would make sense for him to stay the year dont you think? Even if its only a 10% chance of a flag.

So why not come out and say "I changed my mind and want to stay next year"??

He apparently repeated yesterday that he wanted to go.

Doesn't make sense.

A bit like going home for family reasons to a place your family left years ago. ;)

What part doesnt add up?
The club have assured him verbally (and by getting Gibbs) that we're going hard at the flag again this season. If he's not desperate to get home within 12 months, it would make sense for him to stay the year dont you think? Even if its only a 10% chance of a flag.

Ah well at least people have actually bought that story.

There's more to life than footy though. I agree, I'd take a pay cut to try for a flag but he's obviously desperate to get home.

Ah well at least people have actually bought that story.

There's more to life than footy though. I agree, I'd take a pay cut to try for a flag but he's obviously desperate to get home.

He never said he was desperate to go though, just that he wanted to.
Its not like hes got a sick relative in QLD (or any immediate family for that matter)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back