Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd turn him into the "shape keeper" need a pressure fwd that's actually has some pace and skill. He will be good for a goal here n there. I reckon he'd be a better then mchenry and Murphy.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm all for any idea to replace Murphy or Mchenry.

The problem is Jones can't find the ball on the wing or half back. He will almost never find it as a half forward. Murphy and Mchenry hardly find it either, so maybe it won't hurt us.

Jones is good for some solid defensive work, so it could be an ideal role for him. That or the back pocket.

It is still a massive disappointment, considering we paid an early first rounder for what was meant to be a midfielder, not a depth or role player.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm all for any idea to replace Murphy or Mchenry.

The problem is Jones can't find the ball on the wing or half back. He will almost never find it as a half forward. Murphy and Mchenry hardly find it either, so maybe it won't hurt us.

Jones is good for some solid defensive work, so it could be an ideal role for him. That or the back pocket.

It is still a massive disappointment, considering we paid an early first rounder for what was meant to be a midfielder, not a depth or role player.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember, early in his career, Pike played him in the role, and I think he kicked 3 against North.

I've just accepted that he will never live up to the draft capital spent on him, but he still has solid afl attributes for a role player.

100% agree pressure fwd or back pocket.

Jones has a nice combination of speed, hardness, and explosiveness. Those are valuable traits which can help make an average player into a great one.

Unfortunately, he's just not that good at actually finding the ball. Almost all of his highlights are defensive acts - him successfully chasing down someone you wouldn't expect him to catch, or him nailing a tackle or a bump, or him smothering the ball. But there are almost no highlights of him actually going and winning the ball himself, or putting himself in a good position to get it.

I'm not convinced he's all that skilful with the ball once he gets it, either.
Couldn’t have said it better

Remember, early in his career, Pike played him in the role, and I think he kicked 3 against North.

I've just accepted that he will never live up to the draft capital spent on him, but he still has solid afl attributes for a role player.

100% agree pressure fwd or back pocket.

Deserves a go at pressure fwd, swap for … Murphy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back