Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being Charlie Dixon and playing your best footy in the three year period of you career that Ken Hinkley wasn't coaching you

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Could not hate that "call themselves fans" call more. Really flipping fries my eggs to quote Steve Sanders from Beverly Hills 90210.

But I'll be honest, I enjoy him trying something new to get back to being a top notch forward. Our team misses him and I am still a fan of his play when he's up and firing. He may be over the hill, but he may not be. He's still out for a bit, so if we shift off Ken, he comes back and helps a caretaker coach win some games and show how shit Ken was, I'm all for it.

Soon Charles with retire without so much as a grand final to his name.

Stay patient.

Then troll the **** out of this idiot in retirement for his unrealised and lackluster AFL career where he sided with a dud coach over the fans of the most successful club in the country.

Soon Charles with retire without so much as a grand final to his name.

Stay patient.

Then troll the **** out of this idiot in retirement for his unrealised and lackluster AFL career where he sided with a dud coach over the fans of the most successful club in the country.

He doesn't mind, that's the problem. He's happy riding his bikes and making his money while playing for a club that doesn't suck quite as hard as Gold Coast did.

He doesn't mind, that's the problem. He's happy riding his bikes and making his money while playing for a club that doesn't suck quite as hard as Gold Coast did.
This 100%. He has ridden the Keninkly gravy train and will continue to for as long as he can. He doesnt give a shit about winning a flag.

the guy has been about as useful as a marzipan dildo for the last 4 years and not much chop before then

he's also demonstrated a Forrest Gump level of intelligence without the altruistic bent that Tom Hanks put into the character

his opinion means nothing, he'll soon be gone to play with obsolete technology in his garage and his legacy will be nothing but a few strong man poses in the photo archives of this club's most mediocre era since the silent era

see ya chuck

the guy has been about as useful as a marzipan dildo for the last 4 years and not much chop before then

he's also demonstrated a Forrest Gump level of intelligence without the altruistic bent that Tom Hanks put into the character

his opinion means nothing, he'll soon be gone to play with obsolete technology in his garage and his legacy will be nothing but a few strong man poses in the photo archives of this club's most mediocre era since the silent era

see ya chuck

He’s been OK but nothing more than a B grade key forward who never stepped up to the elite level. There’s a clear gap when you compare him against his contemporaries and yeah he’s done some chop out ruck work but nowhere near enough to compensate.

Walker 2.3 goals per game
Riewoldt 2.2
Curnow 2.1
Dixon 1.6

Which is fine, not everyone can be an A grader. But unfortunately for us we banked on him being one, both in dollars and gameplan, and he just never quite cut the mustard.

His attitude towards supporters stinks and I think that’s largely reflective of the organisational culture and the siege mentality that has pervaded the place ever since daddy went into job preservation mode 6-7 years ago.

Is Willsy10 around to tell us how much he's totally cool with Charlie attacking him and his fellow Port supporters again?

Honestly, it's not that bad what he said, and if i was in his shoes i would be backing the coach to the hilt too. His career is hanging by a thread and at this point in time the man in charge of the team whether we like it or not is Ken Hinkley.

He said he didn't agree with the booing and personally I've never agreed with booing either but found myself doing it on saturday at half time and then left in disgust in the 3rd quarter to just remove myself from the situation. I'm sure if i was played back some of the behavior i show watching footy i would cringe and probably be a bit disappointed in my behavior.

a more measured response like that of Peter Malinauskas would've been preferable, highlighting that we are a very passionate fan base, but a fringe player with his career at the cross roads i can understand why he would've felt the need to perhaps not sit on the fence with this one.

I'm sure some of these players will completely change their tune when the next coach comes in.

Honestly, it's not that bad what he said, and if i was in his shoes i would be backing the coach to the hilt too. His career is hanging by a thread and at this point in time the man in charge of the team whether we like it or not is Ken Hinkley.

He said he didn't agree with the booing and personally I've never agreed with booing either but found myself doing it on saturday at half time and then left in disgust in the 3rd quarter to just remove myself from the situation. I'm sure if i was played back some of the behavior i show watching footy i would cringe and probably be a bit disappointed in my behavior.

a more measured response like that of Peter Malinauskas would've been preferable, highlighting that we are a very passionate fan base, but a fringe player with his career at the cross roads i can understand why he would've felt the need to perhaps not sit on the fence with this one.

I'm sure some of these players will completely change their tune when the next coach comes in.
nah fúçk him, he's a loser player defending a loser coach

both of which are mental dwarves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not enough references to Schulzs racecar bed. Clap back better next time

it seems inevitable that he will be involved in a physical altercation with a member of the public after he retires. he won't be able to control himself when someone calls him shit. doesn't come across as a man who can 'rise above' petty jibes.

This 100%. He has ridden the Keninkly gravy train and will continue to for as long as he can. He doesnt give a shit about winning a flag.
Unfortunately that's the read I got from him from a sports night I attended. In fact the only player I left impressed with from that night was Robbie Gray. The attitude of the other players was local footy club level. Wasn't impressed.

I know it is easy to stick the boot into Charlie, but surely he is getting some basic media training and advice? We have just lost at home by 13 goals, maybe don't pot the long suffering members who pay to be there? Same after the Russell Ebert tribute match, maybe don't call your supporters idiots and tell us the team is travelling well after a 12 goal loss.

The problem is the club won't listen to measured response, that's been tried by members through many letters of complaint often left unanswered (my personal experience), withdrawn membership & dwindling average crowds. So it escalates. I rarely boo but make an exception for opposition players who I believe deliberately cheat the rules & don't play in the spirit of the game. I would boo Ken in a heartbeat for so many reasons but 2 main ones - 1. he has refused to publicly accept any accountability for the teams continual failure in finals games & games that have celebrated our rich history & 2. he has destroyed my love of football.

it seems inevitable that he will be involved in a physical altercation with a member of the public after he retires. he won't be able to control himself when someone calls him shit. doesn't come across as a man who can 'rise above' petty jibes.
Lol no he won't. He's all huff and puff on the footy oval, I can't see real life being any different.

Why are we even listening to this bloke anymore?

He's finished, he'll never put on the Power guernsey again, and will play his last few games in a Magpies wooden spoon team in front of three men and a dog.

Attacks the fans and aligned himself to a loser coach, and a loser is exactly what he'll finish his career as as they ride off together into PAFC irrelevance. Good riddance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back